It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Sanctions Banks of Russian Oligarchs. This could escalate quickly.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

AnAbsoluteCreation
As previously said in this thread, Russia and China are about to join forces on a mega gas deal.

War is coming.

I smell a draft.

AAC.

Why would China attack their biggest consumer? If anything I would think China would be on America's side since a war with us would give us a reason not to pay our trillion dollar debt to them and they would not have anyone to sell they stuff to.

To side with us would mean they would get Russia's rich oil/gas fields that are reachable by them and keep their best customer...kind of a win win.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

kid_of_3NKi

smithjustinb

JHumm
Obama is gonna get us all killed over something we should have stayed out of .
We cannot keep telling the rest of the world what to do , we already have enough problems that our government can't or wont fix or attempt to fix, we are loosening our place at the top , we don't have the respect that we once had .
What is to become of the people that actually make this country and for what...because our leaders can't mind their business and can't be bothered with what people want or need at home . Things are getting way out of hand and when do we cross the point of no return if we haven't already .

Russia broke an international law. What is a law if not enforced?

Heard of the Budapest Memorandum?

Under the political agreement, the signatories offered Ukraine "security assurances" in exchange for its adhesion to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons. The memorandum bundled together a set of assurances that Ukraine already held from the Conference on Security and Co-operation in Europe (CSCE) Final Act, United Nations Charter and Non-Proliferation Treaty.[1] The Ukrainian government nevertheless found it politically valuable to have these assurances in a Ukraine-specific document

So what would happen if we did nothing? You think no one respects us now? Imagine if we didnt follow through with our promises made in the past. If no one did anything in this world to stop tyranny, do you think the world would be better?

Oh... maybe that agreement should never have been signed in the first place??

Ko3
edit on 22-3-2014 by kid_of_3NKi because: (no reason given)

Would you have rather had a small nation, like Ukraine, to have possession of the third largest amount of nuclear weapons in the world? Bill Clinton knew that we'd be a whole lot safer in this world with less people in possession of nuclear weapons. So he did what he had to. This isnt about America trying to take over the world. Its about the duty of our leaders to keep us safe from foreign threats. Anyone with a right mind would have done the same thing as Bill Clinton.

Wikipedia:

When the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991, the newly independent Ukraine had on its territory what was the third largest strategic nuclear weapons arsenal in the world. It was larger than those of Britain, France, and China combined. On June 1, 1996 Ukraine became a non-nuclear nation when it sent the last of its 1,900 strategic nuclear warheads to Russia for dismantling.[1] The first shipment of nuclear weapons from Ukraine to Russia (by train) was in March 1994.[2] In return for giving up its nuclear weapons, Ukraine, the United States of America, Russia, and the United Kingdom signed the 1994 Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances, pledging to respect Ukraine territorial integrity

Unless you want Ukraine to have nuclear weapons?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Zanti Misfit
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Escalate to what ? Obama is an Idiot , the Ruskie Billionaires will just Move their assests to a Place the U.S. can't interfere with them .

Move them? They're frozen. They can't move. Hence the reason to get pissed. I always say, you can mess with anything, but you cannot mess with a mans money. He'll go ape#.

AAC

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

onthedownlow

Zanti Misfit

Escalate to what ? Obama is an Idiot , the Ruskie Billionaires will just Move their assests to a Place the U.S. can't interfere with them .

I believe that US banks are only required to hold a reserve of 10%?, I'm not exactly sure. I don't know what the case is in Russia or if any part of the deposits are insured, but I would guess the bank does not have available funds to cash out all of its clients.

This doesn't matter. They still couldn't move their imaginary money out of a sanctioned bank.

AAC

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

On one hand...Putin has told Russian pals and politicians for years that they are forbidden from keeping assets abroad, so he is in a position to say, you are crap out of luck...serves you right for not doing what I tell you etc.

On the other hand, all the Pols and his wealthy/corrupt buddies do it anyways. The question is, how much putin cares and how powerful any of those guys are.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Xtrozero

AnAbsoluteCreation
As previously said in this thread, Russia and China are about to join forces on a mega gas deal.

War is coming.

I smell a draft.

AAC.

Why would China attack their biggest consumer? If anything I would think China would be on America's side since a war with us would give us a reason not to pay our trillion dollar debt to them and they would not have anyone to sell they stuff to.

To side with us would mean they would get Russia's rich oil/gas fields that are reachable by them and keep their best customer...kind of a win win.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

Present day you are right. But if China sees an avenue to supplant the US as the main superpower, why not?

They hold the success and failure of US economy in their debt portfolio.

AAC

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

sosobad
Sounds like Putin is scared of these sanctions, opened up an account at a sanctioned bank and put his wages in, must be pissin himself laughing

voiceofrussia.com...

Exactly, this is another fiat attempt to make obama look as if he is doing something.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I know how trendy it is to hate/loath Obama. But what could Obama have ever have done?

Nothing short of conflict, which no one wants.

AAC.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join