It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden: Here's how we take back the Internet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Snowdon looks more and more like Courtney Brown every day- spoon feeding people with tittalating bits of info.

A whistle blower of his supposed magnitude would have to know that a bulls eye would be placed on their forehead, so their motives would have to be for the good of his fellow man, with no turning back.

The way he is releasing info makes me wonder about his true motives, and who he truly works for. His altruistic persona is beginning to fade, for me anyway.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

chiefsmom
To be honest, I'm tired of hearing about more revelations, the biggest revelations, all to come.

Just flipping release it!!!!
All of it!!!!

What are you waiting for?????

It is good it goes like this....we have memories like gold fish....if they released it all...theyd only talk about the top 2-3 things then wed all be onto something else....this is good....drilling it in the public every day...jsut liek the gov woudl do to us with "terrorism".

People on ATS are excluded from my analysis...we would take all the data and talk on it for years...but the masses dont think like us.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FatherStacks

Thanks second one is better for me dont have to download anything

edit on 21-3-2014 by combiya because: thumbs down instead of up

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

Agree 100%...
I am certain Mr. Daniel Ellsburg is direct contact giving him sound advice...but keeping very low profile.
Thank God for those two men.

edit on 21-3-2014 by Granite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Granite
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Did you Star that post?
If yes, then you joined the club or founded the club...

i rarely star/flag a post.
i deliver "atta boy's" personally.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Good for you!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Snowden is a true hero and American Patriot.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Ummm, so exactly how do we 'take down the Internet' as the title suggests?

From all of these released revelations, all we get is the knowledge that everyone and everything is being spied on and gazillions of bits of information is being gathered, but we still don't have the 'why' or the 'who' of it all. We know it is being done by NSA, but who or what is behind this organisation? It's definitely not the US government, who funds it blindly, but with no control or oversight.

The concept of 'terrorism' appears to be the mechanism by which other Western countries are drawn in, and who then submit their power - and ultimately betray their country, themselves, and their own citizens.

To what end?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

JHumm
Its like the news....something in your home could kill you,...tune in at 11 for the details.

He should just tell us ALL of what he knows before they finally disappear him

You guys are right....i guess it makes more since to do it like he is....i just wish he would give us some really juicy stuff
Not that what we got isnt good.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Maigret

Great question.

For all we know it's all being amassed for the ultimate Alien data base, on the dark side of the moon.

That answer is as good as any I've seen posed. No matter what the end game, we as individuals don't come out the winners.

Des

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Maigret

Further thoughts on my previous post...

If it's a New World Order, this Order has to be one that doesn't need this planet in it's original state. One that can live without natural human beings and reduces them to - what
, that can survive/thrive on or without GMO foods, that can withstand the nuclear pollution caused by Fukushima et al, needs frequencies above the normal ranges such as HAARP et al, is not affected by the damage to our atmosphere by contrails, etc. etc.

Most might come up with the answer of 'aliens attempting to take over our planet', but I think it may have more to do with that ET, Satan
, than many would believe; because the Bible speaks of famines, pestilences, earthquakes, and other such sorrows - on a scale that has never been seen before!

Which means God is in ultimate control... although it might not seem like it, but as was said, 'Don't fear those who can kill the body, but fear Him who can kill both the soul and the body'!

Obviously then, our future is not in this physical reality but in the spiritual realms.
edit on 21/3/2014 by Maigret because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Maigret

I understand what you are saying. But, honestly, I don't think God is collecting all our electronic data.

Being all knowing, I don't see why he would.

Des

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Granite

I don't watch videos. As a civilized person, I learned to read. Reading allows me to get the information I need out of something much, much faster without disturbing others around me and without tuning myself out of the world around me.

For whatever that is worth....when the OP is based on a video, i don't watch it.

Darn...I was going to skip the video but you just made me watch it.
And I'm glad I did. There are just some things - expressions, feelings, passion, fire, the heart -that you can't get accurately through texts....it is equivalent to "seeing and smelling the flower too". As a part of forward-thinking civilized society we need to learn to be more flexible and be more "media-liquid".
But really, nobody should force anyone to be less rigid. That would be an oxymoron. Do what you feel comfortable. I just like to say, prejudice even against a mere particular medium can be a powerful thing that shuts one's mind. Of course, there will always be "valid" excuses not to read, listen or watch...

"The medium is [only] the massage" (McLuhan).

While watching the video, I couldn't help but think that synchronicity (or God or whatever you may call it) couldn't have chosen more perfect spokesperson to reveal the ills of the government. Snowden looks like an ordinary boy-next-door, but he certainly possesses the gift in articulating issues and formulating answers to tough questions on the spot flawlessly....and without the help of a teleprompter - perhaps something that Obama should learn from.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
When did we become servants of the people we elected to represent us?

Most politicians get a free pass into government and/or have corporate sponsors, then talk about us and our fellow man like we are some dog sh*t we scrape off our shoe.

Media and politicians are corporate owned, that is not a lie but a fact.

It is like betting on a horse in a race where someone decides the winner, instead of it being raced fairly.

All of this is fact, yet where is the out cry?

Where is our change? Why are we so devided?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Destinyone
reply to post by Maigret

I understand what you are saying. But, honestly, I don't think God is collecting all our electronic data.

Being all knowing, I don't see why he would.

Des

You're right, Des, God doesn't need all our personal data - but Satan is not all-knowing, so he would. *L*

And the only reason that I can see for all this data collection, is to pinpoint those who are potential ringleaders against him. If you can eliminate these, then hopefully the others will run around like lost sheep. Much the same reason that soldiers in combat don't wear their rank insignia, when snipers are about.

And these ringleaders can come from all walks of life, any nationality, be of any age, etc. which could explain why the data collection is extended globally to every single man, woman and child.

All of the current government activities are aimed in one direction - without their being able to see the implications, which is the destruction of this planet and everyone on it, including themselves! WT...

It simply doesn't make any kind of sense!!!!

And then the politicians, who are apparently manipulated into orchestrating these activities with all the very best of good intentions, wonder why ordinary people are becoming perturbed about their actions and policies!
edit on 21/3/2014 by Maigret because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

chiefsmom
To be honest, I'm tired of hearing about more revelations, the biggest revelations, all to come.

All of it!!!!

LOL ... The Snowden "story" ends one of two ways:

1. He becomes a 1%er and is resented by everyone who called him a hero. He doesn't care what 'they' think anymore, because now he's rich.
2. He goes to jail for a very long time.

Right now he's not in jail ... so his gambit appears to have him out front.

Notice that the government is not out arresting everyone who refused to follow the law and sign up for Obamacare? It's even harder to put a corporation behind bars. Why do you think corporations so readily capitulated and turned all of your data over to the government when asked? It was because they "wanted to" ... they got paid for it. I'd bet the more information they had specific to a person in general the higher the payoff.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

chiefsmom

All of it!!!!

He's waiting for the moment when his revelation will do the most damage to the nation, as a whole, and not JUST the agency he says he's focused on.

So far, his revelations have done truckloads of damage in international relations as well as cooperation. I've heard nothing out of it (and I did stop and think a moment) which wasn't either suspected or known to be happening without outward confirmation before that. heck... Echelon was just assumed to be hoovering all electronic communication, world wide, and that goes back to the 90's for "open secrets". PRISM brought a new name....but the real hit was in the public confirmation, which made countries that always "knew" suddenly KNOW in public capital letters..and forced to respond.

Not helpful, unless destruction of our nation is the point (I'm starting to think that IS his point), and the NSA is just a happy end among the means being accomplished along the way. (I've lost respect for the boy, if that hadn't come across....lol)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If i had information capable of bringing America to its knees in a manner that we are talking about with Snowden, I think that might be an approach I would take. Think of it as the "0-100 principle". I will start by applying the least amount of force neccessary to get the reform I desire. I will slowly increase the force until such point that compliance is gained. Should compliance not be gained, nor the nation be destroyed, then it would seem that I would have misjudged the situation, and would have to find a way to deal with that.

If he wanted to destroy our nation, and he has the info to do it, the only way to show malicious intent would be if he pulled out that "nuclear option" right up front. THAT would be the act of the madman hellbent on sowing destruction.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Let's get one thing straight here...

Snowden is not the one releasing the material...journalists at the Guardian, the Washington Post and the Intercept are the ones who decide what gets released and when. Snowden entrusted the journalists to release any material that they saw was in the public interest.

Obviously those critical of Snowden have not done their homework.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm just wondering how Ed Snowden feels about Vlad the I'm Paler now? Yeah, sure. We don't know what was on those lap tops Ed "Mr Courage" Snowden gave to the russians, but all of a sudden, the russians want another cold war, so what does Vlad the I'm Paler know that the rest of us don't? The the U.S. is TOTALLY unprepared to fight a war, with people that actually have uniforms and air support? Don't need NSA to tell me that! Don't get me wrong, not saying the NATO Personnel aren't brave, (walking down a road in a mountain valley in the pitch black in A-stan? that takes a guts!
) but they are led by some knuckelheads called the JCS, Oboo-boo, and Chunk Bagel. Plus, Snowden gave them NATO's playbook (SIOP), so no big surprise there. Anyway, thanks Ed. You think you've punked the US? OK, Fair enough. Vlad the I'm Paler punked you, and there's blood in the streets. And to the russians? Nice job exploiting NATO, Oboo-boo and Snowden. Just a little favor to ask. This next cold war? can we keep it like the last one, you know, proxy wars and stuff were we don't actually pull the trigger on each other? That way we still get the big defense budgets for all the cool war machine stuff, but we NEVER actually intend to pull that trigger. The best of both worlds if you will. And think of all the cash the U.S. will start pumping into Europe now that REFORGER is making a comeback? All them farmers gettting paid for tanks ripping up they're fields! and stuff. AWESOME.

edit on 3212014 by tencap77 because: Content, Context, Spelling.

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join