It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much more can we take before someone get's killed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This is a story from The Netherlands but this is going on everywhere. How much more can we take? When we can't pay our bills anymore and your kids and yourself need to eat? Do you spend your last money on your bills or on food? Most of us will choose food but after that the government and banks debt collectors come to take your house away and everything else. When people are fed up and are backed against the wall we act with emotion. And emotions like that are hard to control.

This is what happened when they come knocking at this man's house.

The debt collector and the police came to the man's house but the man pulled a gun and started shooting. The debt collector was not hit but a policeman got hit in the leg. Arrest team came and got the man out of his house (alive). Think if this was in the US they would've just shot and killed the man.

This is one of many incidents. When you take away all a man's got he will eventually snap and clap back. Richer and poorer are growing farther away from each other and the working class is getting screwed in every way. The only people getting a raise on their salary are the bankers and the politricks.

In the near future i see more shootings on debt collectors. And they have the guts to say on national tv that the crisis is over. Basterds.... It has only just begun.

Source is in dutch.

www.niburu.co...:er-gaan-een-keer-doden-vallen&catid=10:buitenland&Itemid=23

www.omroepwest.nl...

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Annunak1

“A city's only ever three hot meals away from anarchy.”

Alastair Reynold

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I predicted that this scenario could happen in the US over the next ten years. I see lower income peoples going to loot elites mansions and business'. They bought bunkers and all that but I think people will quickly figure out how to get around that obstacle. When someone works hard all week then pays their bills and have nothing left,-That crap won't last too much longer. I think it will be the bloodiest war ever fought but it is a war that has to happen.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

It is bad in my case. I feel the pressure from the economy pushing so hard. And a lot of people around me do, as well. It subconsciously makes a lot of things harder. For example, I am less willing to engage in trade when I am not sure if I can get what I trade back - even if it is illogical and I would be better off trading -

There is risk that giving up something could cause a crack in my living system that would take resources I don't have to fix. I just hope things don't get any worse than they are right now, I am stretched to my limit and worried about making ends meet.

To be honest, I am suffering quite a bit and not only am I in poverty, I am not making a real-life appearance anywhere near my education level and background. That causes its own problems when I don't have the authority to match my intelligence.

People say it is easy, bull#. It isn't easy. First I had to get my student loans down to $10,000. Then I had to pay them off. Then I had to secure a car. Then I had to secure an apartment. Then I had to secure enough money for bills - now I am working on securing enough money for food and gas - yes, that comes after bills. I have been living off ramen and the like for around two years.

And sometimes you just don't get to drive where you have to, even if it is the grocery store to get food. Tough luck.

No matter what Obama says, internet access is essential at home for research, work (like tutoring) and communication. Sorry, but I'm not going to go to the library every day for that kind of thing. And yes, sorry, I am taking paying my bills and having internet and phone access seriously. I'm sorry Obama. That's just the way it is.

But that is about as far as I can get. Better than other people my age, which is once again terrible.

However I just applied for food stamps to help me out. And my housing is subsidized. And one traffic ticket and I won't be able to pay my bills or rent.

So not only am I in poverty, I am in danger of losing my housing and electricity - and this is with a full college education. And not only am I in poverty, but the only reason I **GET** to even be in poverty is because I have government assistance. And I hate having government assistance.

If things get worse for me, I'm on the streets and more than likely most of my stuff I've collected over the years will get looted. Thanks for listening, guys.
edit on 22amSat, 22 Mar 2014 08:51:07 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
In the business I used to be in, government work, several people in positions of power were "reclassed". They were all at different pay grades and were all given raises to the same wage - $48/hour. Some of them got a $10/hour raise. The people they supervise got no such reclassification or raise. The change was instituted without an announcement, quietly.

The only reason we found out about the raises was someone heard a rumor and filed FOIA paperwork. Employer had to comply.

With this kind of crap going on it's a wonder those in power haven't been slaughtered yet. There will come a day when the pitchforks will come out and the people in power will rue their greed.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Granny Clampett had a shot gun full of rock salt meant for the back sides of them revenuers that might come around sniffing for her moonshine still.

I guess, based on popular belief, that a lot of people back during the 1930s era depression had a shot gun welcome for bankers, government agents, lawyers and city slickers.

Of course, be it Mayberry or back home in the hills, the local county law had an understanding and ways to handle the locals - back in the day, or at least on old TV shows. But now-a-days, Barney Fife has full body armor, a fully loaded assault rifle, and a team outfitted with all kinds of military gear.

I would like to see a "reality" remake of the Andy Griffith show, better yet, I'd like to write and produce it.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Annunak1
Do you spend your last money on your bills or on food? Most of us will choose food

I had to make that choice quite a lot in the past year or two, I actually choose bills and either starve or make super-cheap stuff like rice or ramen. I also buy vitamins in order to make sure I am not getting malnutrition.

This month, my bills all got paid, but it is still iffy whether or not I'm going to have good food all the way until April. There is a food bank I can go to.

I'm just saying, I go bills all the way before food. When I first moved into my apartment, I had to pay double rent and double electric and double internet PLUS a $150 set-up fee.

That amounts to around $250 in extra utilities the first month. In addition to that, it was around an extra $300 above and beyond normal rent payments. There is no way in hell I could afford that easily again. I would rather starve half a month than have to figure out how to get shelter again. I was officially homeless only last November.

What really pisses me off, though, is I have a math minor, computer science minor, physics minor, psychology major, tons of experience in audio engineering and I'm still struggling.

Anyway, I will go for the water out of my tap, a $10 bottle of vitamins and $5 of ramen for 15 days before not paying my bills.
edit on 22amSat, 22 Mar 2014 09:00:17 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

darkbake

It is bad in my case. I feel the pressure from the economy pushing so hard. And a lot of people around me do, as well. It subconsciously makes a lot of things harder. For example, I am less willing to engage in trade when I am not sure if I can get what I trade back - even if it is illogical and I would be better off trading -

There is risk that giving up something could cause a crack in my living system that would take resources I don't have to fix. I just hope things don't get any worse than they are right now, I am stretched to my limit and worried about making ends meet.

To be honest, I am suffering quite a bit and not only am I in poverty, I am not making a real-life appearance anywhere near my education level and background. That causes its own problems when I don't have the authority to match my intelligence.

People say it is easy, bull#. It isn't easy. First I had to get my student loans down to $10,000. Then I had to pay them off. Then I had to secure a car. Then I had to secure an apartment. Then I had to secure enough money for bills - now I am working on securing enough money for food and gas - yes, that comes after bills. I have been living off ramen and the like for around two years.

And sometimes you just don't get to drive where you have to, even if it is the grocery store to get food. Tough luck.

No matter what Obama says, internet access is essential at home for research, work (like tutoring) and communication. Sorry, but I'm not going to go to the library every day for that kind of thing. And yes, sorry, I am taking paying my bills and having internet and phone access seriously. I'm sorry Obama. That's just the way it is.

But that is about as far as I can get. Better than other people my age, which is once again terrible.

However I just applied for food stamps to help me out. And my housing is subsidized. And one traffic ticket and I won't be able to pay my bills or rent.

So not only am I in poverty, I am in danger of losing my housing and electricity - and this is with a full college education. And not only am I in poverty, but the only reason I **GET** to even be in poverty is because I have government assistance. And I hate having government assistance.

If things get worse for me, I'm on the streets and more than likely most of my stuff I've collected over the years will get looted. Thanks for listening, guys.
edit on 22amSat, 22 Mar 2014 08:51:07 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

I feel you friend. It's ruff out there. I had to sell my 2 cars to get back on track. Now i bike everywhere or take my moms car.
I am to on government assistance right now but now because i lost my job but because i lost my dad last month and i'm mentally unstable to work at the moment. The working class is getting pushed to the edge. Most students these days got a HUGE debt to pay off when they finally finish their study. 2 cousins of my already got 15000+ Debts in euro's. I had a 1500 euro debt that will be paid off in the next 6 months.

I hope good times are coming for you i really do. It's hard enough in this concrete jungle to survive.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 22-3-2014 by Annunak1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

DarkBake,

I have been reading your posts about your situation with great interest. You are like so many right now in the states and in my opinion, what you have to say has great relevance. I hope you get a break and get your head well above water.

I hope this isn't too personal of a question to put to you, but how were things for you before college and your life now? Did you have stability and financial security?

When I grew up in the 70s and early 80s, my parents both worked, dad with one of the big three car makers and mom with a big utility company, both had white collar jobs and mobility. We lived in what was then a good suburban blue collar neighborhood, in a decent sized house with a garage.

Things were tight early on and I hate to admit what my family had to do to make ends meet during the recession of the 70s, but over all it was secure and stable. The family had broken up, moved away and both parents divorced and retired in the late 1980s. Times were again getting harder in my life and although I live by my wits month to month were I am now, I'm in no fear of losing my place, just no real chance of getting very far in life here. What do you want when you live in a swamp anyways?

That's my basic story, I thought I'd share with you.

edit on 22-3-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Don't feel too bad guys......At least you are not dealing drugs and "collecting" for a criminal organisation on the side, or running numbers yet.....
Lots of people are working on the down low, doing all kinds of illegal activities to get even ramen once in a while.....
One misjudgement and its two to five years making furniture for the profit of some private prison co., along with the highest per capita prison pop in the entire world.
My particular hobby is teaching the art of moonshining to anyone interested.....you would be surprised how that will get ya through.....
In the collapse it would suffice to feed you....
Everything you want to do is legal if you don't get caught......
The government is a large mafia in itself which has no legal limits.....
Social moors are breaking down faster than you think everywhere....Up the Revolution!
edit on 22-3-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

darkbake

I'm in much the same situation as you education and finance wise. I just had one of those hiccups, an employer is actually giving me a job interview for an actual position that would pay more than a subsistence wage. Of course, I have no clothes at this point that are interview appropriate. Trying to figure out what I can sell on short notice in order to get a tiny shot at a real job.

I currently have shelter but I've done the whole living under someones porch thing, or under a bridge, or just "on campus" with no actual residence. Until people are put in a situation where they have no assets and have to stretch $5 to eat for three weeks straight they simply won't understand. Living in that type of poverty changes you, permanently.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

Yes it does. Some days I don't feel the changes (recently I was able to get my own apartment) but maybe it is more like don't notice the changes.

There are good ones as well, for example, I am quite happy with my minimalist living situation after being through worse -

Of course on the bad days, the negative side of things is felt, not feeling good enough, not feeling safe, afraid to interact with others, I guess that sort of thing. And I'm still not necessarily safe -

Although one thing that helped was I decided to make a pyramid to help me prioritize the other day. On the bottom was "Shelter, Bills, Food" the big addition there was food because I can let that slide - I wanted to have enough food to start feeling safer. I dunno. I'm still working on the rest of the pyramid.

Good idea I had though, I thought. See, it gets too overwhelming sometimes to solve everything at once. So actually giving up on a few areas allows me to put effort into one or two successfully (while REALLY screwing up on others) until the one or two areas stabilize, anyway, it seems to work okay.

Good luck finding work clothes and interview clothes.
edit on 24pmMon, 24 Mar 2014 20:03:20 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join