It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SpongeBob Thanksgiving Debut, and the SpongeBob Conspiracies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
With SpongeBob SquarePants making his debut today in the thanksgiving day parade.. Is it just hype.. Or is it a huge coming out celebration? What or who really is this SpongeBob?...

ABCNEWS.com

NEW YORK Nov 25, 2004 SpongeBob Squarepants is the new attraction in this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It's the 78th annual parade stepping off from Central Park heading downtown.

The parade features 59 balloons, including 15 of the giant helium balloons that need dozens of handlers to hold down. There had been some concern that high winds would make it too difficult to control the giant balloons, but this morning's weather forecast is good news. Light winds and temperatures are approaching 60 degrees.

There are also 27 floats, ten marching bands and 30 groups of clowns in the parade.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

"He lives in a pineapple under the sea, absorbent and yellow and porous is he."

One can only wonder about this strange Sponge. Though the creators of SpongeBob deny he's homosexual it has done little to end the speculation. and according to reports the show has a massive gay following.

Eonline.com Full Article

In the vein of Scooby-Doo's Velma, Peanuts' Peppermint Patty, the Powerpuff Girls, Sesame Street's Ernie and Bert and his Winky-ness, Nickelodeon's hugely popular SpongeBob SquarePants is currently commanding It status in the gay community, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Nickelodeon and the show's creator deny any homosexual overtones in the bizarro underwater world of invertebrates, but that hasn't stopped the show from soaking up a large gay following, according to the paper.

With his strange psychedelic surroundings (that pineapple abode), quirky crustacean pals (like ever-cheerful buddy Patrick the starfish) and oddball humor (his motto: "Go SpongeBob, go SpongeBob, go self!"), Mr. SquarePants is considered anything but "square."

"There is this innocence," 37-year-old Alex Fung, a clothing designer in New York, told the Journal. "He's not very masculine for a male character. And he's soft."

And he's not the only one. SpongeBob's cohort, Squidward the grumpy squid, listens to classical music and likes bubble baths. Patrick is often spotted holding hands with SpongeBob, and the two dream of being superheroes when they grow up (just like the crimefighters in their favorite TV show, The Adventures of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy).

The Journal cites anecdotal evidence pointing to the show's popularity among homosexuals. Novelty shops catering to a gay clientele in such cities as New York and Atlanta are having trouble keeping SpongeBob memorabilia in stock, as everything from keychains and action figures to plush toys and squeezable dolls are getting snapped up at a record pace.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Have they created in SpongeBob SquarePants a new gay Icon?

I believe that Mister Square pants could care less what people think of him.. In fact in the following image he seems to make his thoughts clear on this issue..

Oh there is more...

What about the...

SpongeHenge Conspiracy

I hope that I may be able to throw a little light on the relationship between Spongebob and Stonehenge (the massive stone circle at Avebury). The account came to me second hand. I have not yet had the chance to verify the finer details. It appears that the Spongebob cartoon was inspired by a visit to our most favoured collection of monoliths. Stephen Hillenburg, the creator of the Spongebob visited UK sometime in the late 1990s. He had somehow managed to gain endorsed access to the stones from the National Trust. It is uncertain as to his motive at this point. He was credibly intrigued by the stories he had heard in the media and may have been visiting England anyway. Nonetheless, he visited the site and was particularly struck by patterns on either one or several of the stones....

Could SpongeBob have been created by aliens?

I am sure someone will find the truth for this as well very soon!

Happy Thanksgiving ATS!

Gazz

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Heh. That's pretty funny. If you ask me though, Spongebob is only slightly less annoying and scary than Barney, the satanic purple dinosaur or the Teletubbies (whatever those are supposed to be).

Yeeesh, and people wonder why kids are so screwed up nowdays....

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
Yeeesh, and people wonder why kids are so screwed up nowdays....

I wish we could blame the cartoons.

I talked with my kids about SpongeBob.. They hate it!

I don't know if thats good or bad.

Anyway I was just having a little fun with the news of the day.

Need something to do while I'm burnin..erm cooking the food.

Gazz

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I have to say that SpongeBob gets on my nerves....but my grandson adores him - ugggh.

Happy Thanksgiving!

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
well i like spongebob, if there is nothing else to do around the house or with friends...

i don't think he is gay, but ya can't be so shure these days...

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
well i like spongebob, if there is nothing else to do around the house or with friends...

i don't think he is gay, but ya can't be so shure these days...

Yeah but what about the 'SpongeHenge Conspiracy'?

Care to dismiss that one as well?

And I thought this was a conspiracy site.

Gazz

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
....the squeeky boots episode (1999) would be well received by the gay leather/rubber scene i suppose * squeek * squeek *

QUOTES from that episode:

Spongebob:Hey! Your toothpaste is in my peanut butter!

Spongebob (explaining why loves to work at the krusty krabbs): I like the sound of rubbing pickles when i am baking burgers"

Also spongebob is yellow and "starfish" patrick is pink, looks like a gay colourscheme.

Still i think spongebob is funny as hell.

[edit on 25-11-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Just heard on CNN that at least 2 Spongebob inflatable display models have been kidnapped. One was in Minnesota, can't remember the other state. $1000 reward for information.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Man, I have heard this before and it makes me laugh every time. I don't think kids will really see anything "different" about Spongebob like adults seem to have noticed. Now that blue neighbor of his, Squidword, is a completly different story. Seriously, this has been said about so many cartoons it makes me laugh. Remeber Fred form Scooby Doo, if that dude wasn't different with his scarf and stuff

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
You know it's a real slow news day on ATS when we're discussing whether SpongeBob is gay.

kix

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I bougth the Spongebob DVD and they come in English, Spanish and Portuguese

Spongebob is quite more funny in Spanish and Portuguesse than in english and also Patrick is even more stupid and his one liners are excelent.

We always watch them in Spanish, (even if Nickelodeon has them in English)

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This thread would have been moved to BTS within minutes were it not posted by a mod. Double standard. Just sayin.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
You know it's a real slow news day on ATS when we're discussing whether SpongeBob is gay.

Isnt that the truth. My kids like them and I am wearing the lounge trousers that my kids got me last Chirstmas (spongebobs). Is he gay? I doubt it , it is just another BS line I think....

I mean a gay sponge?

Originally posted by deevee
This thread would have been moved to BTS within minutes were it not posted by a mod. Double standard. Just sayin.

Its the holidays, let it slide....

[edit on 25-11-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
look at those eyelashes, how can he not be gay?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

Yeah but what about the 'SpongeHenge Conspiracy'?

Care to dismiss that one as well?

And I thought this was a conspiracy site.

Gazz

what is this 'SpongeHenge Conspiracy'???

thanks...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Look at his NOSE for God's sake!

I like Spongebob too and I am a grown man (who secretly sometimes watches cartoons with his boys). There are a LOT of crap cartoons out there, but there are still some funny ones.

Spongebob, Dexter's Laboratory, etc.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
nevermind...

i figured it out (the SpongeHenge)

i think he was thinking when he was at stonehenge: "wow, these are square and have holes in them, just like SpongeBob"...

i cannot believe i am typing this...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Did both Robin, Starfire, Beast Boy, Raven from Teen Titans and 8 original digidestined from Digimon have equally soft When they compared to spongebob due to their Anorexic Bodies?.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by masonicon]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by UM_Gazz

Ya, I was just going to ask..Is that cartoon gay?

Glad Im not the only one who recognized his flamboyant tendencies...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
If, when you watch Spongebob, your main concern is the sexuality of the characters, then you obviously should not be watching Spongebob. The show is not for adults.

new topics

top topics

join