It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationists Demand Airtime On 'Cosmos' For The Sake Of Balance

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Where did God come from?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

GetHyped

Fromabove

It's just wishful thinking and a pipe dream.

I never hear creationists say this about these scientific theories:

Thermodynamics theory

Why is that? Oh yeah, I remember, it's because they don't directly contradict literal readings of religious scripture. Funny that.

They can't say Thermodynamics Theory is wrong, one of their favorite goto fallacies involves part of that theory. Just like their bible, selective application of what is true and what isn't. Unfortunately for them, science doesn't work like that.

I'm happy with thermodynamics. It's science. I use it in the things I build and test where I need to know inertia, mass, velocity and such, as well and heat transfer, density, and a whole host of other things. God made universal laws to keep order. Otherwise everything will dissolve and fall apart. I'm a happy Christian that uses the law all the time. No problems here.

edit on 27-3-2014 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Just as I expected another authority on the improbability of evolution who can't distinguish it from abiogenesis and doesn't even actually understand abiogenesis. Yawn. Someone wake me when the "facts" arrive please. Heck, I'd even take the promised mathematical dispute of evolutionary theory that never managed to rear its head. But no, nothing more than a continuation of incredulousness. What a let down.

link   

Well put and thought out reply. I didn't have the time to read all of your posts and I'm not sure if you are a young earth creationist. Are you? It's whole different debate if you are. Again, I believe in God and that the complexities of all of our scientific theories and the way the universe was formed and evolution are proofs of God. I believe that evolution is the way God created the universe. That's just me, though. I think that unless you are a young earth creationist and an answers in Genesis type person that we can have a good discussion of the questions that we all have about evolution or the creation of the cosmos. Such as what are all those Whale fossils doing in the mountains of south america and why do we think that a lightning strike caused life etc. But I think to just discount evolution is the opposite of denying ignorance. Thoughts?

link   

well, I'm glad we have that in common,
but

your explanation does not equate to mathematical proof.
How do you know how often the lightning zapped and the cells did nothing, just wasted away without knowing "what to do"?

You think those cells had no DNA?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

peter vlar

Just as I expected another authority on the improbability of evolution who can't distinguish it from abiogenesis and doesn't even actually understand abiogenesis. Yawn. Someone wake me when the "facts" arrive please. Heck, I'd even take the promised mathematical dispute of evolutionary theory that never managed to rear its head. But no, nothing more than a continuation of incredulousness. What a let down.

That's it? I win.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

You didn't give me anything to work with. You get what you give. If that's a win its by forfeit not by nature if your argument.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Restricted

Where did God come from?

God is extra-dimensional. He is not from the universe, it is a product of Him. He is not subject to time or space. He is Spirit not physical. The universe is less than Him. It's the best I can do for you. In the end you need faith to believe that. If you have no faith you won't believe it and it will be foolishness to you. But that's my answer, God is from beyond and greater than the entirety of the universe.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

No, you don't win.

All you've done is say that evolution is crap, and then gave a nicely-told story about how many times lightning zapped a puddle before the microbes/cells became "life."

NO ONE has said they know how life began!

As easily as you can say "evolution is crap", I can say, "the Genesis story is crap." Actually, I can say that more easily -
you know what the word "implausible" means, I trust. By the way, it seems you have what they call cherry-picked from your Bible what to take seriously and what to attribute to metaphor or analogy.

But to say that evolution is crap is pretty intense, and you have not 'proven' it, despite your confidence that you have done.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

You call that a mathematical proof yet I see all of ZERO math used. Sure I see a few numbers with the label "years" behind them, but I don't see those numbers being put into calculations to produce a result. I just see biased reasoning aimed to make the idea of abiogenesis and later evolution look silly. Come on, I asked for MATH. Not your faulty logic.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs

well, I'm glad we have that in common,
but

your explanation does not equate to mathematical proof.
How do you know how often the lightning zapped and the cells did nothing, just wasted away without knowing "what to do"?

You think those cells had no DNA?

Could have happened a gazzilion times. The problem is the same if I took a computer and plugged it into the wall and waited to see when it would do it's own thing and make itself into a robot without receiving any commands or knowledge because it was not given any software program.

They wouldn't have been complex so, no, I don't think they would have dna. DNA is like computer code and programmable and very complex. Simple pre cell forms (I can't call it life) would not know to do and so not knowing to do they would just die. There just is not enough time for it to learn to eat and survive before it perished.

And, I'm glad we have at least something in common too. It's a start right?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

I believe that evolution is the way God created the universe. That's just me, though.

Well, that makes two of us.
I don't see (along with many others) why science is incompatible with God.

Did a force we call "God" (without knowing what it is!) start all this?
Possibly. I don't know. But if it did, it had a plan in mind that began trillions of human years ago, and simply set up the scheme and then left it to its own devices.

Did we evolve from previous primate creatures? Yes.

I just don't see the premise for the outrage. Honestly, I don't see where the schism comes in.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

You call that a mathematical proof yet I see all of ZERO math used. Sure I see a few numbers with the label "years" behind them, but I don't see those numbers being put into calculations to produce a result. I just see biased reasoning aimed to make the idea of abiogenesis and later evolution look silly. Come on, I asked for MATH. Not your faulty logic.

Oh gee wiz..... Come on now.

Is anyone not seeing intelligent design in the programmable dna we call life. Even scientists are beginning to talk of it as computer code. My theory is much more reasonable than evolution because I can prove by science that the genome is programmable. I could even redesign any given creature if I had tools at hand and the science to do it.

And I didn't use zero math, no. I used time progression math where you hypothesize the ability of any given thing to happen randomly without intervention. Have you never applied such theories to any work you do? Industries and the stock market do it all the time as do sports teams and political entities. The world runs on such applications.

link   

It is, quite.

But I won't accept "evolution is just crap".
Like I've said, I'm agnostic. You seem (seem) to be a Bible-over-anything-else believer. I can't go there.

Nevertheless, YES, it's a start.
Nice dialogue, so far.

link   

Fromabove

Restricted

Where did God come from?

God is extra-dimensional. He is not from the universe, it is a product of Him. He is not subject to time or space. He is Spirit not physical. The universe is less than Him. It's the best I can do for you. In the end you need faith to believe that. If you have no faith you won't believe it and it will be foolishness to you. But that's my answer, God is from beyond and greater than the entirety of the universe.

Yes. Faith. It takes faith to believe in fairy tales.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Restricted

Fromabove

Restricted

Where did God come from?

And it also takes faith to believe in things science cannot prove yet they believe anyway.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

God using big bang, evolution, and abiogenesis as tools to create and develop the universe and the life in it is at least an acceptable stance to take. But to discount all of that for the standard Christian goto response of god just poofing everything into exist whole is to be intellectually dishonest. Personally, as an agnostic, I would never subscribe to that theory whole heartily, but I do field it into the realm of possibility. I certainly give it more credence than the "god poofed everything into existence" crowd.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Fromabove

Restricted

Fromabove

Restricted

Where did God come from?

And it also takes faith to believe in things science cannot prove yet they believe anyway.

They don't believe. They theorize. That is why they're scientists. Their facts are far stronger evidence than what you base your faith on.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Fromabove

Krazysh0t

Oh gee wiz..... Come on now.

Is anyone not seeing intelligent design in the programmable dna we call life. Even scientists are beginning to talk of it as computer code. My theory is much more reasonable than evolution because I can prove by science that the genome is programmable. I could even redesign any given creature if I had tools at hand and the science to do it.

And I didn't use zero math, no. I used time progression math where you hypothesize the ability of any given thing to happen randomly without intervention. Have you never applied such theories to any work you do? Industries and the stock market do it all the time as do sports teams and political entities. The world runs on such applications.

Your first paragraph is unrelated to what I was asking for and is just a useless distraction. The second paragraph is just made up math. You didn't do any REAL math work, you just said kept moving your timeline forward then inserted your (faulty) version of events of what you think happened (that doesn't even line up with the abiogenesis hypothesis or evolutionary theory). Where is the statistical analysis? The sampling? The probability calculations? You can't just advance the clock forward and make up random claims of what you think occurred and call it "time progression".

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs

It is, quite.

But I won't accept "evolution is just crap".
Like I've said, I'm agnostic. You seem (seem) to be a Bible-over-anything-else believer. I can't go there.

Nevertheless, YES, it's a start.
Nice dialogue, so far.

I love science, I really do. And at one time I believed exactly what you do. But over time I had to change my thinking as science began to prove things already stated in the Bible about creation. If anything just keep an open mind. Even though I don't sound like I do, I do try to do that so that I may form my own opinions. Right now, the Bible wins because what it says is what science proves so far. And the DNA codex is the strongest argument in support of that.

btw, redheads have higher than normal IQ and are able to multitask without strain. We are also leaders and conquerors. Yup, I know that going to annoy the brown hairs for sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join