It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Cat or Matrixing?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

the exact same thing makes you come on here wasting ppls time to add zero worth to the material at hand cept to say, "your thread sucks" not a very nice way to handle ppl imho.

OP: looks like a similar effect I've seen from my pics investigating houses. Its just a reflection off of the hardwood but its worth studying because It'll help ya to identify other natural abnormalities in the future.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
Only on ATS would "Ghost cat" or "Matrixing" come before "reflection" or "something on the step" as a possible explanation for this incredibly dull picture.

Really why do people post this rubbish?

edit on 21-3-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

Dude your on Above Top Secret. Try to have a bit of a open mind within the Paranormal Sections of the website.

Also there is nothing on the step that would cause a reflection like that(not counting dust). Trust me i checked. And for reflection my cat was not even in the room when the photo was taken which is why i think it is a unusual picture.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Stevemagegod

Hi Steve, welcome to ATS.

Sorry to say this does look like a reflection to me. Note the flash illumination on the stringer behind the "cat". With that said I was wondering if your "real" cat behaves differently at times or stares at one spot intensely. Or acts spooked for no reason (not that cats need a reason to act spooked).

Good luck with your first thread.

P.S. Des if you're following this I did end up bashing a PC together so I just have to find or download some software and whip up an Avatar Thanks for your help and the motivation. Guess I could uf u2u'd this D'oh.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I kept calling out to him to get him down from the computer desk because i didn't want him to knock any of my # down.

Well, he got off the table when you told him too… can't be all bad. You may want to wait camera at the ready until you "see" something in your side view and then pull up and snap a photo in that direction. Might be a waste of time, who knows?

Cat "sightings" mean something, others can bring that.

Supposedly theres a black cat in the basement of the Capitol building that is a harbinger of trouble. Your cat is not black and isn't ten feet long, though. Read the first part of this link:

Demon Cat

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Kukri

Sorry to say this does look like a reflection to me. Note the flash illumination on the stringer behind the "cat". With that said I was wondering if your "real" cat behaves differently at times or stares at one spot intensely. Or acts spooked for no reason (not that cats need a reason to act spooked).

Recently my cat has had unexplained weight loss.(He was kinda fat but is now at perfect weight apparently) We took him to the vet and spent like $200 on him trying to figure out is wrong with him and the doctors couldn't find anything wrong. The doctor said he would have bet his paycheck that he had "diabetes or Cancer".

I also have noticed that the Cat stairs downstairs at my basement a lot of the time. And his tail gets a little fat and then bolts out of there for no reason.

Paranormal Hot Spot Locator

Also this is my first topic lol. ^^^^

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

You should have told the whole story in your opening post; it might have saved such an aggressive response from people who don't know anything about social etiquette, or how to express themselves in a polite way.

Nearly every single time one of my pets passes, I catch glimpses of them out of the corner of my eye for some months following, and a few times have seen them directly in front of my vision. When I blink, the image is gone, leaving me to wonder.....maybe somehow my mind projects a hallucinatory vision? or......gosh; maybe we don't just cease to exist!

I have no idea why this happens, but when my cat passed on I would often see him in they hallway...his 'safe' place. My grand daughter, who was two, also 'found' the kitty in the hallway, and wanted me to get him for her so she could play with him.

If events like this make me crazy, then all I can say is I'm thankful to have found SOME good company on ATS to share odd events with.

I've read some really whack-o, ridiculous,crazy posts on ATS, but that does not give me the right to be rude and hateful. I don't think you're crazy, but your story has more substance than your photo-for me.
Ms.Nugget
edit on 500000066America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Destinyone

Being new is not a excuse, if anything it makes things worse, Second thread " a picture of my stairs and what might be a ghost/matrix cat"....

My Second thread, after my introduction, "Roswell, A Alternative Conspiracy".

I do not care if the member is new or not, this thread is total tripe.

I just cannot understand why anyone would even think this would even be worth posting.

Its quite obviously a reflection of some kind.

why try turn that into "OMG GHOST CAT FROM DA MATRIX!!!!"

What do you think is worthy of the paranormal forum? the person said they had previously seen a cat spirit so seeing this would lead such a person to think it was again manifesting.

OMG was you there?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Stevemagegod

Kukri

Recently my cat has had unexplained weight loss.(He was kinda fat but is now at perfect weight apparently) We took him to the vet and spent like $200 on him trying to figure out is wrong with him and the doctors couldn't find anything wrong. The doctor said he would have bet his paycheck that he had "diabetes or Cancer".

I also have noticed that the Cat stairs downstairs at my basement a lot of the time. And his tail gets a little fat and then bolts out of there for no reason.

Paranormal Hot Spot Locator

Also this is my first topic lol. ^^^^

My mistake and thanks for the link, I missed that thread somehow. Thanks also for the quick reply and happy hunting. Keep that camera ready.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I like the content new members bring to the table

And also you don't have to be new here to have had a paranormal experience. I also had a cat experience and I assume some people are not jaded enough on here to still find it interesting.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think it's well within the format of ATS, even if not up to *your* standards. It has just as much right to be posted here, as your award winning, *guess I missed the ceremony*, Roswell thread.

There is no need to be condescending.

Lets face is though, this is the way ATS seems to be going anyway, not so much about the "hidden truth" but "OMG LOOK AT ME!!!".

This thread is just that its "WOOOO LOOK AT MY GHOST CAT!!!!", rather than something new of substance that is worth debate or is in someway informative or even just provides a alternative perspective of a existing topic.

The only thing this thread deserves in my view is to be ridiculed then sent to the trash bin and the member would be given a warning for posting such nonsense if it were up to me.

Really dont understand why you would defend this kind of thread.

I am really confused can't you see that it was you that was being condescending "showing or implying a usually patronizing descent from dignity or superiority" to the OP.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

Being new is not a excuse, if anything it makes things worse, Second thread " a picture of my stairs and what might be a ghost/matrix cat"....

My Second thread, after my introduction, "Roswell, A Alternative Conspiracy".

I do not care if the member is new or not, this thread is total tripe.

I just cannot understand why anyone would even think this would even be worth posting.

Its quite obviously a reflection of some kind.

why try turn that into "OMG GHOST CAT FROM DA MATRIX!!!!"

Just out of curiosity... why did you click on this thread? What did you expect to see? See now, when I clicked on it, I expected to see something like this and I got what I wanted: a post that was fun to read.

Did you expect some hard proof of a kitty materializing in front of the camera? Did you expect some ectoplasmic poop in the kitty litter box?

You are the one who should know better. Not him. He did exactly what he was supposed to do.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Only on ATS would "Ghost cat" or "Matrixing" come before "reflection" or "something on the step" as a possible explanation for this incredibly dull picture. Really why do people post this rubbish?

Just wanted to let you know that every word you typed came with the mental image of your little bug-eyed avatar speaking them out loud in a Russian accent, and I want to thank you for that because it really made my day.
It almost...but not quite...made up for the stunning display of rudeness with which you decided to grace the OP. You do realize this is posted in Paranormal Studies, correct? So it would seem fitting that people would post their "ghost cat" whatnot in here, does it not?

To the OP: I see perfectly what you see and I saw it right away, so either we're equally crazy or that is some pretty persuasive, compelling pareibolia we've got going on here.
Looks like a cat crouched down on the step, peering between the railing posts. I just lost one of my cats on January 7th, and I see him quite often...always from the corner of my eye, and I know it's him. It comforts me. Anyway, I have no way to zoom the picture but it looks like a tabby cat with a white face and "inverted widow's peak" markings on the forehead, ears are either down or are light-colored enough to blend in with the background. Looks to be crouched and peeking over the railing. You never know, do you?

And since you ruled out reflections, etc., is it possible to have such a thing as a double exposure on digital cameras? Assuming that it was a digital photo?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Even more compelling. Some think pets are more sensitive to these things. The basement, huh? For grins and giggles, put a motion sensor down there.

Carry your cat down there and set him down, see the reaction.

Dun dun dun dunnnn… sleep down there (with a friend, maybe).

Thanks for sharing your experience. You got to see the "matrix-ie" ATS crowd too, all in one go.

regards,

intrptr

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Just typical really I turn into the bad guy of the thread for really just pointing out that its probably just a reflection rather than i dont know, a Ghost cat or something to do with the Matrix.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

For the record, I don't actually think it's a ghost cat. But there are nicer ways to go about pointing it out. BTW Cuervo: LOL@Ectoplasmic kitty poop and ghostly litter boxes. Epic post.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Only on ATS would "Ghost cat" or "Matrixing" come before "reflection" or "something on the step" as a possible explanation for this incredibly dull picture. Really why do people post this rubbish?

Just typical really I turn into the bad guy of the thread for really just pointing out that its probably just a reflection rather than i dont know, a Ghost cat or something to do with the Matrix.

No, you become the bad guy when you lamblast someone for posting perfectly appropriate content in the forum to which he subscribed, and take something out of context and run with it. He was not referring to the movie "The Matrix". He was referring to photo matrixing as being an explanation for the image. And has already made it clear that he tried to debunk it as possibly a reflection, and was unable to do so. Slow down once in a while and actually read the post before attacking the author, and maybe you'd learn a few things as well as not come off as the bad guy picking on the newbs.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

just FYI. heres a post from ATS about photo matrixing. it has nothing to do with the matrix lol

ATS Post

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by roaland

hehehe... I bet he feels really silly now. It's ok otherside. We all have off days

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

just FYI. heres a post from ATS about photo matrixing. it has nothing to do with the matrix lol
reply to post by roaland

Thank you! That was really starting to make my OCD side twitch....felt like I was developing Tourette's over here...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tigertatzen

haha glad i made your a day a little better

OP: i still say its a reflection. You'd be surprised what kinds of objects can give off a reflection when taking a pic. As to your experience with you seeing your cat, just because you didn't get it in a pic doesn't make your experience any less real.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join