It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationists Demand Airtime On 'Cosmos' For The Sake Of Balance

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

OKAY - THIS is a hoax. Like the Onion.
DISCLAIMER: National Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within National Report are fiction, and presumably fake news. Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental . The views expressed by writers on this site are theirs alone and are not reflective of the fine journalistic and editorial integrity of National Report. Advice given is NOT to be construed as professional. If you are in need of professional help (and you may be if you are on this page), please consult a professional. National Report is intended for a mature audience and not for children under the age of 18.

OMG. Ridiculous. It had me shook up for a minute, though.
It's not real. Thank God.

Conservative lawmakers in Kansas are, however, offering Fox a back door through which they could skirt the new law: they won’t press this law into effect if Fox will agree to immediately develop a new show, hosted by young-Earth creationist Ken Ham, which pushes the theories of so-called “intelligent design.” This new show would need to be aired on Sunday evenings, before Cosmos, in order for the small-time Fox affiliates to avoid Kansas’ legislative wrath.
- See more at: http://_national_report_dot_net_/kansas-black-cosmos-show-controversies/#sthash.T2IKdWVb.dpuf

Opponents of the bill note that it’s a clear violation of the first amendment, and the federal government may intervene with legal actions of their own should the law pass. “This law clearly violates free speech, as well as the separation of church and state,” said a statement issued by the Justice Department. “If we need to take this fight all the way to the Supreme Court, we’re prepared to do so.”
But Edison claims he isn’t worried about any legal action taken against the bill by the Federal government. “Jesus will protect this bill and ensure its safe passage. These liberal science-lovers might question the power of the almighty, but real believers in Christ know that soon, these people are going to see real evidence of the existence of God, when he delivers us from this television show.”
- See more at: http://_national_report_dot_net_/kansas-black-cosmos-show-controversies/#sthash.T2IKdWVb.dpuf

Always read the fine print, folks. Tried to Google this 'Representative' - and found several other forums where this is running and people are taking it seriously.
The last one I checked pointed out the Disclaimer.

edit on 4/11/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Confirmation of hoax:
THERE IS NO SENATOR FROM KS named Thomas Edison. Neither at State or Federal level.
Moran and Roberts are the two Senators in US Congress.
In the State legislature, no Edison.

Sorry for the delay in fact-checking. I was filing my taxes.

edit on 4/11/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
As long as the creationist aren't conquering, burning, and torturing civilizations in the name of Christ, like their ancestors did in the dark ages.

I'm sure they can be somewhat forgiven.

Bah haha.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'm just now watching Sunday's episode about the tiniest of tinies.....

it has member Hecate's little avatar guy! Tardigrade...(but I think Hecate said it had a cute name like 'water bear')....smaller than the head of a pin......

BEJILLIONS of these little dudes......all over the place.
been around forever, (500 million years
) and legions live in one drop of dew! "For every one of us, there are at least a billion of them".....AND, they don't 'need' to have water to survive!!!

So cool.

edit on 4/16/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

They can survive the vacuum of space too..

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hey they got their own show. It is a bit short as there isn't much to explain.

Creationist Cosmos

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

OH wow! Okay..I'm going to cue it up and watch.

Wait. I just went to get a cup of coffee and it's over?!!

Good.
Thanks for the chuckles!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

They can survive the vacuum of space too..

So...I take it they don't require oxygen or heat to function? Damn, and here we thought we were the superior species..."we" not including myself, of course. That sea slug that looks like a Digimon is still cuter though. The Glaucus atlanticus.

edit on 19-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

I decided to do a search for them.

Tardigrades have been known to survive the following extreme conditions:

Tardigrade

temperatures as low as -200 °C (-328 °F) and as high as 151 °C (304 °F);

freezing and/or thawing processes;

changes in salinity;

lack of oxygen;

lack of water;

levels of X-ray radiation 1000x the lethal human dose;

some noxious chemicals;

boiling alcohol;
:

low pressure of a vacuum;

high pressure (up to 6x the pressure of the deepest part of the ocean).
serc.carleton.edu...

AMAZING. Makes one wonder how widespread they are in the universe.
Also called 'water bears' which I mentioned before (learned from Hecate), and 'moss piglets'.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I decided to do a search for them.

Tardigrades have been known to survive the following extreme conditions:

Tardigrade

temperatures as low as -200 °C (-328 °F) and as high as 151 °C (304 °F);

freezing and/or thawing processes;

changes in salinity;

lack of oxygen;

lack of water;

levels of X-ray radiation 1000x the lethal human dose;

some noxious chemicals;

boiling alcohol;
:

low pressure of a vacuum;

high pressure (up to 6x the pressure of the deepest part of the ocean).
serc.carleton.edu...

AMAZING. Makes one wonder how widespread they are in the universe.
Also called 'water bears' which I mentioned before (learned from Hecate), and 'moss piglets'.

Wow. And we exalt ourselves as the superior species. Nope, guess the winner of that race comes comfortably settled on the head of a pin.

...Dammit, I want one.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Go to that site, it tells you how to catch and keep them.
Another search hit told about it, too!!!

But, since I'm myopic and have to remove my spectacles to see close up anyway, I'd have to have a microscope to view them, which makes my neck ache....

Anyway - they are Plentiful. Let us know when you have one to observe!!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Awwwww! Those ARE cuter!!
Cuties.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Too bad I don't own a microscope. Maybe someday, we can genetically engineer a larger and cuter water bear as a breed of pet. I'm thinking a gerbil-sized one would be perfect. Same goes for the Glaucus atlanticus. OOOH! Cross breed them. A sea bear or water slug the size of a hamster. Man, I really hope we can do that someday. It would be adorable!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
And....they're still at it - several weeks in:

Neil deGrasse Tyson Said Earth Is 4.5 Billion Years Old on TV: Creationists' Heads Explode

It did not take long for the creationists to take issue with Neil DeGrasse Tyson and the latest episode of Cosmos on Fox. Why you ask? Well, because Tyson dared to declare the age of the earth to be 4.5 billion years old.

Answers in Genesis (AiG), the organization run by "young Earth" creationist Ken Ham, known for his recent debate against Bill Nye on the topic of evolution has now taken issue with episode 7 of Cosmos as the show taught us just how scientist Claire Patterson discovered the true age of this very planet.

AiG takes issue because early on Tyson declared that the true age of the earth couldn’t be found without a reliable historical record. The Bible was once believed to be this historical record, but as Tyson explains, it is no longer. Now we can look to the rocks themselves to find our answer.

Right away AiG on its website attacks science as unreliable because this particular episode discusses how scientific bias can be used for good and bad. The episode itself shows how good data always wins over bad and highlights just why science works, through peer-review.

Good grief.
Sigh.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

For a bunch of people who supposedly want nothing to do with real science they sure at glued to their seats when Cosmos airs! I wonder how many of them are actually tuning in each week so that they have something to be angry about online the following morning. It blows my mind that for people who have no use for hard science they just cant look a way like a deer caught in head lights.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I imagine for them it is about the same as when I used to flip through channels then find myself watching Fox news. I disagree with just about everything on that channel but for some reason I would watch it knowing I would get aggravated.

That ended some years ago when I dropped cable. If I want to watch a show I can download it free of commercials. Yay technology.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I realized about 5 minutes after hitting enter that I was being a bit if a hypocrite because there are definitely times I've been caught at a red light screaming like a maniac at the radio because I put on Limbaugh or Hannity for too long. It would've been more poignant for me to ponder how much of the over all viewership was comprised of fans of AiG. It would be an interesting statistic.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

there are definitely times I've been caught at a red light screaming like a maniac at the radio because I put on Limbaugh or Hannity for too long.

LOL!!!

But, why would you put them on at all? Self-discipline? Just to hear the other side of things?

Yeah, I look at rightwingwatch to get my fill of absurdity. It's plenty. I can't stomach listening to those guys (or Beck, for that matter).

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I listen to know what kind of garbage they're pumping over the airwaves to their listeners. It's painful but I look at it as due diligence so that I can be better prepared to debate the lack of merits of the argument at hand. It's not like they do t have a staff of people in the back Of house doing the same thing. Watching bill maher, morning joe, reading liberal slanted blogs etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join