Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

How else can America be globally embarrassed?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Oh please, please educate me how the US State department caused the Crimean crisis.

I would seriously love to see this. Especially as how no one gave two
about the Ukraine.

Seriously, please inform us how the US State department started this whole thing. I would really REALLY love to know what FOX News told you to think.
edit on 21-3-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

jimmyx

bkfd54
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

I agree 100% which is why I started with Teddy's quote. Unfortunately, we have become naive to the ways of the world in our effort to spread or facilitate democracy.

really...well obviously you are a geo-political expert, much more insightful and knowledgeable than our, how did you put it, "community organizer president"...please share with us your wisdom on how to handle the "spreading of democracy" to the rest of the world.

Yo considering the current era that GLOBALISTS have made us dependent upon other countries in the world.

Foreign policy is the most IMPORTANT issue we face.

IF Americans want cheap gas, and cheap iphones, and love to shop at China-mart?

We need more focus on peace through strength.

Saber rattling, and sanctions, and giving things away like control of the internets, and spying, and bombing the hell out of places like LIbya, and arming terrorists in Syria, and gun running to places like Mexico.

Isn't making this country safer.

Oh and the icing on the cake is the defense cuts.

The world IS laughing at this country, because we have an empty chair as a potus.

This country has no REAL LEADERSHIP.

What we have is a reality tv star.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Of course they made fun of Reagans foreign policy what was it again? Kill a couple hundred Marines we'll grab our hat and run. And our policy has gotten worse now it's do what our bankers want or get invaded.

Wasn't that Obamas foreign policy for Iraq, and afghanistan ?

Few thousand get killed, aided by this countries enemies like IRAN and SHIA islamists, and he cuts, and runs.

Obama's foreign policy ?

Forcing the military to go 'green' using alternative energy, and 'arming' US embassies with Chevy volts!

What an 'awesome' leader we have!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

neo96

Of course they made fun of Reagans foreign policy what was it again? Kill a couple hundred Marines we'll grab our hat and run. And our policy has gotten worse now it's do what our bankers want or get invaded.

Wasn't that Obamas foreign policy for Iraq, and afghanistan ?

Few thousand get killed, aided by this countries enemies like IRAN and SHIA islamists, and he cuts, and runs.

Obama's foreign policy ?

Forcing the military to go 'green' using alternative energy, and 'arming' US embassies with Chevy volts!

What an 'awesome' leader we have!

Obama did run and get elected on the promise of ending those wars. And he didn't cut and run like Reagan how many hundreds of our people died there before he pulled us out? So learn the difference between the two. How many people did you want killed in a war the never should have been started? There was no reason for America to go into either of those countries. If you are so for the wars in these places why not signed up and request being put on the frontline.

Sounds like you want America to stay a slave to the oil cartels. What is wrong with using alterative fuels. The sooner we stop having to rely on oil the better.
edit on 21-3-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I'm actually tired of correcting EVERYONE on this.

During the 2008 election. Obama wanted to INCREASE troop levels in Afghanistan, not end the war. Iraq, he wanted to end SLOWLY.

Really!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Sounds like you want America to stay a slave to the oil cartels. What is wrong with using alterative fuels. The sooner we stop having to rely on oil the better.

Sounds like ?

Did I say anything of the sort ?

NO.

SO what is wrong with alternative fuels ?

First thing is this:

I do suggest people actually watch the video. It is rather enlightening.

They would find out things like the current alternative energy crowd doesn't have one original thought among them.

The only thing they are doing is recycling the same old ANTI business dogma they have for over 100 years.

So the 'oil' cartel is soooo passe !

Hell create a NEW ONE !.

Oh and foreign policy comes in to play since all that alternative energy crap isn't going to be made here.

IT is going to be made 10,000 miles away using fossil fuels. shipped here using fossil fuels.

All so people can pat themselves on the back thinking they 'saved the planet' ! ! ! ! !
edit on 21-3-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

For starters...Obama and his State Department lifted the sanctions, much tougher than we're seeing imposed by Obama now, on Russia that Bush put in place after Russia's Georgia incursion.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Agreed...and not a good trait to have in foreign policy.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The reason why America is the laughing stock of the world, which it has been for some time, is because you actually believe in your own bull#! Nobody else in the world sees you as the greatest country on the planet, but Americans do, and they like to tell everyone else. Here's a clue...blowing your own trumpet about any alleged greatness you perceive about yourselves, actually belittles that greatness you perceive...it is called having no class whatsoever!

You think your country and way of life is so great that you have to export it to other countries whether they want it or not...your style of democracy, no other but yours will do. To be honest, most of the rest of the world doesn't need your particular style of democracy, it has way too much integrity to want it. Not everything has a price, not everything can be bought, and money is not the cure-all for every problem.

Americans consider themselves as having the more freedoms than any other country, and the rest of the world falls about laughing. Afterall, how do you judge this having more freedom than any one else? What freedoms does an American have that other Western peoples don't have? What equivalency is missing?

The American self-belief is an illusion, it's not real or realistic, and fortunately, there are some Americans who do perceive this, but the vast majority prefer the illusion, and while this holds sway, you'll remain the world's laughing stock. I hope one day you will come to your senses, but I won't hold my breath.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Awesome post. You've hit the nail on the head. We are an egotistical bunch of blowhards!

To make matters worse. We know, each of us, that it's not just the American way that's best, but the Liberal or Conservative American way! And, to make matters even worse, we must denigrate and belittle and insult and vilify every one who disagrees with our own view of our own brand of American political greatness!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
They can laugh all they want thr US still runs it

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bkfd54

For starters...Obama and his State Department lifted the sanctions, much tougher than we're seeing imposed by Obama now, on Russia that Bush put in place after Russia's Georgia incursion.

I had to read that a few times to make sure you actually put those words in that order.

Proving once again that politics no longer ends at the water's edge, Republican leaders and many in the media have been lambasting President Obama's response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine. While the Washington Post editorial board charged that Obama's foreign policy is "based on fantasy," Senator John McCain and his Mini-Me Lindsey Graham (R-SC) called President Obama "feckless" and "weak and indecisive," an approach which "invites aggression."

Predictably, the memories of the administration's critics are short. After all, President Bush didn't roll back the Russian occupation of South Ossetia and Abkhazia after Vladimir Putin's battering of Georgia in August 2008. Bush didn't lead an alliance of the willing to isolate Russia, undermine its economy, mine the Black Sea, provide defense guarantees and rush American military supplies to Tblisi. Instead, Dubya simply denounced Moscow's reaction using much the same language President Obama is deploying now.

As you may recall, Georgian shelling of the South Ossetian capital on August 7 and 8, 2008 started what an EU report later concluded was an "unjustifiable" war. (On the 9th, GOP White House hopeful John McCain first declared "we are all Georgians now.") With Russian forces pounding Georgia troops, President Bush on August 13 declared, "To begin to repair the damage to its relations with the United States, Europe, and other nations, and to begin restoring its place in the world, Russia must keep its word and act to end this crisis." Two days later on August 15, Bush anticipated by almost six years John Kerry's line that "You just don't in the 21st century behave in 19th century fashion by invading another country on completely trumped up pre-text."

www.dailykos.com...#

But yea, he was so much tougher.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

You come back at me with an editorial? Have you even research the sanctions that Bush imposed? He stayed on the fringe relatively quiet until the EU and NATO asked for assistance in sanctions?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bkfd54

Actually I did. The sanctions weren't huge. Not really like they would do any good anyway. You really can't do a whole lot to Russia. They barely made the papers cause they were pretty ineffectual. You had the same criticisms from pundits (he didn't do enough, let's go to war blah blah blah) but it's all for naught.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Better off going to this thread...www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

HauntWok

I'm actually tired of correcting EVERYONE on this.

During the 2008 election. Obama wanted to INCREASE troop levels in Afghanistan, not end the war. Iraq, he wanted to end SLOWLY.

Really!

Do a little more research before "correcting" someone.

Nice try though.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

neo96

Sounds like ?

Did I say anything of the sort ?

NO.

SO what is wrong with alternative fuels ?

First thing is this:

I do suggest people actually watch the video. It is rather enlightening.

They would find out things like the current alternative energy crowd doesn't have one original thought among them.

The only thing they are doing is recycling the same old ANTI business dogma they have for over 100 years.

So the 'oil' cartel is soooo passe !

Hell create a NEW ONE !.

Oh and foreign policy comes in to play since all that alternative energy crap isn't going to be made here.

IT is going to be made 10,000 miles away using fossil fuels. shipped here using fossil fuels.

All so people can pat themselves on the back thinking they 'saved the planet' ! ! ! ! !
edit on 21-3-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Hilarious you pick the most ignorant racist person to ever appear on tv to back you up. And your ignorance on alternative fuels shows you have done no research on the subject.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

~Lucidity
By starting more threads like this?

Seems to me that was a whole lot of regurgitated, disjointed, rambling verbiage just to try to say, "I blame Obama for everything."

edit on 3/21/2014 by ~Lucidity because: hate was too strong a word. maybe.

It's not to late to blame it all on Bush.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Hilarious you pick the most ignorant racist person to ever appear on tv to back you up. And your ignorance on alternative fuels shows you have done no research on the subject.

Hiarious is instead of countering what Archie said.

Throw out the race card that had absolutely jacksnip to do with what he said.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
As an non Ameeican I assure you people are relieved American pride takes one for the team. Suppose NATO does go to war, what for? So a people who want to be with Russia must stay with the Ukraine?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join