It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist schools BBC on Russian intervention in Crimea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Telegraph Journalist Liam Halligan debates Russia, Ukraine and Crimea with Andrew Neil, Diane Abbott and Michael Portillo on BBC This Week.

Debate

Who knows the truth?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I enjoyed this, thank you for linking it here i would have not found this otherwise.

It always seems that the runaway freight train that is mainstream news and reporters is always massively stacks one way or the other, this guy needs to be listened to, yes russia has its issues, what country doesnt? He makes some excellent points, no leader can change everything overnight and he does a good job of describing the huge changes that HAVE been made, its not always about the current events.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Thanks for posting. I found it funny because I was half distracted by my television when I went to click on the picture thinking it was an embedded video. Stupid me. But thanks for the post.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Good Vid.

Always remember there are two sides to everything.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Suppose this what happens when people are told/brainwashed for generations that Russia is evil and that we are perfect and the pinnacle of all things good in the west.

Sadly many people foolishly believe that we live in a free democracy . pfft when was the last time a country's leader had been fired from the people in the western world .

Time and time again it is shown we the people have no power in our countries or the world over . All voting does right now is just give some hopeful a winning lotto ticket to push the corporate agendas of their choice.

edit on 22/3/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Crazy how Diane Abbott opens with some cliched scripted buzz word about sabre rattling lol, typical middling politician talk, everything she says has just been pulled by her PA about 5 minutes before the show lol. I suspect she has absolutely no idea what is happening on a global political level.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Portillo was Secretary of Defence from '95 to '97.

He puts it clearly when he said they knew they shouldn't get involved with Ukraine even back then, and that it was bad news.

So, whats happened 17 years on that suddenly they think it's a really good idea to face off with the eastern block and set us back 50 years.

Whatcould be the 'oh so powerful' reasoning behind NATO's and Europes intrest in something that less than 20 years ago was considered absolutely unthinkable.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

American expansionism i'd guess.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Biigs, you're welcome! It is interesting to me what is happening now: in the ukrainian case many of ATS-ers believe (and citing) the "good old" western mainstream media, and criticising the "other side" with things like state propaganda.

Born2BWildReloaded, sorry, I'll try to insert the youtube video, bnrl, thank you!

freedomSlave, we are all brainwashed, but nowadays everybody has the opportunity for doing their homework, with the help of internet for example. Some years after 911 I was looking for "true" information about the event and I found ATS and VT (Veterans Today) and I know now that in America there are many thinking people too. Seeing the recent tendency I'm confused a little.

Andy1972: it seems they're in a hurry, but why?

Bellor: expansionism or pre-flight?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Bellor
reply to post by andy1972

American expansionism i'd guess.

No, i don't think it's just the U.S this time.

I think theres more than meets the eye with this whole issue.

The big money behind Europe, which is probably the same as the U.S, for some reason wants to push this as far as they can..Europes suffering a recession, time for another Europe wide war to get the economies moving again.

top topics

join