It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watch Survivorman Bigfoot?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Just wanted to get everyone"s thoughts on this, I never really believed in bigfoot but this show has sort of put me in the direction of believing. What do you all think? Could a Bi pedal ape species live in remote regions of North America? Could it have eluded a solid sighting for all this time?
edit on 21-3-2014 by Shepard64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Seems like the idea has always been popular, but now it's all over TV.
The fact that there is so much "reality" TV about bigfoot makes me doubtful about it all.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shepard64

I'll give you my honest opinion.

A reality TV show, is the last place we are going to see Bigfoot.

Between the noisy camera crew, and the pre-production for the cast and crew on location. Bigfoot will have plenty of advance notice to hightail it out of the filming area.

Des

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Shepard64
Just wanted to get everyone"s thoughts on this, I never really believed in bigfoot but this show has sort of put me in the direction of believing. What do you all think? Could a Bi pedal ape species live in remote regions of North America? Could it have eluded a solid sighting for all this time?

Could you, please, give some background, explanation, and/or a link to a resource or reference that inspired your question?
Thanks.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ya I think my problem is I never really gave it a chance, I just thought it was sooooo ridiculous and hard to believe there isn't any solid evidence. And now one of my favorite shows, survivorman does a special on it and I start to believe it a little because I never really watched a special on bigfoot. Having said that there still is no solid evidence, TV has a way of hooking me in sometimes.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think these finding bigfoot shows are just as bad as the ghost hunting shows. They never find anything to even suggest bigfoot (or ghosts) exist at all.

They do use dramatic movements and camera techniques to give the appearance that something earth-shattering is about to happen. But nothing substantial ever comes out.

I believe the scientific community would find BF first, if BF even exists. These TV shows have no chance and no clue.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

The thing with this show is he brings his own camera's and films himself, there is no tv crew it is literally just him. If you haven't seen the show I suggest giving it a watch.

www.youtube.com...

This is just the first part of it, you can watch the whole thing on youtube if you would like.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Destinyone

I'll give you my honest opinion.

A reality TV show, is the last place we are going to see Bigfoot.

Between the noisy camera crew, and the pre-production for the cast and crew on location. Bigfoot will have plenty of advance notice to hightail it out of the filming area.

Des

I would agree with you, but Survivorman isn't like any of the other reality nature shows, like Man Vs Wild, where it's all set up and fake. Survivorman is alone, carries his own camera equipment and sets up his own shots.

He would be the guy to catch great quality video, if bigfoot is out there. The only slight downside, is that he usually has to make a few trips for all of his equipment when he moves, and set up shots.. which I suppose could give advanced notice.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Survivorman is a little different.
There are no crews, no boom, no lights.
It's literally one guy with a handycam.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

If you honestly think he is the sole person in production on site, for a reality TV show, you should familiarize yourself with how Hollywood and TV works.

Every reality TV show that has claimed to show things such as a single person surviving on twigs and mud in the wild. Has been busted.

Plus, Les Stroud of Survivor Man has teamed up with Todd Standing, considered by the Bigfoot community as a known hoaxer. This production is starting out lame to begin with. It's for TV ratings and money, nothing more.

JMOHO...

Des

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Destinyone

If you honestly think he is the sole person in production on site, for a reality TV show, you should familiarize yourself with how Hollywood and TV works.

Every reality TV show that has claimed to show things such as a single person surviving on twigs and mud in the wild. Has been busted.

Plus, Les Stroud of Survivor Man has teamed up with Todd Standing, considered by the Bigfoot community as a known hoaxer. This production is starting out lame to begin with. It's for TV ratings and money, nothing more.

JMOHO...

Des

He doesn't operate out of Hollywood. He's Canadian, and his show is Canadian. He DID do most of his shows this way for many seasons until he almost died in the process. After that, he was convinced by his producer (against his will) that he would have a safety crew following him at all times (I believe they are a couple km's back from him however). Les Stroud is the real deal.

Coincidentally, he claims he had a bigfoot encounter while he was in Alaska, which is probably why he started doing the bigfoot show:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Okay so maybe the bigfoot ep is not a good example of the show but he really is alone on the other episodes you only have to watch a few episodes to see this and this is a Canadian show, Hollywood has no business on it. Not to mention Les is not your average TV star, he believes in nature and loves the great outdoors, he could care less about the money.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I await footage and proof of Bigfoot then.

If they prove me wrong, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong.

Until then, it's just another reality TV show with a twist, clamoring for TV ratings.

Des

edit on 21-3-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Wow I did not know all that, this makes me love the show even more and have even more respect for Les

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Destinyone

I await footage and proof of Bigfoot then.

If they prove me wrong, I'll b the first to admit I was wrong.

Until then, it's just another reality TV show with a twist, clamoring for TV ratings.

Des

edit on 21-3-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

^this
Survivorman was "different" when he first came out, (everyone was talking about Bear drinking Capri-suns in the back of a truck in between scenes) but that doesn't mean it's not reality TV, and that doesn't mean that's how the show is maintained now.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This was the case in central America in the 1960's when a new species of ape was discovered. Sightings over the years but never anything solid till 1 was shot in '67 I believe.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The problem is the majority of Americans think the USA is heavily populated therefore anything out of the ordinary would be spotted immediately. There are thousands of acres of wilderness that no man has set foot in. A pure example is the Steve Fossett saga. A plane is lost (quite larger than a bigfoot) it's static yet took quite a long time to locate. Now take a creature that does not want to be found, it's mobile and can cover difficult terrain faster than a human, it's must be good at camouflage (probably having to catch its food by stealth) and you wonder why there are no clear sightings of the creature. It was only a few years ago that a new species of rhinoceros was found in Loas/Vietnam yet for years before Vietnamese, Loas and US forces were criss crossing this area yet did not see it. The area I'm talking about was considerably smaller than the USA so if a creature is clever enough it can evade people for hundreds of years.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Les Stroud is probably my favourite TV 'survival' personality.

I'll be interested to watch this documentary.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I like the idea or bigfoot but i have never been a believer in it.
But ain't that part of the fun? the hunt..

Reality shows.. Reminds me of this.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
out of all of the reality tv show hoist or personalities. i would tend to listen Les Stroud more than the rest.
that said, i was a little disappointed to find out that he went this way. seems all about cashing in on the bucks more than finding truth.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join