It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petrodollar Alert: Putin Prepares To Announce "Holy Grail" Gas Deal With China

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
While the west has been flapping around imposing sanctions against Russia, and the medias eyes have been diverted looking for the missing Boeing......

While Europe is furiously scrambling to find alternative sources of energy should Gazprom pull the plug on natgas exports to Germany and Europe (the imminent surge in Ukraine gas prices by 40% is probably the best indication of what the outcome would be), Russia is preparing the announcement of the "Holy Grail" energy deal with none other than China, a move which would send geopolitical shockwaves around the world and bind the two nations in a commodity-backed axis

The hint this was on the cards when Putin made his speech about Crimea on Monday.

And now add bilateral trade denominated in either Rubles or Renminbi (or gold), add Iran, Iraq, India, and soon the Saudis (China's largest foreign source of crude, whose crown prince also happened to meet president Xi Jinping last week to expand trade further) and wave goodbye to the petrodollar.

India was also thanked in Putins speech.

Here is what will likely happen next, as explained by Reuters:

Igor Sechin gathered media in Tokyo the next day to warn Western governments that more sanctions over Moscow's seizure of the Black Sea peninsula from Ukraine would be counter-productive.

The underlying message from the head of Russia's biggest oil company, Rosneft, was clear: If Europe and the United States isolate Russia, Moscow will look East for new business, energy deals, military contracts and political alliances.

The Holy Grail for Moscow is a natural gas supply deal with China that is apparently now close after years of negotiations. If it can be signed when Putin visits China in May, he will be able to hold it up to show that global power has shifted eastwards and he does not need the West.

More information here....
www.zerohedge.com...

So far not a shot fired, a bomb dropped......Putin is playing the long game......I wonder what's coming next?

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 21-3-2014 by angelchemuel because: re-edited to EX

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

So Russia and China share...

-Their Secret Intelligence services

-Protection for anti-americanists Snowden/Wikileaks

-And now gas.

How long will the US stay in one piece when Russia and China officially become military allies?

The future will be a dark world.

edit on 21-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Not long if you read the whole article.....and not just the US either....

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 21-3-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I understand the governmental responses from Russia.
What I don't get though is that the people on the ground. they are pretty "western" overall and have no huge love towards china.

Will China accept Russia as they are is a good question also. Russian public has more venues and liberties than China has for their people, so will Russia have to start going back to old ways in order to solidify their cultural differences between the two, or will it be strictly a military and economic partnership, but with no cultural exchange.

Anyhow, if things can remain civil amongst the big boys, then a bit of competition never hurts.

I am actually curious how Europe will react considering all this is happening in their backyard.

Finally, if they unite, then cool..they can take the bulk of any UN lead actions. Let them be universally hated for awhile.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
edit on Fri, 21 Mar 2014 16:01:42 -0500014America/ChicagoFriday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Talk about the LONG GAME.....think of this......
Russia pulls the plug on the European gas.....maybe this is engineered by the banksters....so that the Syrian Pipeline becomes even more nessessary to Europe....also the Cyprus gas fields as well as Israeli undersea gas,will be in higher demand to feed Europe which has no gas.....

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Seems it is true .. sorry op.

Source

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Reuters is quoted in their report.
Who do you consider a 'reliable' source exactly in this day and age?....no offence...just asking....You could save a post and go looking to see if a source you accept is reporting anything similar, or debunking it, and come straight here and report your findings...that's what I normally do if I want to check out something...I go do the research for myself....no offence

Rainbows
Jane

PS THANK YOU!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
When there's a gas shortage ..lol ..caution .. explicit language ..

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Royal Deutch Shell have pulled out of a drilling contract in the Black Sea off Ukraine today too.....mhmm...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

angelchemuel
reply to post by rigel4

Reuters is quoted in their report.
Who do you consider a 'reliable' source exactly in this day and age?....no offence...just asking....You could save a post and go looking to see if a source you accept is reporting anything similar, or debunking it, and come straight here and report your findings...that's what I normally do if I want to check out something...I go do the research for myself....no offence

Rainbows
Jane

PS THANK YOU!

I am lazy sometimes..
/no sarcasm

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Here's an interesting "hypothetical" story from last October....

In the next 24 hours the media runs amok. There was not much of a New Year’s celebration in the Western Hemisphere. People were afraid. They were speculating what may happen. Some planned a run on the banks to withdraw their money, though not knowing what to do with it in a system that may collapse. They couldn’t even convert their cash dollars and euros into Bricsos, as the Bricso was to be only a virtual currency. Some planned to convert their bank accounts into BRICS currencies. They would be safe. Others continued to trust the dollar, the existing system, no matter how defunct it was. They figured Washington will again find a solution to save them.

When the banks opened, 48 hours after the announcement, the western stock markets literally collapsed. They had to be closed for an indefinite period of time to salvage what hadn’t been wiped out yet and to consolidate and control the damage.

What will Happen to the Global Economy if BRICS Announce Launch of New Currency – Bricso?

everything is tying in like a Gordian Knot.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The more I'm letting this process in my brain, the more concerned I am....hunting around for any other clues, as I don't think we have to wait for the official signing of the deal in May.....this is a side swipe to put the west on warning....which is unlike the Russians, unless they are being very clever and letting the cat out of the bag now knowing the interim damage it is going to cause and destabilise other countries faith in sticking with the petrodollar.....making the arrows for others to shoot to to speak.....very clever!

I'm rambling, thinking out loud...sorry...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The USA can counter them by allow the drill of their vast natural gas resources, I suspect they are holding on the reserve for a moment like this.

The only reason why America buys offshore oil and gas is to give the world an incentive to join the NWO according to George Soros.

I believe China is secretly allied with the USA because we gave them our manufacturing business in return for them to join the NWO alliance.

Russia is the only country left fighting the NWO.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

amfirst1
The USA can counter them by allow the drill of their vast natural gas resources, I suspect they are holding on the reserve for a moment like this.

The only reason why America buys offshore oil and gas is to give the world an incentive to join the NWO according to George Soros.

I believe China is secretly allied with the USA because we gave them our manufacturing business in return for them to join the NWO alliance.

Russia is the only country left fighting the NWO.

That is pure speculation....much like my thinking out loud in my previous post. However I disagree with your train of thought with regards to China being secretly allied to US......nope, can't see that one I'm afraid.....even if Michelle is over there next week for some reason or another....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Looks like the Keystone pipeline might have been a good idea after all, eh?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

swanne
How long will the US stay in one piece when Russia and China officially become military allies?

The future will be a dark world.

Why would it be dark?
What has really changed in the past 60 or so years?

Also, as far as future fuel deals stay tuned...
The Americas, Not the Middle East, Will Be the World Capital of Energy

For half a century, the global energy supply's center of gravity has been the Middle East. This fact has had self-evidently enormous implications for the world we live in -- and it's about to change.

By the 2020s, the capital of energy will likely have shifted back to the Western Hemisphere, where it was prior to the ascendancy of Middle Eastern megasuppliers such as Saudi Arabia and Kuwait in the 1960s. The reasons for this shift are partly technological and partly political. Geologists have long known that the Americas are home to plentiful hydrocarbons trapped in hard-to-reach offshore

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Why is Cuba blue in that map?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I don't think you understand the actual costs associated with that.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Yes...but only if the US gets its hands on Venezuelan oil.....which Cheves has already sold to the Chinese for the next 5 years

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join