It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you UFO enthusiasts bother?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I find it much harder to believe in people that can live with such a high degree of denial as you seem to be.. With just one of the best cases being true, is enough to destroy what you are saying..
Like the Lonnie Zamora case. or a JAL airlines pilot seeing a very large UFO and fighter planes even came out to see it, and it was quite the story when it happened..
They are here, and they have been here. Time to get over it and move on and accept reality. And yes, the military still covers it all up and compartmentalises anyone that needs to know anything about them, and they spend billions of dollars to keep you thinking how you are thinking.

It has been working very well for a long time. But not everyone remains caught in that net. People have to let themselves out though.
edit on 22-3-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Agreed, it's the repeat personal experiences (outside, under the stars) that keep me coming back here, not the videos, not the photos - none of that I find legitimate. I come to ATS to enjoy some discussion and go outside to see some UFOs. It's really all anyone has to do, but ATS being a 'catch all' environment it seems most of the time people are just peddling videos.

I too enjoy pilot reports and just reading people's experiences whether they have photo/video or not. I'm not 16 anymore - I can handle reading and making judgements for myself, I don't need to be told what to think by videos or photos with sensationalist titles.

Also, I just don't think our world governments are competent enough to have the machinery I've seen - that people put too much faith in them being this all over-ruling have loads of secret tech kind of folks, yes I may be wrong, but so far my experiences point as much to aliens as they do any kind of advanced "tech".

Anyway, I admit when my personal experiences 'dry up' I typically visit the forum less, but then something seems to happen or arise and it feels necessary to be here to see what else is going on, whether similar things are experienced in similar timeframes etc. UFOlogy is really one of those things you need to pick and mix your own content to get your answers from it. This forum is just another place to pick up the occasional bit of truth, or just some ideas/new lines of thinking that perhaps I hadn't thought of/considered yet.
edit on 22-3-2014 by markymint because: spelling

(post by bottleslingguy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
My experiences is what brought me here. Looking for answers to what i have seen, or to see if it has happened to someone else. I don't even know what i have seen to be real, but i guess it has to happen to you to believe that it exists.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

surrealist
You seriously don't believe in UFOs do you? Every so called photo or film capture is either fake or easily explained. So what prompts you to keep coming back to this forum on such a regular basis? What are you hoping to see? Something to validate your distant hope that UFOs exist or mere curiosity? Or maybe you feel it helpful to debunk the wide belief in UFOs while pretending to be a believer in them?

I don't believe in UFOs, at least not the alien kind. I do have some curiosity however as I wonder if there exist any earthly made UFO type craft or if they are spiritual entities manifesting as UFO craft, and either phenomenon is captured on film.

However seems everything is fake or cgi or whatever, so even my curiosity is low and only occasionally look in this forum. Everything is so promptly dismissed that it is like visiting a UFO debunking forum. Must be very frustrating being a UFO enthusiast wasting so much time debunking newly posted threads about alleged UFOs, whether text, photo or film. Although I note some have got this down to an efficient art simply by opening new threads and typing - cgi.

There is a reason you live in canberra. It's the largest aviary in the world..

there is a peacock, a hawke and a bunch of galahs.

Yeah well it worked 30 years ago.

You know, if it weren't for enthusiasts, these forums wouldn't exist. Try as you might, you betray yourself, and the irony is quaint. "I don't care that much but I care this much!"

Hmmm?

edit on 22-3-2014 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

surrealist
Everything is so promptly dismissed that it is like visiting a UFO debunking forum.

Can't argue with that my friend... you nailed it !

I am a firmly belief in UFOs and Aliens, but this forum is indeed looking as a debunker forum. Maybe it's time ATS have a Debunker's forum, where all people who loves debunking will be happy and bright !

... or not, I guess debunkers are only happy and satisfied when playing their small shilling roles around. It's as Stan Friedman said in a doc somewhere "Skepticism is good, we need it, let takes this evidence and study it, but debunkers already have an agenda" (or something alike)

Cheers,

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I wanna sound and use a tone much like the crazy old man from Jaws on this.

"There be some strange things in the skys at times"

Ur willing to believe in poltergeists, or energy manifestations, but highly advanced technology capable piloted from people of a different origins, as to where mythology(gossip) or word of mouth to dare challenge the God(s) of the old world view.

The main problem with the enthusiast, finding actual evidence of ufos would be like discovering a new species, or continent. Sure you will see the harsh de-bunkers and easily insulted believers. Some videos are more real then you'd think, while others, is just absolute fascination.

Discovering aliens would be like discovering a new faith, a new world, and new boundaries.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

Many are fake in today's world because someone wants to become a "Youtube" star or will to fool other's just so that can say I told you so. When someone reports a UFO sighting, it doesn't always me they saw a alien controlled craft. To say 100% there are no such thing would imply that once has covered the solar system, toured every planet or rock, recorded said evidence as proof. I doubt that the human race will ever answer this question to all's Satisfaction. I've researched this field for 22 years and still lack proof to convince all.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
You'd be a beleiver if you got abducted and probed as i did. Not a pleasant experience to say the least.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Anything that exhibits both intelligence and ones that are not yet fully discovered are alien to us. So UFOs are alien in nature. We know these things exist but we do not know the force behind these things. Doesn´t spiritual entities qualify as ´alien´ though?
edit on 22-3-2014 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by abdctd

Indeed it would not be and I'm sorry it happened to you

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

So basically you created this thread to mock those that believe in UFOs.

Ill turn your question around:

Why do you, mister UFO skeptic, bother to try and convince believers that they are wrong?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

surrealist
You seriously don't believe in UFOs do you? Every so called photo or film capture is either fake or easily explained...........

Well UFOs exist because they are, by definition, something witnessed that could not be identified at the time. That is all a UFO is. It does not mean an alien spacecraft.

Then we have god? Every photo, film...............oh hang on there aren't any and there is nothing but ancient myths that would not stand up as proof of god. So why do people still hang on to their beliefs?

So anyway...

My personal belief on UFOs is that most of them are simply mistaken sightings, military experiments and natural phenomena that we are yet to understand (e.g the Hessdalen lights). Others are the product of mischievous minds, attention seekers and the mentally unstable. However the universe is incomprehensibly vast and if just one case can be proven beyond doubt to be extra-terrestrial then the world changes forever.

So the search continues and I suspect we'll one day discover alien life but will never truly find 'god'

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

mirageman

surrealist
You seriously don't believe in UFOs do you? Every so called photo or film capture is either fake or easily explained...........

Well UFOs exist because they are, by definition, something witnessed that could not be identified at the time. That is all a UFO is. It does not mean an alien spacecraft.

Then we have god? Every photo, film...............oh hang on there aren't any and there is nothing but ancient myths that would not stand up as proof of god. So why do people still hang on to their beliefs?

So anyway...

My personal belief on UFOs is that most of them are simply mistaken sightings, military experiments and natural phenomena that we are yet to understand (e.g the Hessdalen lights). Others are the product of mischievous minds, attention seekers and the mentally unstable. However the universe is incomprehensibly vast and if just one case can be proven beyond doubt to be extra-terrestrial then the world changes forever.

So the search continues and I suspect we'll one day discover alien life but will never truly find 'god'

well true, your comment about ufo's being something witnessed that could not be identified at the time. True, most, some are explainable but then you get a few that are not explainable, many, in my mind come to mind, the Phoenix lights the Stephenville ufo's, the Kecksburg ufo and many more that in my opinion, are the real deal. Have you had a chance to see any of the Science Channels " NASA's Unexplained Files"? I would recommend them all. I haven't seen the 4th installment yet, but # 3 was fascinating, esp. the image of something dark which appears to be connecting something to the sun, possibly for use to gain fuel for its travels through solar systems. I think there is life out there all over the place and SOME of it, is indeed coming to see what the primatives on Earth are up to.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This was an obvious attempt to troll that many of you fell for.

OP finds it hard to believe they could be life from another planet, but will say it could possibly be spiritual entities? Some caught the ignorance in that, but a good chunk of you didn't and that's very surprising.

There's no logic in that at all. What is also getting old is when a person says UFO, everyone just automatically assumes they are talking about aliens. I've had two sightings and will never call it alien because I have no idea what was controlling the things. Could be alien, spiritual entity, human being or unmanned. All I know is what I saw moved in ways that aren't possible with craft we know of, but I'll never say it was alien because I never saw the pilot/possible computer controlling them.

UFO=unidentified flying object. Nothing more, nothing less. People seem to have forgotten that or they're a hardcore debunker that will use the term to imply that they must mean alien controlled then use it to make the other look insane. That happens here on a daily basis by professional trolls.

@OP technically if it wasn't an alien from Mars or something, but a spiritual entity not of this world, still considered an alien, buddy. Alien in this case can mean anything not of this Earth. Any place that is beyond where we exist.

I'm done. Don't know why I am waisting time on what is clearly a bad attempt at trolling.
edit on 22-3-2014 by nightmare_david because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2014 by nightmare_david because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

You have obviously never seen something you could not explain.

let me tell you.. it can change a lot. Maybe most of us that are on this forum do so in the hopes of finding some kind of explanation. we can only try do this by sharing experiences and information.

Of coarse everything is scrutinized. it has to be. Most of us are looking for some form of truth, and for some reason there is many out there to make this more difficult by making these hoaxes and perpetuating false information. changing the narrative if you will. Why they do this? i don't know. possibly for amusement. possibly to make anyone who makes a claim appear as a nut job.

i saw something once. It doesn't matter what the details are because anyone can try to add their own 2 cents. nothing i could say would ever convince you... as they say seeing is believing.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

Here's the problem with your post...

You start out with this:

OP finds it hard to believe they could be life from another planet, but will say it could possibly be spiritual entities? Some caught the ignorance in that, but a good chunk of you didn't and that's very surprising.

Then you say this:

There's no logic in that at all. What is also getting old is when a person says UFO, everyone just automatically assumes they are talking about aliens. I've had two sightings and will never call it alien because I have no idea what was controlling the things. Could be alien, spiritual entity, human being or unmanned. All I know is what I saw moved in ways that aren't possible with craft we know of, but I'll never say it was alien because I never saw the pilot/possible computer controlling them.

So you imply it's an ignorant theory, then concede it's a possibility. Which is it?

There is a multitude of very good reasons why many people are cautious about labeling the UFO phenomenon a physical nuts and bolts issue (aliens from outer space). The abduction phenomenon strongly resembles spiritual/psychological phenomenon in many ways, and UFO's themselves don't often behave in ways we would expect a nuts and bolts craft to behave. Couple that with the amount of deceit and new age hocus pokus in contactee circles (including channeling, possession, and other paranormal type stuff) and people have every right to be skeptical and/or cautious.

Spiritual and interdimensional could be interchangeable terms in some cases, and some of the most well known UFOlogists in history have come to the same conclusion: That the UFO phenomenon is not all it's cracked up to be, and there are strong indications of a psychological/spiritual element involved.

I'd recommend this thread here on ATS for further reading, or any of Jacques Vallee's books (actually I'd recommend them all. Dr.Vallee has done fantastic work and is an invaluable contributor to the field).

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I bother because it's fun

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."
-Einstein.

i think life is boring without a mystery.
edit on 22-3-2014 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Basically, you are saying that you do not believe in flying objects that are unidentified. Think about that for a minute or 2...
Forget aliens, inter-dimensional beings, spirits, time travelers.... etc. These are labels to put on the term "Identified".

As others have posted here, there are hundreds of thousands of "Unidentified" incidents on this planet. As such, you would have to be locked in a closet most of your life, if you do not agree that there are indeed "Unidentified" flying objects witnessed by millions of people.

Some of the best debuggers in this world have put a real dent in most of these encounters, and rightfully so. If you can pin a reality scenario on any of them, then what falls out of the other end are the true "unidentified" incidents where there are just no answers based upon what we understand as reality. Yet, there are thousands of these.

To me, the most important incidents are those that involve children. Children are actually the best observers we have, because they are basically innocent of bias, and have much less experience and exposure to the world to influence their minds and produce wild conjecture, like adults exhibit. Take incidents where hundreds of children have seen the same thing, and when interviewed, independently corroborate their experiences so there is real correlation as to what they all experienced. This is important.

Based upon this alone, there are 2 major encounters that just scream out for an answer as to just what these children witnessed. These are the Ruwa Elementary School Encounter and the Westall Encounter. There are many threads here on ATS to be found on these incidents, and I would consider them mandatory reading in this subject. We do not have any answers, but these children witnessed something extraordinary.

Unidentified, absolutely, but if we seek answers, I think these are where we really need to put our scrutiny.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join