It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very weird and discomforting dream among many weird and discomforting dreams that i had...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "hands on" pertaining to God. If it's what i think you mean, then no. Praying enough won't instantly grant you something you need. God does not respond as a clear, audible voice of speech that we can explicitly hear in our mind. He will not wave his hand and do things you ask of him cuz you really really need it. I don't think that way.

And yes, i used to be of that viewpoint too. I thought God was one of many aliens who found this earth rock and wanted all the Gold and stuff, but didn't want to go digging, so he just made us to go do it for him. The bible was something he made to keep us from messing around and rebelling or something.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bigman88

I don't subscribe to Sitchin's version either.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

Don't know who Sitchin is, but got it off Ancient Aliens on history channel, and it made sense to me at the time. Evolution wasn't making any damn sense the more i read of it, and who the founders of the concept were associated with, but i did not think God was the only one, he just said he was, while he warred and bickered with the other ones like Zeus, Huitzilopotchli, Shiva...

What are the specifics of your belief?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

bigman88
reply to post by Speotyto

Any ideas of what you think the insect crawling out of the peach i took a bite of?

Sorry, no idea. Actually, I have not a clue of what you mean with your question

Have a great night ahead though!

Cheers,

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I'm a Deist. It's the most basic belief there is. I believe there is a creator, but that he doesn't interfere. He just observes.

There's no religion involved. No church. I don't pray because while he may hear, he doesn't care.

For a fuller perspective, try reading The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine. He was a Deist.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Restricted
I don't think God is hands-on the way you think. As a Deist, I believe in a superior power that created us, but I don't believe it gives one wit one way or the other about what happens to us.

ETA, I don't think praying is beneficial except as a means to soothe the pray-er.
edit on 3/22/2014 by Restricted because: (no reason given)

Prayer is a lower form of intention->manifestation where god send spiritual energy when needed to create what is needed. Some people who use for instance meditation have a greater flow of this energy that can be used for helping people other people in different ways.

Jesus is a example of a manifestor of spiritual energy. Doing spiritual things like singing and praying/meditation do connect you to this energy from god and will make some people feel calm even in the most insane situations. For instance Reiki is an example of a tool that teaches you how to handle this energy (called ki in the eastern philosophies) and calm people and help people by stimulating the placebo effect on a high level.

And when I say god I mean the ONE that is the source of all man made religion.
edit on 22-3-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

A week ago i had a dream of me biting into some fruit, which i think was a peach. Then right from where i bit, a small brown insect came crawling out from inside the fruit, onto my hand. I freak out and swing my hand away so i can get the insect of.

Think of dreams having multiple meanings. They point to some general revelation, and can be taken to deeper levels.

Level 1. The fruit is good to eat, but corrupted by the worm. The good things that God provides us have been corrupted by Satan, leaving an unsatisfying worm in our hand.

Level 3. The peach is a sensual fruit and may imply sexuality. Sex is a good thing that God wants us to enjoy (peach), But satan has corrupted sex and now leaves us unsatisfied. (worm in hand).

Level 4. You have to finish this level yourself I'm not going to dare assume any of your inner battles.
Remembers this may not apply to sexuality at all but be any pleasure designed by God.

Personal note: I'm a Christian and understand this contrast in our existence between this good and evil. If we are focus on the worm we loose track of the fruit. Next time you have this dream ditch the worm and search for the fruit. Satan wants your eyes on him, to focus on the disappointment. While God and his words in the bible can teach us how to toss the worm( guilt, shame) and keep the fruit (joy).

Read Romans 8:31-39

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

bigman88
reply to post by LittleByLittle

I'm sure the thoughts of physical justice against evil is good, but only up to a point. We are supposed to be joyful, and not be preoccupied with inflicting hurt on others who deserved to have it inflicted upon them.

From the very little i read about the third eye, it is dangerous stuff if you are not the person to truly recognize, accept, and want to change yourself. I would love to have it opened; i know me, and what i do and think about, and if it's bad or not. I know that i am fundamentally good, but there are some dark, ignorant parts of me that clashes with the rest of my mind. I'm guessing the third eye will probably manifest these dark, ignorant parts of me into a clearly audible, constant, irritating, asshole voice in my head, and then i will have to figure out how to contend with that.

And isn't there a difference between the pineal gland and the third eye, or is it the same things?

I would say the pineal gland is connected both to crown chakra and third eye. I have a feeling both crown and third eye can carry information. The difference is the nerve cells that can feel things when they are activated where third eye is middle of the forehead down to nose and crown is light pressure from all sides on the top of your head.

You are right that you might meet things in you that you might not like and accept that you were what you were to change into what you want. Or it might be that there is an external asshole screwing with you. If it is external or internal do not really matter. You will have to face it and fix it to get some kind of peace.

Find a way that works for you. Reiki, meditation, prayer, singing spiritual music, listening to binaural beats on youtube are a few things you can test.
edit on 23-3-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Observationalist

Man i think you just helped me out here. Level 3 is definitely the most central to my problem in life right now, and you just nailed it for me.

This dream i had fits perfectly with this interpretation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join