It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another dissapointing season....seems to be the norm.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
My Carolina Hurricanes dissapoint yet again. Another season of .500 or below hockey. What's the deal Canes? On paper you all should have ran ruff-shot over most in the east. Since game number 1 of the season, every team in the leaugue knew you were an easy team a soft team.
The team captain needs the C stripped off his jersey, Cam Ward needs to be traded & some offensive talent brought in. Anton Kudobin is the bright light of this season, glad to know he'll be here next season, hope like hell his the starter from game one.

You have had talent in the system for years, that has never panned out. Drayson Bowman, Zack Boychuk, etc, etc. etc. Time for these guys to find a new team in a new city. You traded the toughest player on the team! WOW! what a mess. IMHO the blame should lie with the coaching staff. Muller isnt a above .500 coach. neither was Paul Maurice. As a matter of fact I don't think Canes have ever had a coach that had a winning percentage well above .500

We need a coach that is a task master, do it his way or watch from the press box. I am tired of waiting till next season. I don't spend the cash I do for season tickets to continue to watch the team fail. Next season I will watch from the comfort of my couch, as I want renew my season tickets in hopes of a winning season. IMHO Eric Stall & Cam Ward need new homes new teams as their time in Carolina has grown stale. Team captains & Conn Smyth winning goalies are traded all the time. Time Carolina followed suit.

Blame it on injuries, that want work. Other teams have had more injuries to more top players than Canes and their going to playoffs. Team toughness is lacking and that blame should be leveled square on Eric Stalls shoulders. How far into next season does the team go with the personnell they have now? Answer...not to damn far. .500 or below, I would bet my life savings on it.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Dude I'm a cubs fan...I feel your pain..

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Keep in mind that in spite of what many pundits were going on about earlier in the season, the Metropolitan Division makes for some tough sledding. With the notable exception of the N.Y.Islanders, any one of the teams in the division can beat any one of the other teams in the division any night of the week. I'm a lifelong Flyers fan, and am pleased with their recent success...but would not at all be surprised if they went out and lost back-to-back games at MSG and the Prudential Center.

Simply put, be patient. The Canes aren't quite that bad, and in many ways have just as good a club as the rest of the division.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

Phillies fan here...(laughs), I'm completely empathetic.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by lokomotiv23

Yea they are worse than other teams in the Metro. Canes lack team toughness, they lack leadership. Philly fired their coach and re=placed him with an un-proven coach. Berube has turned the team around in a short span of time, without a ton of additions. Muller has not . Eric Stall does not need to be the team captain, his leadership is non-existant. At times he looks like there's other places he would rather be. Well there's 29 more teams in the leaugue, let's find him one.

The shining light this season was all the new bodies the team brought in, Sekera, Gerbe, Malholtra,Hainsey, Kudobin, all additions this season. IMHO Sekera should be made team captain, maybe it's to much weight on E.Stalls shoulders. So as I watch my team stumble down the stretch, I will pull for my alternative favorite........ANYBODY PLAYING THE PENQUINS.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Has any of your teams gone an entire season without a win? Nope, only my Detroit Lions.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I can relate.
As a Utah Jazz fan (since birth) thats business as usual.
My team has fallen apart since Jerry Sloan left the head coaching position.
Wish I could go back to the Stockton & Malone days.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I can relate.
As a Utah Jazz fan (since birth) thats business as usual.
My team has fallen apart since Jerry Sloan left the head coaching position.
Wish I could go back to the Stockton & Malone days.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I grew up a Kansas State University football fan. When I was a kid, they had entire seasons where the locker room pep-talk was a heavy sigh from the coach accompanied by "Well, let's try not to get anyone hurt." As my mom and dad put it, you celebrated a first down like a touchdown (this is where the "Good for a Wildcat - First Down! and Touchdown! chants come from), and if you scored a touchdown, you stormed the field to tear down the goalposts, the concept of a win was unthinkable.

That changed when they hired Bill Snyder, but we didn't have him until I was almost in high school. There were some loooong hard years until then.

Trust me, it can only get so worse before it can only get better.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

openyourmind1262
On paper you all should have ran ruff-shot over most in the east.

Just exactly what are you basing this statement on? Basically, it's ridiculous on its face. On paper, no one considered Carolina to be a top team in the division. Not even close.

Injuries happen to every team. Look at Detroit. No team has had as many top players go down for longer periods of time. Yet they are still in the hunt for a playoff spot.

I think your assessment is way off concerning Carolina's strength.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

openyourmind1262
My Carolina Hurricanes dissapoint yet again. Another season of .500 or below hockey. What's the deal Canes? On paper you all should have ran ruff-shot over most in the east. Since game number 1 of the season, every team in the leaugue knew you were an easy team a soft team.
The team captain needs the C stripped off his jersey, Cam Ward needs to be traded & some offensive talent brought in. Anton Kudobin is the bright light of this season, glad to know he'll be here next season, hope like hell his the starter from game one.

You have had talent in the system for years, that has never panned out. Drayson Bowman, Zack Boychuk, etc, etc. etc. Time for these guys to find a new team in a new city. You traded the toughest player on the team! WOW! what a mess. IMHO the blame should lie with the coaching staff. Muller isnt a above .500 coach. neither was Paul Maurice. As a matter of fact I don't think Canes have ever had a coach that had a winning percentage well above .500

We need a coach that is a task master, do it his way or watch from the press box. I am tired of waiting till next season. I don't spend the cash I do for season tickets to continue to watch the team fail. Next season I will watch from the comfort of my couch, as I want renew my season tickets in hopes of a winning season. IMHO Eric Stall & Cam Ward need new homes new teams as their time in Carolina has grown stale. Team captains & Conn Smyth winning goalies are traded all the time. Time Carolina followed suit.

Blame it on injuries, that want work. Other teams have had more injuries to more top players than Canes and their going to playoffs. Team toughness is lacking and that blame should be leveled square on Eric Stalls shoulders. How far into next season does the team go with the personnell they have now? Answer...not to damn far. .500 or below, I would bet my life savings on it.
Eric Stall has grossly underachieved. He played himself off of Team Canada for the Sochi Olympics this past February. It's a bad idea for the GM of the Hurricanes to have a Stall Family reunion. I heard that the Eric and Jordan are enticing their other brother Marc to not re-sign with the New York Rangers so that they can all play together on the Hurricanes.

The wonderful environment of North Carolina with the beaches, golf courses and sunny weather are making Eric complacent and lazy. Eric doesn't have the fishbowl existence that other Canadian Hockey-mad markets have. He just checks in at the rink, gets paid. Eric can go to the movies restaurants, shop for groceries and not get noticed like other hockey players in Toronto, Montreal, etc. He flies under the radar and he loves it. That is making him underachieve. Good luck trying to trade him, I believe he has a No-Movement-clause in his contract. I heard the the Winnipeg Jets want to move their star player, Evander Kane. Winnipeg ain't too far from his hometown of Thunder Bay, Ontario. Would E. Stall accept a trade to the tundra. Not likely. You would exchange a minor inconvenience for a major dilemma. Maybe a pure hockey trade can be worked out. It doesn't hurt to kick some tires.

As A Bruin fan, I was sorry to see Doby go. You got a good goalie there. Khudobin's play reminds me of Tim Thomas. Jeff Skinner is a keeper. You're mad now, but by next October, you will fall back in love with 'Canes. Keep the faith, openyourmind1262. A Don Cherry salute to you.

edit on 7-4-2014 by RossWellOldMexico because: added comment

new topics

top topics

join