It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War with Russia??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ZincMag

Hey, cut MrSpad some sack! Dismantle him? I don't tink he's worried. and he has a valid point. Russia is VERY vunerable economically. As is the U.S., as is China, as in "Fill in the name of the country here". Economic warfare is an ABSOLUTE viable military tactic (It worked on the WARSAW PACT once, also Japan). He made a good call. Part of the problem may be that people just don't get that the world is STILL reeling from the ripples that are a consequence of the event that changed the world for EVERYBODY that's alive today. WWII. It ain't over yet. Goundhog day.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

Your kidding right? With us being the biggest economy in the world we won't have allies? Give me a break. With that being said, why should we get involved? I'm sick of us being the world police baht the he'll are we still giving countries $ when we should be worried about us first? Everything is going down in the u.s. and we still give countries money? # that. We need to worry about us and get our # straight first. # everyone else.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

GroidNificent
reply to post by HanzHenry

Your kidding right? With us being the biggest economy in the world we won't have allies? Give me a break.

biggest economy isn't the US anymore.

And name some of these 'allies'. I stated we wouldnt have any allies of substance. Especially when compared to the BRICS, NK, Iran, etc.

Look at the size of the military in those mentioned above. And then consider how many other nations are waiting to jump in for payback against the USA.

Britain? drop in the bucket troop wise
Germany? lol
Scandinavia? all twelve soldiers combined, haha
Philippines? lmfao
Japan? good one

Oh wait, Canada and Australia? China or NK alone each have more troops than these 2 --> combined.

All it will take to sink America is a few hundred Russian Special Forces soldiers to simultaneously hit our main power stations and turn out the lights nationwide. Or a couple EMP's.

The US population relies on electricity and the constant deliveries to the grocery store. How about no delivery trucks for a week?

In Russia and China, the food delivery system is more independent and a MUCH larger percentage of their people are much more self reliant for food.

That is the achilles of the US. food and power. both extremely vulnerable.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
Im affraid the gay loving ,minority pleasing west is on the wrong side of history on this one and the russians/normal people know this. Why fight whats right. Theres some sort of crimea.
And someone needs to stand up.

Someone needs to stand up to homophobic clowns like you.
Why would you put that in a sentence? "gay loving" and "russian/normal people"?
Obviously your head is so far up your ass your backwardness is out front.
Gay people are perfectly normal, someone who is'nt is someone like you

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

.... The American people don't care enough and ukrain doesn't have oil.
Well, basically every natural gas pipeline heading west travels through the ukraine, so GB certainly does care.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Even if we had a leader in the White House, congress would never allow us to get into a war which is little more than a revamp of mutually assured destruction (MAD).

Ridiculous. As Commander in Chief President Obama can blow Russia right off the map if it pleases him to do so. There is nothing that Congress, the media or the public can do to stop him. His orders will be carried out without the slightest discussion. It amazes me sometimes how little people here know about the chain of command in America.

President Obama also has a quite a reputation in Europe/Asia as a shoot first ask questions later. Over 150 drone kills and that is the ones that are known. He has gained the respect of the rank and file solders by allowing the chain of command to carry out his orders and has not in anyway tried to micromanage. The first in a long line of Commander in Chiefs that has not tried to make it 'his' military.

Besides, Russia is doing a fine job of imploding without help from the west. The federation style of government, in which satellite nations are brought under one rule, is outdated and destined to disintegrate-just like it's communist forebear.

America's missile defensive shield, although unknown to most of the public, is massive and based on a land arsenal of unknown technology along with space based interceptors. The Russians know all to well that any kind of nuclear exchange they will rapidly lose with little damage reaching the United States.

I'm sure Vladimir Putin thinks about this every day. His hand is weak both in economically and military effectiveness.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

SecretKnowledge

symptomoftheuniverse
Im affraid the gay loving ,minority pleasing west is on the wrong side of history on this one and the russians/normal people know this. Why fight whats right. Theres some sort of crimea.
And someone needs to stand up.

Someone needs to stand up to homophobic clowns like you.
Why would you put that in a sentence? "gay loving" and "russian/normal people"?
Obviously your head is so far up your ass your backwardness is out front.
Gay people are perfectly normal, someone who is'nt is someone like you
whats your problem? Not russian i suppose.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

DLensman
I fear if we have a war, it will be a China/Russia against us and whoever is brave enough to toss their hat in the ring

Do you think this is why the USA have been going nuts of drones for the last few years? They know they dont have the anywhere near the numbers and dont want a nuclear war on that scale?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join