It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are there many Asperger people on this forum?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Are there many people with Asperger or Autism Spectrum Disorder on this forum?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by introspectionist

any particular reason why u are asking that?
edit on 22/3/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

freedomSlave

any particular reason why u are asking that?
edit on 22/3/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)
Yes. I think I have Asperger. And I have been speculating if this whole thing about being a truth seeker is very much an Aspie thing. It seems like I'm not the only Aspie who's interested in mind control, aliens, conspiracies, occult spirituality and things of this nature.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

You won't get diagnosed on the interwebz although many an ATSer will try! Only a doctor can do this.

Aspergers is a huge spectrum of behavioural traits and thought-patterns that can't be deconstructed into a simple definition. For example, the excellent Bruce Duensing is a writer/thinker on esoteric subjects and is diagnosed ASD. I've worked with several Aspergers people who had no interest whatsoever in esoteric subjects. They've all had great personalities, but 6-7 people doesn't tell me that ALL Aspergers people have great personalities.

When people try to *define* an Aspergers personality, are they doing anything differently than saying all red-heads have a temper? Or that Native Americans are more spiritual than other folk?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Maybe the Asperger people won't tell that they have Asperger and since there is no possibility of making anonymous polls on this forum we might never find out. Maybe a better option would be to ask on Asperger forums how many people are into truth seeking, conspiracies, spirituality etc.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

introspectionist

Yes there is ... I warned her many times..but "Dru" a blank. One on one these folks are fine. But, if they are very smart it all unwinds.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Kandinsky

You won't get diagnosed on the interwebz although many an ATSer will try! Only a doctor can do this.

Aspergers is a huge spectrum of behavioural traits and thought-patterns that can't be deconstructed into a simple definition. For example, the excellent Bruce Duensing is a writer/thinker on esoteric subjects and is diagnosed ASD. I've worked with several Aspergers people who had no interest whatsoever in esoteric subjects. They've all had great personalities, but 6-7 people doesn't tell me that ALL Aspergers people have great personalities.

When people try to *define* an Aspergers personality, are they doing anything differently than saying all red-heads have a temper? Or that Native Americans are more spiritual than other folk?

I went to a psychiatrist and he said after quite many sessions that he thought I have Asperger. Instead of having it examined properly I quit going. I have read some about Asperger people and I think I might have it. I used to be offended and hurt and feel inferior. But the more I read the more I start to feel it might be a blessing and not a curse.

I don't see anything wrong with speculating that Native Americans are more spiritual than other folk. I would find such a discussion very interesting. I have heard that Australian aborigines have a different makeup of chromosomes that affects their mind. They apparently are much more one with nature and "as above so below" is an inherent part of their perception, while it's totally foreign to most Westerners. This is probably the same thing as egoism vs altruism...

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

RUFFREADY

introspectionist

Yes there is ... I warned her many times..but "Dru" a blank. One on one these folks are fine. But, if they are very smart it all unwinds.

I don't understand what you mean.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I knew someone that was so mad at "topics" here on ats and she would tell me she was raking her tin cup on the bars ...she was so smart but yet ...her brain went before her..caused trouble..thus..she is gone..

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

RUFFREADY

I knew someone that was so mad at "topics" here on ats and she would tell me she was raking her tin cup on the bars ...she was so smart but yet ...her brain went before her..caused trouble..thus..she is gone..
English is not my first language so your talk is like talking in tounges to my ears...

I feel that Asperger is a disorder in the sense that it alienates you from this world. But if this world is hell then wouldn't it be a good thing not to feel at home in it? Maybe Asperger is a call towards something more valuable in the grand scheme of things? Some say that Asperger is the next step in the evolution. From a neurotypical perspective I see how it doesn't seem like it, or it might seem like it only in the way that extroversion would become less important than introversion etc. But from this dimension, the world of Asperger, the existence looks different. I have been reading about Kabbalah and I would not be totally surprised if Asperger actually is an evolutionary step forward from neurotypical. Regression in certain parts of the mind but only for a very specific reason which ultimately is to drive you forward, in the grand scheme of things it's a shift in the mind rather than a disorder. I have also been speculating about what the connection is between Jews and substance use and Asperger. Something I find very interesting but that apparently and sadly is too touchy to discuss on this forum. So hush...
edit on 15331Sat, 22 Mar 2014 04:15:16 -0500201416pAmerica/Chicago2014-03-22T04:15:16-05:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

I just gave a bit of what I think I know. You can take it or leave it... I have a lot of space to cover.... and I am usually right.
Woof!!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

It might work differently in the States. In the UK, a child would be referred to CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services) who would then go through the process of singling out certain characteristics and seeing if they indicate one condition or another. The same applies for adults by seeing their family/local Doctor and following a similar process that often takes several sessions.

The upshot of this generates a report that includes several sections. Conclusions and recommendations are the sub-sections I'd read first as they detail points and counter-points. Sometimes they are strongly indicative of ASD and other times they pretty much rule out ASD. They are reassuring for families and clients for offering the next steps to take too.

If you are, all I can say is don't ever let Aspergers define you!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

RUFFREADY

I just gave a bit of what I think I know. You can take it or leave it... I have a lot of space to cover.... and I am usually right.
Woof!!
Could you elaborate? And please don't talk in riddles since English is my second language.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Don't get medical advice on the internet. You can't be diagnosed long distance.
If you think you have an issue, talk to your doctor.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Kandinsky

It might work differently in the States. In the UK, a child would be referred to CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services) who would then go through the process of singling out certain characteristics and seeing if they indicate one condition or another. The same applies for adults by seeing their family/local Doctor and following a similar process that often takes several sessions.

The upshot of this generates a report that includes several sections. Conclusions and recommendations are the sub-sections I'd read first as they detail points and counter-points. Sometimes they are strongly indicative of ASD and other times they pretty much rule out ASD. They are reassuring for families and clients for offering the next steps to take too.

If you are, all I can say is don't ever let Aspergers define you!

I stopped going to the psychiatrist because I find psychiatry to be extremely narrow-minded. I find it very interesting though. But I'd rather look at it from the outside. Even though my encounter with humanity and psychiatry has been a rough ride, I do feel that this roughness is what has opened my eyes in ways most people don't have their eyes open. Of course from the neurotypical perspective I'm delusional. From my perspective however, I'm thinking outside the box and multidimensionally. I do believe Asperger is a curse on the surface, and a blessing in the depths. This is related to the whole concept of evil. I do believe evil is enlightenment and that most of humanity is living in denial and delusion about evil.
edit on 32331Sat, 22 Mar 2014 06:32:33 -0500201433pAmerica/Chicago2014-03-22T06:32:33-05:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

FlyersFan
Don't get medical advice on the internet. You can't be diagnosed long distance.
If you think you have an issue, talk to your doctor.
Thanks but I'd rather not talk to a "medical professional"... My issue is only an issue as long as there is a desire to be something I am not. I believe this is a deep spiritual phenomenon and to try to get rid of this "issue" is to not "meet your demons". If someone wants to not walk in the valley of the shadow, I understand that. Personally I think such people will eventually be kicked in the butt by God in the same way Asperger people are. We all have a journey that has to be made. There is no escaping it. In Kabbalah they talk about the path of pain vs the path of Torah. These people have known about these things for thousands of years. It's just that most of humanity in its present state is living in ignorance.
edit on 27331Sat, 22 Mar 2014 06:27:00 -0500201400pAmerica/Chicago2014-03-22T06:27:00-05:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Why do you think you land somewhere on the ASD?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

BlastedCaddy
Why do you think you land somewhere on the ASD?
Because I talked to a psychiatrist once a week for several months, not sure exactly how many times I went or how long the period was. He said he thought I have Asperger. I also talked to a psychologist who said she thought I had Asperger even though I wasn't talking to her to be diagnosed. I think she said that without me having mentioned Asperger. I have been looking into Asperger a little bit and reading a little bit on wrongplanet, a forum for people with Asperger. At first I thought I had some of the traits but I didn't necessarily believe I had Asperger. And I also thought and still think psychiatry is BS. However, after looking into Asperger more I feel that I might have it, that it might not be a bad thing, that it is something very very subtle even to the person having it and thus the difficulty in defining what is going on. And furthermore even if psychiatry is BS their categorizations of people is still interesting to look into and might be useful as a trail to follow to learn more about people and oneself. I do feel that I see things from a different perspective than most people, the neurotypicals, and this includes how I see psychiatry. I love philosophy and deep stuff. While I do think psychiatrists are intelligent people and I try to be humble in how I view myself in relation to them and how I view my capacity to understand the world, I am not convinced that psychiatrists necessarily always "see" more than all other people, such as Asperger people for example. They might be intelligent, but by no means are they a universal measuring stick to which all other minds should be in submission and fall in line to. I read somewhere on this forum that "disorder" only means "not as the norm" and that the norm thus is the measuring stick and the irregularity which is labelled disorder is nothing but just that; an irregularity, something not conforming to the rule, not conforming to the majority, something that is different. It's all a matter of perspective. And perpective is something I believe we Asperger people are good at reflecting upon and thinking deeply about. Conforming however, less good. It's too sides of the same coin. You can't have one and not the other. So I wouldn't want to not have Asperger.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Interesting observation. Have you ever heard of autistic savants? Given that aspergers is a form of high functioning autism, I guess we're gifted with just a touch of that mad genius. I certainly feel as though I operate on a different wavelength than most people I meet.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
just diagnosed
took me three whole weeks to find the "cure"
capsaicin ( quarter teaspoon of chiili powder straight out of the spice bag will do fine )
under the tongue three /four times a day
doesn't even burn...( hots up when cooked..but not out of the bag)

Rages stopped instantly and have not returned and it does not effect positive traits

and some how i would like to get the word out to all aspies
i feel like a whole new person

top topics

<<   2 >>

join