Warning - your home may be killing you ....

page: 1
10

log in

join

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Okay, so i have always suffered from a couple of allergies such as milk, but apart from that, i have been in fairly decent-ish health besides for weight problems (not obesity by the way).

Anyway, about 4 or 5 months ago, i started finding my eyes were always itchy, i was constantly wheezing, feeling ill, sneezing, dried up throat - in fact, every sympton of a flue on steroids x by 10, and then continuous for month on month.
It literally was ruining my life, and after a while was making breathing very hard. In fact, sometimes i could not even sleep at night.

Anyway, the other day i read about dust allergies, but i thought `nah i always hoover the carpet there isnt any dust around here`...
but then i thought hmm, so i moved away my bed (i never hoover under my bed as i always lazily think if people cant see rubbish there is no point to clean it up, and sure enough under my bed was tons of thick dust literally caked all over the carpet floor under my bed and at the lower side of the wall that the bed would cover up.
I then took a closer look at my bedroom curtains and they were dusty too, i looked at the top of my cupboards, and them too were full of dust.

I spent over 5 hours last night cleaning everything up.. and already, all of the symptons that i have had contiously for many months have gone down by about 85-90 per cent ( theres no way they would magically go overnight, nobody magically heals overnight, but i do excpect within half a week to be fully healthy again).

I looked up dust allergy online, and did you know they can be the same or even worse than asthma allergy at times.

So, i hope this helps people who have been suffering the symptons that i went through
and remember, dust - is a killer, it is a collection of bacteria/ sometimes fungus/ mould/ dead cells/ dead insects in fact it could contain any of what i have just mentioned.

Best of luck.

PS, what i used was a good old fashioned hoover, a brush and anti bacteria wipes for the surfaces - i always did a deep wash on 90 of my bedding, and my bedroom curtains i washed too.
Get rid of it and watch your health sky rocket back up
edit on 21-3-2014 by eliuk because: (no reason given)




posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by eliuk
 


I've been through this also, I couldn't figure it out at first but felt a lot better after a thorough house cleaning.
As far as the rest of the house killing me however, my blood pressure is high due to my mother in law living downstairs - I'll try some anti-bacterial wipes on her.



posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
If you have central heating, I'd recommend getting the duct work cleaned at least once a year.

Either right before you start using it or right after, after winter it'll be cheaper of course to get it done as demand is usually lower.



posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I sufferer from rhynasitis (inflammation of eyes etc)
If I walk in a dusty room I sneeze and my eyes swell,

Back In school when the radiators came on it blew the dust about and "BOOM" eyes swollen and can't open them and I'd have to go to hospital to have steroids,
horrible thing to be stuck with because dust is every where,
I have an air purifier in my room now collects all the dust in water for me
edit on 21-3-2014 by majestic3 because: Only I shall no mmmwwhaha



posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I thoroughly dust high places and vacuum under/on furniture once a month..this includes blinds. Then about once a week I dust all other surfaces. I also change my HVAC filter religiously and more often in peak allergy seasons.

I di think being too germ phobic can lead to health problem's so I don't use a bunch of strong chemicals but I can't abide dust.

Another thing people need to be concerned about in their home environment is fabric softeners, dryer sheets and air fresheners...that stuff is wicked toxic and can also cause flu-like symtoms.



posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

kosmicjack


Another thing people need to be concerned about in their home environment is fabric softeners, dryer sheets and air fresheners...that stuff is wicked toxic and can also cause flu-like symtoms.


Glad you mentioned that

i do find sometimes when i use a new conditioner/ washing powder that i havent used before, and then i go to sleep i tend to have allergic reactions to it, but i`m not sure what exact ingredient it is that can cause reactions



posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
All the exercise cleaning up that stuff probably helped with the allergies. You would think that by disturbing this stuff while cleaning you would be increasing it in the air. Your allergies would actually increase for a few days if this was the case. What is in the cleaning fluid you used? Maybe something that got absorbed through the skin like sulfur? Sulfur is a big part of our immune system and also part of the fluid that lubricates the eyes, it is easily absorbed by the skin.

Ammonia is also a chemical that sometimes is useful for fighting pathogens by the body. Spic and Span is my favorite cleaner, it seems to make the whole house seem fresher. I scrub the floor by hand sometimes and I feel better. Sometimes it is not the dust that is the problem, it is a deficiency in the body. Sulfur is used to carry oxygen in the body, that is why they tell us to eat some foods that contain this. If you have a sulfur sensitivity, foods high in molybdenum may help. Some foods grow better with molybdenum so they are fertilized with molybdenum....broccoli and calliflower are two examples of this. If it wasn't for the goitinerogens they contain they would be a super food. They can be tollerated cooked better though, it does degrade the bad chemistry. If you are a little hyperactive, you may want to eat some of these, they will settle you down.

The problem with this dust could be the inorganic chemicals that it contains also. It can contain a lot of residues. This dust can have antibiotic properties, the excretions of certain microbes are used to control other microbes. I am not sure what the reason for your rapid recovery is, it seems too rapid to me to be what you think the reason is. If it worked, that is what you need, it would be nice to know what the reason really is though.



posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse
 


I agree with that...my kid always exhibits a slight worsening of his symptoms for about 24 hours on cleaning day.



posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

rickymouse
All the exercise cleaning up that stuff probably helped with the allergies. You would think that by disturbing this stuff while cleaning you would be increasing it in the air. Your allergies would actually increase for a few days if this was the case. .


Actually, whilst cleaning, and brushing the dust.. and pouring it into the black bin bag (before throwing it outside) - the level of coughing was unbearable from all the dust, so yes temporarily whilst cleaning up and whilst i was in contact with it during the hoovering it was real bad.
i also had to completly empty the hoover too - not an easy task with dust flying everywhere, but a shower and change of clothes did the trick.

PS, i didnt say i was 100 per cent cured straight away, i am not perfectly fine yet, i still have a few of the symptons but by and large they are far less than they were just a day ago, and i`m feeling better all the time.
edit on 21-3-2014 by eliuk because: (no reason given)





top topics
 
10

log in

join