It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you UFO enthusiasts bother?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

DeadSeraph
reply to post by nightmare_david

Here's the problem with your post...

You start out with this:

OP finds it hard to believe they could be life from another planet, but will say it could possibly be spiritual entities? Some caught the ignorance in that, but a good chunk of you didn't and that's very surprising.

Then you say this:

There's no logic in that at all. What is also getting old is when a person says UFO, everyone just automatically assumes they are talking about aliens. I've had two sightings and will never call it alien because I have no idea what was controlling the things. Could be alien, spiritual entity, human being or unmanned. All I know is what I saw moved in ways that aren't possible with craft we know of, but I'll never say it was alien because I never saw the pilot/possible computer controlling them.

So you imply it's an ignorant theory, then concede it's a possibility. Which is it?

There is a multitude of very good reasons why many people are cautious about labeling the UFO phenomenon a physical nuts and bolts issue (aliens from outer space). The abduction phenomenon strongly resembles spiritual/psychological phenomenon in many ways, and UFO's themselves don't often behave in ways we would expect a nuts and bolts craft to behave. Couple that with the amount of deceit and new age hocus pokus in contactee circles (including channeling, possession, and other paranormal type stuff) and people have every right to be skeptical and/or cautious.

Spiritual and interdimensional could be interchangeable terms in some cases, and some of the most well known UFOlogists in history have come to the same conclusion: That the UFO phenomenon is not all it's cracked up to be, and there are strong indications of a psychological/spiritual element involved.

I'd recommend this thread here on ATS for further reading, or any of Jacques Vallee's books (actually I'd recommend them all. Dr.Vallee has done fantastic work and is an invaluable contributor to the field).

Don't twist what I said. I don't go for that at all

I said I would never call what I seen alien because I never saw who/what was controlling the thing. I list all the possibilities that it could be. OP says it can't possibly be aliens from another planet, but will say it can be spiritual entities. How can the OP say that unless he saw who/what controlled the UFO? What I saw was a UFO (Unidentified Flying Object). Nothing more, nothing less. Never once did I say or imply what I believed controlled it.

What I said was pretty clear. Don't twist my words again. You have no idea how seriously I take that.
edit on 22-3-2014 by nightmare_david because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

The reason I come here is simple, I have sen the craft and I have also had visitors similar but not the same to the Grey's, Brown's and mantid types. These have been witnessed by my ex wife and friends (my ex witnessed the greys). This is a difficult topic for those who have had these experiences as most people do not understand as they ridicule us and think we are nuts. Well if an IQ of 162, a government position in genetic engineering, 3 degrees, a landrover and an obsession with flyfishing makes me nuts then so be it, I will take nuts ta.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

I didn't twist what you said at all. I quoted you, verbatim.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

spyder4728

You have obviously never seen something you could not explain.

let me tell you.. it can change a lot. Maybe most of us that are on this forum do so in the hopes of finding some kind of explanation. we can only try do this by sharing experiences and information.

I have. It hasn't changed my ability to think critically and logically, though I know that's often the case.

"I know what I saw!" is an odd way to say you've seen something you can't explain, but you hear it all the time nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Perhaps one day someone will use the HD camera on their phone and take a good quality video or still of a UFO that is undeniable, and then post it here to be reviewed by both the debunkers and the true believers.

That is reason enough I would say.

With real proof sufficiently proven all will have no choice but to believe.

Charlyboy
Well if an IQ of 162, a government position in genetic engineering, 3 degrees, a landrover and an obsession with flyfishing makes me nuts then so be it, I will take nuts ta.

None of the above makes you not nuts either.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

In my case, his opinion = 0% while mine = 100%...Seems to me that if a person has never seen a UFO, he/she is unqualified to discuss the topic...And opinions don't matter...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

AthlonSavage

I have seen a Ufo up closer than anyone on Ats, and know they are real. My feeling on Ufos is however they are a waste of time for me, there is more interesting things in this world than Ufos, and no they are not Aliens.

Care to elaborate? Especially the statement "I have seen a Ufo up closer than ANYONE on ATS, and know they are real."

Such statements should be supported. With some sort of explanation, anyway.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I call intentional pot-stirring on the OP for this one, lol. 3 pages later and not even a single response from the OP... sounds like someone achieved exactly what they were trying to: adding fuel to the fire.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

They exist. They are inter-dimensional. And they are nephilim and fallen angels.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
4/10 for trolling. Your a bit TOO obvious but balls I guess, still lacking technique. Practice more on Reddit for round 2

surrealist

You seriously don't believe in UFOs do you? Every so called photo or film capture is either fake or easily explained. So what prompts you to keep coming back to this forum on such a regular basis? What are you hoping to see? Something to validate your distant hope that UFOs exist or mere curiosity? Or maybe you feel it helpful to debunk the wide belief in UFOs while pretending to be a believer in them?

I don't believe in UFOs, at least not the alien kind. I do have some curiosity however as I wonder if there exist any earthly made UFO type craft or if they are spiritual entities manifesting as UFO craft, and either phenomenon is captured on film.

However seems everything is fake or cgi or whatever, so even my curiosity is low and only occasionally look in this forum. Everything is so promptly dismissed that it is like visiting a UFO debunking forum. Must be very frustrating being a UFO enthusiast wasting so much time debunking newly posted threads about alleged UFOs, whether text, photo or film. Although I note some have got this down to an efficient art simply by opening new threads and typing - cgi.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Yea he's sitting back beatin off..

parad0x122
I call intentional pot-stirring on the OP for this one, lol. 3 pages later and not even a single response from the OP... sounds like someone achieved exactly what they were trying to: adding fuel to the fire.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Told you people you were being trolled

When they post like that and never bother to respond, Stevie Wonder could see the trolling in that. As soon as they are called out they have nothing to say. Hide in the corner of their basements like usual.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join