It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How else can America be globally embarrassed?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Montana

When Jimmy Carter was president things were pretty bad. With unemployment being at record highs, and American pride being stepped on by the Iranians holding more than 200 American hostages. We had a president that sat on his hands and did nothing.

After Carter things went back to normal. Hell I'd almost forgotten about politics altogether. Then along came Obama. Things have never been as bad as they are now, and yes Obama is to blame. He is weak on foreign policy, and has serious credibility issues. With his bowing to foreign dignitaries to his jumping in bed with the Muslim brotherhood. Every thing he does makes him look more and more ignorant, and treasonous. Tell me is Obama actually capable of making an intelligent decision? I think not.

Two more years of this crap I can't wait.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bkfd54

If I remember correctly Obama didn't put his hand on his heart during the national anthem.

Also isn't he the one that didn't wear his flag pin.

He has no national pride and no honor.

His old lady said when he got elected ( for the first time in my life I'm proud of my country).

These people sicken me!

Edit to add: I'm quite sure that Obama can think of a multitude of ways to further embarrass America. I'm also quite sure you'll be seeing some of them sooner than later. Wow my first online prediction.
edit on 22-3-2014 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

Nothing wrong with a little preeminent prognostication.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
You guys will be always globally embarassed because it doesnt matter if you vote for republican or democrat, white guy or black guy... foreign policy of US is always same. I am middle aged guy from Central Europe so I also remember times from Cold war... and you know what? When I read US press it seems to me that majority of americans are still stuck in Cold war mentality. They think that all "commies" are evil and Americans are good guys fighting for freedom and democracy all over world. But what I see is big country trying to dominate world... Country that always sticks their nose to place thats not their business. Country that doesnt respect international law, UN, etc. Country that has only 1 interest... interest of United States. Country which see enemies when there are NONE. Seriouslly none but very few brainwashed people here believe that what you do you do because you want help establish democracy and good lives for people around the world. And thats what we dislike about you. You try to be policeman of world but your action reminds more of bully. Seriously guys. You blame Obama but we people of world are happy that this time you didnt vote for Romney... because Romney... and now McCain... are as bad warmongers as Bush junior and senior together and if they are in white house we would have ww3 already.
You know what majority of people in Europe wants? To have job, familly and have happy lives... we doesnt care for your warmongering. We doesnt care for power or money. We are not jealous about your life style and we do need you as our saviors. And definitely none believe that what you do is because you want to help world to be better place... because if you wanted that... you would mind your own business and instead of neverending wars use your wisdom and technology for peacefull purposes.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

jimmyx

bkfd54
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

I agree 100% which is why I started with Teddy's quote. Unfortunately, we have become naive to the ways of the world in our effort to spread or facilitate democracy.

really...well obviously you are a geo-political expert, much more insightful and knowledgeable than our, how did you put it, "community organizer president"...please share with us your wisdom on how to handle the "spreading of democracy" to the rest of the world.

I see this as such a fail way of arguing. Being able to recognize when someone fails at a job doesn't mean that you excel at that job as well. I can point out when a mediocre quarterback can't hack it in the NFL, it doesn't make me an all star quarterback. I just have two eyes and can process how someone handles situations.
edit on 28-3-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
In truth foreign affairs have been Obamas strong area. The US is more popular than ever globaly a massive improvement from the dark Iraq war years. The US is more engaged in Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America than it had been in nearly a decade. The problem is under Bush Jr. we ignored the rest of the World outside of Iraq even ignoring Afganstan for awhile. With the US distracted China made moves in the Pacfic that we did not counter until the Pacific shift a few years ago. Russia went to war with Georgia and the US did nothing. Absolutely nothing. Giving Putin the wrong impression he could do so again in Crimea. Our militray alliances are more solid than ever. Granted some of that comes people like Russia and China acting foolish on the world stage.

The US has walked a wise line when it comes to force, where it can be quickly and effectively used with global backing like Libya it was. Where it was unpopular and could lead to compelet disaster like Syria it was not, and yet Obama did get lucky that Russia caved over Syria and gave up of their chemical weapons that Syria claimed did not exist.

And the handling of Crimea thus far has been spot on. Slowly putting the screws to Russia without backing them into a corner is the right play. And again you see the renewed power of US political leadership in the latests UN vote where Russia could only scrape up 11 supporters despite a full court diplomatic press. Note that China and Iran abstained instead of voting against the reslolution. That has to hurt if you are Russia.

Obama's failures in foreign affairs remains the same one that has been a failure for everybody but, Carter. Israeli peaces process. It has reallly gone nowhere and US ties with Israel are closer than ever and a chill in relashions with Arabs has not helped that.

Whatever you want to say about Obama's domestic leadership, and their is plenty in that area open for debate, the one place he has been solid has been foriegn affairs. No suprise then that the when Crimea kicked off the world looked to the US for leadership on the crisis.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join