It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about navigating this forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I can't find a way to go up one level. For example, suppose I'm reading a thread titled "whatever"; its location is:

forums > aliens and ufos > whatever

When I'm done reading the "whatever" thread, how do I go directly back to "aliens and ufos"? In all other internet forums that I frequent (and there are many of them), the "folder structure" is at the top of every page, like so:

forums > aliens and ufos > whatever

This always shows you exactly where you are, and each upper level is linked, so you can go directly back to any of them. Here's an example from the KLOV forums:

That tells me that the thread I'm currently reading is called "Atari Burial Ground?", and all of the levels above it are linked, so to go up one level I can simply click "General Arcade and Videogame Discusssions".

If this forum has this function, I can't seem to find it. To get back to e.g., "aliens and ufos", I have to either make use of the "back" button on my browser (which isn't so great if you are on, say, page 29 of a thread), or click on the "forums" link at the top of the page, and then on the "aliens and ufos" link located on the "forums" page.
edit on 3/21/2014 by MaximRecoil because: Fixed link

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MaximRecoil

Clicking on the forum icon to the left of the thread title takes you to the forum index.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

daskakik
reply to post by MaximRecoil

Clicking on the forum icon to the left of the thread title takes you to the forum index.

There is nothing clickable for me to the left of the thread title. All I see to the left of the thread title is a big, solid-colored, unclickable circle, like so:

Edit: The problem is related to my browser. I tried a different browser and the forum icon you mentioned shows up, instead of just a blank circle, and works as you described. Thanks.
edit on 3/22/2014 by MaximRecoil because: Added information

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I'm new to ATS. I want to create an Avatar, but I can't see where to go for that. Is there something I'm missing? Also, when do I earn the ability to post a new topic or thread?

Thanks in advance for the insight.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

KanuTruth
I'm new to ATS. I want to create an Avatar, but I can't see where to go for that. Is there something I'm missing? Also, when do I earn the ability to post a new topic or thread?

Thanks in advance for the insight.

There are members here who are happy to help you with an avatar. Most of them have a link at the bottom of each of their posts.

You can post new threads once you've replied 20 times. Of course, you can post a new thread to introduce yourself in the Intro Forum.

Welcome aboard KT.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Many thanks, Snarl. It looks like an avatar is an URL link to a hosted graphic somewhere. Is that right? Since I don't see any button to upload a graphic, I'm guessing it is just a URL field?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

KanuTruth
reply to post by Snarl

Many thanks, Snarl. It looks like an avatar is an URL link to a hosted graphic somewhere. Is that right? Since I don't see any button to upload a graphic, I'm guessing it is just a URL field?

I guess your questions in this thread are not entirely off-topic, but you should have made an introductory thread and asked your questions there.

The button to upload images sits just to the right side of the logout button (scroll up). I can't say for sure (short memory these days), but once you've got an image uploaded, you can click the image and there's an option to use that as your avatar at the top.

Hope this helps. Now ... go and introduce yourself properly!! You'll be surprised at what happens.

-Cheers

new topics

top topics

join