It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea Anemones are half plant, half animal-study finds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I've always wondered if it were possible for a creature to be a combination Plant/ Animal of sorts. Well, now we have that very thing. Say hello to our old friend the Sea Anemone who is half animal according to its genetic code.

Check out the link:

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

First thing that came to mind was Sigmund the Sea Monster! This is pretty cool, though. If something is half plant and half animal, then it seems to me it makes it more difficult to define what constitutes a plant and an animal. Could the differences be fewer than we thought? If I think on it too long I might have to go back to being a vegetarian... But wait, no, that won't work either...

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Cool but I dunno..

Intellectually I know my wife is a human animal but in the bedroom she is a total vegetable.

LOL.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Let's just hope she doesn't read your ATS posts...

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

JohnPhoenix
Cool but I dunno..

Intellectually I know my wife is a human animal but in the bedroom she is a total vegetable.

LOL.

Thank you for that. It's just past 0400 and I laughed so hard I started crying and the wife comes out, angrily asking 'What's so funny?' and 'Why are you still up?'

Totally made my day.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Well according to some reading I've done quite a few years back this is exactly how 'Animal life' was to have evolved in the first place. Supposedly something similar may have also happened on land with regards to insects, although that never made sense to me since we have exoskeleton life both on land and sea.

I could imagine cephalopods evolving from some sort of squishy type of aquatic plant.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

well I heard somewhere that 4% of humans genes match those found in bananas, so this I guess isn't to weird.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by grey9438

Hmm, i wonder what part of the male body that 4% banana resides in

I watched a documentary many years ago where someone produced a photograph of something that was part plant and part animal. It was said that somebody (billy meir ?) was taken to an alternate dimension that virtually mirrored our own evolution. The time he was taken to was that of the dinosaurs. A number of photos shown including a couple of dinos and this particular half/half creature.
Maybe there was some truth to it after all ?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sayzaar

Hmm, i wonder what part of the male body that 4% banana resides in

now, now

But its hard to tell were are still learning so much about genetics and evolution, that its only a matter of time before we find something really weird

top topics

join