It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare for Bear Simulator 2014

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
With the interest in Goat Simulator still bubbling a new kid on the block is preparing to take the animal simulator world by storm ... Bear Simulator 2014 !!!

It's early days and the game is still very early in production and looking for Kickstarter funding but the devs are saying it will be "like a mini Skyrim but you’re a bear" , unlike Goat simulator Bear simulator will be in first person perspective to give you that authentic bear experience , I'm really hoping you get to maul hunters

I know the paws look silly but bear in mind
it is still very early code.

The finished game will feature a melee fighting system, a realistic but imaginary wilderness setting populated by “a variety of different living things”, “a catastrophic amount of secrets” (about 30% of the game), events, mountain goats, unlockable abilities, animal friends and customisation.
www.vg247.com...

I'm hoping for Salmon simulator where you get to attack squid in the ocean before heading for the place of your birth traversing netted estuaries , avoiding fishermen and swimming up waterfalls to successfully spawn

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
LMAO...

I can't believe people are making large sums of money off this stuff. Goat simulator did extremely well, and now this. It seems like if you want to make a living as an independent game developer these days, you need to just think up the most ridiculous concept you can imagine and go with it. I'm going to get to work on chicken simulator right now.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
LOL Defend yourself from dangerous animals - And it shows a pig. An actual pig, not a cop!

Yeah, it has potential, if they can get the money to really work on the graphics and such.

And yes, you should be able to maul bad people!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Looks great. and absolutely stupid.
Hopefully this blip on the screen fad will die a quick death and resources can be refocused back on good games...but I like the visuals of the water n stuff.

What was a good erm...animal game (sorta) was sim-ant. That at least had purpose and function..strategy simulation. part war (other ant nests all up in my caterpillar food source!) taking over the yard and eventually house, etc. good concept. I would like to see a reboot of that game.

But yeah. I am pretty sure I am not showing my age when I say "I don't get it". I mean, sure..as a laugh, but I don't see a new genre of animal simulators being popped up.

Virtual Cow: Get milked..eat grass..moo at things..its gonna be awesome!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
So, the bear happens upon an outhouse and its "Mysterious Door", and the bear requires a key?! Bears don't need no stinkin' keys!

Could be an interesting time-waster game, but not much else.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I think it's a bit like punk rock in the late seventies was a reaction to the stale music industry so these games are trying to shake up what has become an industry saturated with safe bets , FPS shooters , Call of duty 27 and generic third person action games.

Games have become to Hollywood and I think people are just after something fun and different instead of interactive movies which is why indie developers are doing so well at the moment.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I do not see a Mall all humans option?

FAIL!

I did bug out to the kooky music however!
edit on 21-3-2014 by abeverage because: of bugging out to kooky music!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I wonder if they will include some random campers you can terrorize and eat for lunch then get chased down by the local park ranger lol
could be a really good game with enough detail and polish.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I love me some inde games. mostly build and survival type inde games (zomboid, minecraft of course (not sure if they can be considered inde anymore actually), various other titles on desura).
I simply see this as a bit limited and dumb.
I wouldn't liken it to punk rock..punk rock became mainstream when it incorporated into moody rock, giving stuff like offspring, etc.
This is more like...someone making music out of banging rocks and smashing glass while screaming swears and ingredients to pineapple cake...sure..people will sit in a coffee shop and pretend they are interested in it to be different, but eventually they will realize what a waste of money it is when they could be doing something that actually entertains once the concept is dull.

I could be wrong here...probably am...I never did understand the randomness of pop culture. breading cat pictures and the like.
I don't think there is any real "hollywooding" of games. I think gamers just want a good game to play, and some companies produce just that. Going against that means you basically have to intentionally make a bad game just to be different.

But yeah, so if this and other animal sims are free...or like on a steam sale for like 5 bucks, they might do ok, but could you imagine paying 50 for this when it was either this or like the next fallout?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

They need to recreate the Skyrim world so you can terrorize saw mills and taverns with your bear posse.

I'd like to see the Dragonborn take on my furry rage. He'd be all like "Fus-Ro-oooohhhhhh... BEARS, RUN!!!"

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I wouldn't liken it to punk rock..punk rock became mainstream when it incorporated into moody rock, giving stuff like offspring, etc.

Nah I'm referencing the original punk rock we invented not what you guys call punk ,bands like Stiff little fingers , Sham 69 and the like

Goat sim, Bear sim seem to me to be potentially fun pick up and play games , there's room for innovation in the industry and without games like these spurring a new way of thinking gaming runs the risk of becoming like the film industry , stale and predictable , we need more open world games where you can make your own adventure or follow the story as you wish

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

SaturnFX
But yeah. I am pretty sure I am not showing my age when I say "I don't get it". I mean, sure..as a laugh, but I don't see a new genre of animal simulators being popped up.

Virtual Cow: Get milked..eat grass..moo at things..its gonna be awesome!

Never underestimate how willing people can be to entertain themselves with simple things.
I remember this website where it had a count of the world's population, and the goal was to eventually kill off everyone on the planet... By clicking a button once for each person. You just sat there and clicked a button, over and over and over. I spent so much time on that.
Think about all the stupid little games people play on Facebook, and then look at Bear Simulator. By comparison, it looks like a work of gaming art.
So yeah... Virtual Cow? Make an achievements system for amount of grass eaten and times /mooed at things, and give points for every friend you invite to the game... There's a brand new hit right there.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
LOL thats FUNNY.

Bear Simulator. For when you really really Need to MAUL something to death.

Does a bear crap in the woods? - find out! LOL

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Bear Simulator has reached and surpassed it's Kickstarter target so will hopefully be released sometime later this year.

It’s all in first-person, so unlike Goat Simulator which has opted for third-person, Bear Simulator will give you, at last, a bear’s eye view of the world. Hunt for fish, explore the woods and, er, examine mysterious doors (look, I don’t know, it’s in the trailer.) The game only has alpha footage at the moment, which is why the bear is walking around like a biped rather than on all fours. Apparently the finished title will fix this, but my question is this: does it really need to? I suppose the answer is yes, if it wants to be much of a “simulator.”
www.incgamers.com...

The wait will be unbearable .... sorry

new topics

top topics

join