It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petrodollar Alert: Putin Prepares To Announce "Holy Grail" Gas Deal With China

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
How long do you think it will take for American energy companies to use this Russian/Chinese alliance and raise gasoline prices to over $5 a gallon.

My bet is July 4th.....Happy independance day!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

If this happens the US will have no say in the price of oil.

Check out OPEC....they are not happy with US stance over Syria and threatening to go with gold, not the Petrodollar......Independnce Day you say?.....The day Russia and China put pen to paper will be the day many, many countries will get their freedom from corrupt politicians, banksters and corporations.....and it will not be nice....there will be cac (no I didn't mis-spell cake!
) flying everywhere.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by soulwaxer

soulwaxer
Do you really think that everything will be ok for you when all your neighbours "go down"?

No, obviously not, and please don't dismiss my pragmatism as arrogance. We will adapt, but we will definitely have to tighten our belts, just like everyone else.

Who's going to buy all your BMW's and Mercedes's?

I don't know... whoever can I guess. Maybe Brasilians, Russians, Indians, Chinese, South-Africans or Saudis? Exports will drop, there is no doubt about that, but cars are not all we export. Not by a long shot.
I also believe that once the €Z is gone, quite a few of our central-european neigbours will actually do better.

We should all be watching out for the whole world.

Okay, sounds good. How?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

ColCurious

soulwaxer
We should all be watching out for the whole world.

Okay, sounds good. How?

Uuuhm... good question!

Well, I think it would be a good start to be thinking as citizens of the world instead of nations. Not that I see that happening anytime soon. I think we'll go through a couple more world wars before that happens, if we even make it through the next one.

soulwaxer

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

angelchemuel
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Erm....

I mean, there really IS a reason that we are the largest economy in the world.

What are you basing that statement on please?
Because on this list based on GDP...You're not. There are 6 countries whose GDP exceed your 51,248.21. The top country being
Qatar @105,091.42
Luxembourg @79,593.91
Singapore @61,567.28
Norway @56,663.47
Brunei Darussalam @55,111.20
Hong Kong @53,432.23

Bigfatfurrytexan was talking about GDP, and he is right. You are talking about GDP per head, and your figures are correct. But GDP and GDP per head are two different things.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

And THAT is the question posed in this thread.
Thank you.
Rainbows
Jane

PS @ lacrimoniousfinale.....thank you

edit on 22-3-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

soulwaxer
Well, I think it would be a good start to be thinking as citizens of the world instead of nations.

Why not both? There is no reason we cannot live side by side as good neighbors, each in our own respective nations. We do it our way, you do it your way... self-determined and independent.
See, I actually like the idea of a free Europe, in all it's beauty and diversity.
The point where I have to disagree with the EU is when everyone HAS to be the same, when we are actually NOT the same... when our different cultures are measured by the same standards, forced to bent until we break and lose our true identity... ruled by centralists we didn't even get to vote for. The Greek don't want to be like us, and we don't want to be like them... and that's okay!
Look what the EU has done to us... the idea was to bring us closer together, and now the opposite is the case.

(I know this is way off topic...)
edit on 22-3-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

No it's not...it's spot on as far as I am concerned.....because we are going to have to have that mind set in the future...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Sounds like it's about time to ditch oil.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

that is why we do not really care about the debt owed.
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

Well you should care....if this deal progresses between China and Russia...they can end the US hegemony vis a vis the petrodollar. The ONLY thing that has saved you from a complete economic collapse...is the fact that the US has the world reserve currency....and you can quite literally PRINT MONEY to pay your debts. If you lose this...your country is DONE. Mexico will look wealthy in comparison. Debt is never something you shouldn't worry about....especially given that the US is the largest debtor nation on EARTH.

So I'd rethink the whole "debt doesn't matter" angle...your debt is going to be your undoing....mark my words.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Sorry could somebody please tell me who owns and is responsible for China's manufacturing industries for which the energy demand in china is based on

Yes that would be the wests industries which is the reason for China's rise and there economy being based on western debt

Anyone with half a brain can see the next move coming

And that is industries coming home or somewhere else attractive

Russia not having half the deal they hoped for

The west opening up its own reserves to which has already began

Fail after fail for Russia and co I'm afraid

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

deadcalm

Well you should care....if this deal progresses between China and Russia...they can end the US hegemony vis a vis the petrodollar. The ONLY thing that has saved you from a complete economic collapse...is the fact that the US has the world reserve currency....and you can quite literally PRINT MONEY to pay your debts. If you lose this...your country is DONE

So I'd rethink the whole "debt doesn't matter" angle...your debt is going to be your undoing....mark my words.

I'm afraid you don't quite understand the world economy

It's a world economy and it is complexly interwoven like a deck of cards

If the US default so does china

And believe me the Chinese have a really really big bubble looming over there heads unlike any other bubble in world history

When the US falls the world falls, and the elites rebuild, but not in the East

The game is rigged, and Russia and co are locked in a eternal headlock

edit on 22-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I have read the whole thread.

I can agree on some of the posts but,

I have to disagree on the "America will be screwed" rhetoric.

All our government has to do is fire up production to extract our own resources.

This means more jobs for Americans. This means more spending in America.

Just like WW11. We fired up production for the war effort.

Why couldn't we fire up production for the energy production?

Seriously, I think people jump on the "America is doomed" bandwagon too quickly.

We are not doomed, just need a change.

I personally want us to use more homegrown energy. It means more work for us at home.

Fear is intertwined into modern society. Fear that can be over came by putting our people to work.

China and Russia have reached an agreement, well good for them.

It's not the end people.

edit on 22-3-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

You think? The chinese have been buying land all over the shop...

That’s part of an evolving proposal Beijing has been developing quietly since 2009 to convert more than $1 trillion of U.S debt it owns into equity.

Under the plan, China would own U.S. businesses, U.S. infrastructure and U.S. high-value land, all with a U.S. government guarantee against loss.

Yu Qiao, a professor of economics in the School of Public Policy and Management at Tsighua University in Beijing, proposed in 2009 a plan for the U.S. government to guarantee foreign investments in the United States.

WND has reliable information that the Bank of China, China’s central bank, has continued to advance the plan to convert China’s holdings of U.S. debt into equity owned by China in the U.S.

pumasunleashed.wordpress.com...

and that's just one report I laid my hands on.....Looks like Chinatown has been extending into the burbs....

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 22-3-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

deadcalm

Well you should care....if this deal progresses between China and Russia...they can end the US hegemony vis a vis the petrodollar. The ONLY thing that has saved you from a complete economic collapse...is the fact that the US has the world reserve currency....and you can quite literally PRINT MONEY to pay your debts. If you lose this...your country is DONE. Mexico will look wealthy in comparison. Debt is never something you shouldn't worry about....especially given that the US is the largest debtor nation on EARTH.

Indoctrination.

People believe what they want, but it's not one country is better than the other financially, or owes more debt, this is about the fact the world cartel has control of everything worldwide, and creates situations.

The situations are completely made up behind closed doors, and people swallow all the propaganda.

Fiat currency and world banking has no boundaries.

The USA is just the worlds patsy currently, and the US dollar is their particular monopoly money since the Federal Reserve was implemented.

It's just like the naive individuals that believe their is actually a two party system, in the USA, and that they actually have different agendas.

sigh

edit on 22-3-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
TritonTaranis

I'm afraid you don't quite understand the world economy...If the US default so does china.

You state that a poster doesn't understand the world economy, and then say that if the US defaults then China does so, too. You are quite wrong! However, before I explain why you're wrong, I just want to address the smug arrogant tone you and other posters use while you believe the US is protected because of the way the world is globally connected in business. That perception is an error...the US is not protected in the slightest way.

If the US defaults on its debt, other countries do not automatically do so. What happens is that they take a hit to their economy, but they do not default. Their economies will not crash and burn in the way America's would as it defaulted, or if the dollar lost its reserve currency status, or even if other countries simply ignored the dollar as a currency in which to make payments. The global business linkings do not protect the American economy. If America defaults, America receives no payment from elsewhere, all assets, currency and goods, would be frozen by other countries and held until America honoured its debt payments.

The world economy would slow down and adjust, and would finally remove the perceived protection America enjoys at the expense of the rest of the world. This is what Russia and China are leading the way in through incremental steps in the world economy. Do you really think the world is going to allow American and other Western financial institutions to blackmail the world by threat of crashing economies ever again? Of course it won't, and they are now taking steps to insure it won't.

The emerging Eastern and South American markets will be protected from American and Western meddling. The dollar will lose its reserve currency status simply by being ignored. Countries will use other currencies to make their payments, and it is this that will cause the American economy to inflate and finally crash. It is very important to the world that the dollar loses its reserve currency status, and although other Western economies depend on the dollar as a reserve currency, they are not so stupid to hold onto something that is sinking and dragging them down. They will seek business in the East to protect themselves and shore up their own economies for when America sinks like Atlantis.

2008 woke the world up, and it won't let it happen again. Her's some more perspective...

The US dollar as world reserve currency is the source of American imperialism. The five countries that comprise the BRICS have half of the world’s population. They can conduct their economic affairs without the dollar.

www.paulcraigroberts.org...

edit on 22/3/14 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/3/14 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

angelchemuel
reply to post by olaru12

If this happens the US will have no say in the price of oil.

Check out OPEC....they are not happy with US stance over Syria and threatening to go with gold, not the Petrodollar......Independnce Day you say?.....The day Russia and China put pen to paper will be the day many, many countries will get their freedom from corrupt politicians, banksters and corporations.....and it will not be nice....there will be cac (no I didn't mis-spell cake!
) flying everywhere.

Rainbows
Jane

I will believe it when they actually DO IT. This to me is just more saber rattling.

and when (it will happen eventually) it won't be celebration - it will be chaos. The global economy is going to nosedive when this happens.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
All Russia needs to do is accept any currency for settlement in gas & oil deals and the petrodollar is finished along with the US Economy. They don't need to sign any deal with China or cutoff the EU. Simply taking an currency for their oil will kill the US Dollar. Right now every country has to take their currency - exchange it for US Dollars and then go buy oil - EU would love it - their gas would be cheaper.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Please check my previous posts....this has been worked out since a year past January. Mededev sealed the deal in Beijing on Tuesday, Putin puts his signature to the deal in May.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

Again, I have posted this video about 3-4 pages back this morning UK time......but thank you for posting it again, it will help people understand what is going on.

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join