It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Changing Earth in Amazing Google Earth GIF’s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Here we have 7 timelapse GIF's showing Google Earth images over a 30 year period.
It is both fascinating and disturbing to see, the Earth in a constant battle, Humans versus Nature:

Scary stuff,huh?
When does it stop i ask myself. Expansion is not always a good thing.
This big blue rock we live on surely cant sustain this pace of development?
Between the Amazon Rainforest shrinking at an alarming rate and great lakes drying up, population growth at an all time high. Where's the stop button?
Something's gotta give...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Mike Ruppert In the documentary "Collapse" explains his idea of population growth as following a steep "bell curve" and where we are right now is the apex of that curve. He feels that as sharply as human population growth has occurred it will decline just as rapidly. Seeing the changes in the environment and our energy demands, it's hard not to agree with him. If you've not seen it, I highly recommend that film- his ideas are fascinating and terrifying.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The Amazon one makes me sick to my stomach. I can't even imagine what it looks like on the ground, probably a desolate wasteland right now. It'll take hundreds of years to grow back.
Also, the planet has 'fixed' itself before. It can do it again. We just either need to die off, or smarten up.
edit on 21-3-2014 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
We can still expand
We just need to start going down verses sideways. underground cities and homes are soon to be a necessity. Convert the surface area to parks and woods, build with stone, use solar power, etc...I do hope we go the smart route...but individuals are stuck in their ways and hard to change.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Pretty cool

It's really f*cking sad to know that we're led by power--hungry corporations busy making money for the elite people with no regard for common people and the future. It's all about making the richer more comfortable in their disgusting wealth now whilst screwing everyone else's future in the process. I bet there's been a ton of civilizations before us that have probably gone the same way as where we're headed.

Even f*cking sadder to know that green energy options may have made a difference for everyone, it's future generations that are really going to suffer.
edit on 21-3-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FatherStacks

That was an amazing documentary! Like I said to my brother... this ones a keeper

It's one I would suggest to everyone I know to watch.

new topics

top topics

join