It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are there many Asperger people on this forum?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Danbones
just diagnosed
took me three whole weeks to find the "cure"
capsaicin ( quarter teaspoon of chiili powder straight out of the spice bag will do fine )
under the tongue three /four times a day
doesn't even burn...( hots up when cooked..but not out of the bag)

Rages stopped instantly and have not returned and it does not effect positive traits

and some how i would like to get the word out to all aspies
i feel like a whole new person
What? I have had a lot of depression and I have been irritated and kind of angry under the surface a lot. But rages? That's not something I have had a lot of. I tend to be very "passive" or how I should put it, introvert I guess. More a passive form of aggression than actual rage. But maybe that's just me.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Asperger's syndrome, also called Asperger's disorder, is a type of pervasive developmental disorder (PDD). PDDs are a group of conditions that involve delays in the development of many basic skills, most notably the ability to socialize with others, to communicate, and to use imagination.
www.webmd.com...

I have been asked If I was a "Aspi" a few times here on ATS. Nope, don't believe I am, I have way too much "Imagination" LOL LOL LOL

Though I do have two of the symptoms

Limited range of interests: A child with Asperger's syndrome may develop an intense, almost obsessive, interest in a few areas, such as sports schedules, weather, or maps.

and

Skilled or talented: Many children with Asperger's syndrome are exceptionally talented or skilled in a particular area, such as music or math.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by introspectionist

my situation was just sometimes "angry" ( ask any mod..they'll tell you..LOL) till it was aggravated by other medications
then it was over the top for a while...
now the depression seems vastly reduced now too....no change in dyslexic component...but ehy...

capsaicin effects blood flow and triggers the release of neurotransmitters
that's why it is used topically for pain relief...
it is considered a master herb because you take it in advance of other herbs or nutrients to set the digestive system /immune system up to receive them

try or not try ...nothing to lose for one or two days...
disclaimer:
this advice not intended to diagnose treat or other wise cost the medical community any lost profits you might have made off the stuff your peddling that only seems to make things worse anyway...
no one ever shot up a school on chilli peppers...

note:
aspies are different from autism in that language development is normal in aspies, and IQ can be in the very high ranges in aspies...
edit on Satam3b20143America/Chicago45 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

All Seeing Eye

Asperger's syndrome, also called Asperger's disorder, is a type of pervasive developmental disorder (PDD). PDDs are a group of conditions that involve delays in the development of many basic skills, most notably the ability to socialize with others, to communicate, and to use imagination.
www.webmd.com...

I have been asked If I was a "Aspi" a few times here on ATS. Nope, don't believe I am, I have way too much "Imagination" LOL LOL LOL

Though I do have two of the symptoms

Limited range of interests: A child with Asperger's syndrome may develop an intense, almost obsessive, interest in a few areas, such as sports schedules, weather, or maps.

and

Skilled or talented: Many children with Asperger's syndrome are exceptionally talented or skilled in a particular area, such as music or math.
If someone asks if you have Asperger you should probably take that as a compliment. As I said I don't think it is a disorder. Of course it is a disorder from the neurotypical perspective, but that is not an all-encompassing perspective.

Asperger people sometimes have narrow interests yes. But that's probably because we like deep stuff. You can't get deep in anything without focusing on it. Constantly zapping around on the surface without ever diving deep is the effect of never pausing and looking into something with more focus.

I also feel that the reaction of neurotypicals towards people with Asperger is ripe with fear a lot of times. The rejection stems from fear. A lot of times I believe neurotypicals have an inferiority complex and are afraid of looking themselves in the mirror. When they see a person with Asperger they are reminded of themselves and thus see themselves, really. What they react towards is themselves. Thinking about this can make it easier for someone with Asperger (or any human) to have compassion. Bashar talks about this in a video called "about other people". I also think that people with Asperger as a result of their depth of vision and different perspective have a tendency to be interested in "touchy" subjects. This contributes to the rejection and alienation since people fear those subjects. I do believe the rejection and the alienation is not necessarily a curse, just as the whole syndrome. I certainly feel that alienation, rejection and depression are actually spiritual gifts that have helped me a lot in life. I think depression is something valuable and misunderstood. Just like any fear reaction anyone ever has really should be seen as a light that works to highlight parts of your own soul that you need to work with. This is part of spiritual work. Before one finds the desire and motivation to do any spiritual seeking or spiritual work though one has to pass through ordeals. Thus ordeals are something we should be grateful for.
edit on 03331Sat, 22 Mar 2014 09:03:29 -0500201429pAmerica/Chicago2014-03-22T09:03:29-05:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
here is a live spontanious composition written /played on the fly
one keyboard player (GO mikey) and myself on guitar
soundcloud.com...

but during repetitive motion i can access this type of stream continiously

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Thank you for your input
But to be honest, I never took it as a insult. Some people are very interested in the how's and why's I can comprehend "certain" touchy subjects, virtually unaided, when they themselves could not make the connections by themselves, unaided.

For years I believed I was fighting a war, alone, against unseen forces who were slowly taking over the world. I started drawing certain conclusions that were not written in concrete, but only, in certain directions as to the who's and what's of what this force was. I started narrowing my "Telescopic" vision to where the real problems lay.

When studying any subject one must start on the outside of the subject, first. In this way you can not be swayed by any mindsets that are already established. And why do it this way? Because the subject, no matter what it is, can already have certain negative bias's incorporated into the subject, and no one inside the "discipline" would ever see, or suspect them.. If I were studying to be a scientist in the middle ages I would be taught the world is flat. We all know how that turned out.

I do have to contend with the " rejection and alienation" not only on this forum but in my personal life as well. But on the brighter side, I'm just not depressed about it. As you said, it might be a fear of those who, in my opinion, have something to hide. After all, some people do go to great lengths to conceal their true identities, and where they are from, and what they might be trying to achieve.

I foolishly thought those who were fighting this war with me would enlist my abilities. Admittedly, simply dilutions of grandeur on my part. But regardless, the war continues, with or without my input, without my abilities. I simply get the feeling, Im not needed, or appreciated. But again, Im not disappointed or depressed personally. We all do what we can, when we can. But that is pretty much life anyways

So to those who are of the light, you may pass through my field of vision. To those who try to hide for dark reasons, I hope you enjoy the lime light

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

I have been asked If I was a "Aspi" a few times here on ATS. Nope, don't believe I am, I have way too much "Imagination"
Aspies are often among the most creative and intelligent people out there.

Imagination does not mean you arent.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

For how long do you have to take that remedy? I believe that I have Asperger's. I come from a time when that kind of thing wasn't diagnosed as a kid. When I was in the inner-city they diagnosed me as slow. But then when I moved to the suburbs, they diagnosed me as gifted. I think that Asperger's has elements of both. I realize that this sounds highly unscientific. I'd be interested in knowing your remedy!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

All Seeing Eye

When studying any subject one must start on the outside of the subject, first. In this way you can not be swayed by any mindsets that are already established. And why do it this way? Because the subject, no matter what it is, can already have certain negative bias's incorporated into the subject, and no one inside the "discipline" would ever see, or suspect them.. If I were studying to be a scientist in the middle ages I would be taught the world is flat. We all know how that turned out.

Interesting that you bring this up. Because I have been thinking lately about how I am interested in religion but mostly the esoteric/occult/mystical aspects of it. Sure, I'm interested in the exoteric aspects too, but not as much. I have been reading more about the esoteric than the exoteric. Lately I have been thinking that maybe I should try to read more about the exoteric aspects, or maybe reading about that first. But I don't think I could stand reading about that only (first) so I'd have to read about it alongside the other stuff. I don't know. If I read about initiations and it turns out you have to pray 5 times a day for at least 5 years to even be considered for the first steps of initiation then I guess I'll deal with that then. Maybe it's no big deal to just read whatever I feel like reading...

What do you think?

Where did you get that idea from about studying the outermost layers of something first? I get your point but in religion there's so much literal interpretations of metaphors and all kinds of stuff that seems just a waste of time.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Where did you get that idea from about studying the outermost layers of something first?
Self taught

Religion? The direction= control.

I started studying religion, one at a time. But before you can do that you must extricate yourself from any religion you might have been raised in. Not really a easy task but if you have doubts about its teachings, look for the cracks in its dogma. Exploit the cracks and ask, why! Eventually you might escape through those cracks.

Once accomplished research the religion you were raised in, with a open mind. Question the logic, the truth, and compare that with what you know to be truthful, not faith. Faith is the catchall of virtually all religions.

The one thing all religions have in common is, they divide humanity a thousand fold. A divided humanity, is a weak and controllable mass. Bow down and kiss the ring, wait for a savior, or grovel in your class. You must always be lead, and milked, till, the end.

Once you become religious you cease using your mind and rely on those appointed above you for instructions and guidance. Think for yourself. Should you give money to a religion and let your children starve?

All religions want obedience and intellectual dominance over you. Think, for yourself. It is not a question of esoteric's or exoteric's, religious law verses the law of the heart, It boils down to a tenant of mind control, win the heart and the mind will follow. Emotions are used to control the logic! Mind control.

People are so confused about the difference between intelligence and information, as they are of God (Divine Creator) and religion. The one is the same as the other, isn't it? In my humble opinion, not even close. In fact, specifically, worlds apart.

I will not prevent anyone from joining a religion, but before they do I would only ask they ask themselves a question. Do you prefer the company of the Divine, or mankind, or both. Any religion that asks me to think only the way they wish, is no religion for me.

I get your point but in religion there's so much literal interpretations of metaphors and all kinds of stuff that seems just a waste of time.
If it seems to be a waist of time, then it probably is.....

Go directly to the scriptures themselves for your own clarification. The historical Jesus used stories of his day to explain the information he wished to share. To use the same stories today would reflect little reality. But in saying that, the more you read, the more you will be able to compare in your own mind, so throw nothing out. Then in the same breath realize that there is a debate ongoing that there was another "Jesus", and his teachings were suppressed. Will the real Jesus, please stand up!

My conclusions about religions are as follows: The original Psysop! They will not lead you to spiritual awakening. They will not lead you to the Divine Creator. They are meant to control, and deceive, and keep you from true knowledge of the Divine.

As with any good Psysop or disinformation program, the scriptures and religions, contain truths. Search the scriptures for these pearls yourself, they are there, waiting to be found.

I find the most useful research is that which corrects the mistranslations of the scriptures. Now that, is some interesting stuff

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

FlyersFan
Don't get medical advice on the internet. You can't be diagnosed long distance.
If you think you have an issue, talk to your doctor.

Don't think the OP is trying to confirm a diagnosis, seems more as if they are trying to identify people of the site who might have shared lines of thinking or things in common with themselves.

Also I wouldn't refer to autism as an "issue". If I sprained my knee playing basketball, lingering soreness may be an "issue" and depending on severity I may choose to see a doctor for it. I had an issue with your thoughtless, pointless post, so I made this post to address the issue.

Anyways OP, half the people who post on the internet fall somewhere on the autism spectrum. (joke). Not sure if you're supposed to use the advantages that autism can grant to learn more about others with autism trying to learn more though, I would pore into some books on varying topics and after a while take a step back and some deep breaths and let it all come together. Get all the knowledge and information inside the noggin and let it mix up and splash around over itself until it settles into a harmonious soup of which you can leisurely slurp to your souls content. The soup should be the answer. You can't have soup without ingredients. Sometimes you have to wait to get what you need because they don't have it in stock, sometimes you have to travel and forage for a piece yourself. You might even have to actively get out and hunt the main part to the soup which will provide you with the optimal and ideal sustenance based on your strengths and weaknesses and the direction your heading out from, and how far you've set your sights to.

Read and read and read and read!! Not what people are saying on the internet but what is written in books. Remember to always use your discernment. Varying topics, all angles. Read the different sides to the same stories and compare. Imagine the roots to the discrepancies.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

www.aspergers.com...

This seems to be a very informative sight.

I have a dear friend whose son has the syndrome - the more we know the better.

Best wishes.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Hey hey...I'm a card carrying Aspie (diagnosed a year ago)

PM me if you want more in depth details of my experiences, but in the meantime:

Talk to your doctor, they will usually take a look at your symptoms and hand you off to a Psych counselor

Usually the counselor will give you a test to determine where you fall mentally, and if you check out for a PDD (pervasive developmental disorder, you will probably have to arrange a meeting with a doctor of neuropsychology

top topics

<< 1   >>

join