It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US can afford to spend millions searching for dead Chinease on a plane but not our Veterans?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

captb13
reply to post by Annunak1

American society is as long as reality tv rules the airwaves.

c'mon, again with this old untrue generality?......here's the ratings for shows for the 2012-2013 season....the highest rated show clearly indicates, that only 5% to 7% of the entire population of America (320 million) watch the MOST POPULAR SHOWS on television, the vast majority of TV programs are only viewed by a couple of million....
www.deadline.com...
that means that at any given time, approx. 95% percent of Americans ARE NOT watching TV at all. this stereotype has to go away. talk about denying ignorance, this is one place to start

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Montana

Which brings up an extremely important point

We are all human here, isn't this what many are constantly saying. No nation, no country, no borders, no racial divisions but only humanity?

I can't seem to place where exactly I've read that here in the myriad of threads with that premise.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Which means that Jesse Ventura is on to something that is good even if it is slightly unrelated.

First rule of life is to take care of family and the second is to consider the safety of your neighbours, whether one likes them or not. Vets took care of their families and neighbours, with the same qualification on likability. They did their job as they saw it and should receive an equal amount of care as a result.

The problems in how vets are treated, speaking as a Canadian for Canadian vets alone, is a shameful situation Canadians need to reckon with and until there's a loud outcry from the population, politicians aren't going to be motivated. We need to become active and force the issue at home, but not allow it to impact our missions abroad.

I think the same situation exists in America, fwiw.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

masqua
The problems in how vets are treated, speaking as a Canadian for Canadian vets alone, is a shameful situation Canadians need to reckon with and until there's a loud outcry from the population, politicians aren't going to be motivated. We need to become active and force the issue at home, but not allow it to impact our missions abroad.

I think the same situation exists in America, fwiw.

I wish I could applaud a MOD.

Agreed

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
In addition, there were (are?) three US citizens aboard. Don't they matter? How much money are they worth?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Assuming everything is just what it appears to be on the surface, it's always a sad day when people and countries don't help each other out when it comes to a human or humanitarian crisis. There are a lot of sad days. Some decisions are just easier and less questioned than others.

That being said, we should care at least as much if not more for our veterans. It's beyond shameful how we don't get it together in that area. And what's more shameful is that it's usually the very people who sent them to wars who don't want to pay the real price for those wars. They just want the profit, not the cost. As usual.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Montana

yes, good point. Just makes me wonder how many US nationals were on the flight.

pity the US didn't do more to help with the boxing day Tsunami in the bay of Bengal 2004. The Commonwealth provided the most aid.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Montana

oh I replied before I had read page 2.

3 US nationals... ok.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

one of the things that always stays in my mind is the doco made my Mike Moore...

can't remember what the title was called... Might have been 'Bowling for Colombine'?

anyway...in the doco, it showed the US Govt recruiting the young from low socio-economic areas... sad but true. Issue was, they were selecting young People to use for the war...and so I am not surprised to see the way they are treated when they return.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It's better that the military do something positive rather than do nothing. All the machinery is there anyway, and if I was an American maybe sitting on a rock in the middle of the ocean, it would be nice to think someone is gonna call by.

What you have going on is a seriously complicated operation between a number of nations working together, instead of gutting one another. This was a passenger plane that went missing, there were Americans, Malays, Chinese and others on board, not a big bad bogyman.

Very selfish to complain, under the circumstances.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Montana
In addition, there were (are?) three US citizens aboard. Don't they matter? How much money are they worth?

The Airlines should foot the bill. You lose a plane you pay for the search. I am just saying what is going to end up happening is the US will end up indebting our grandchildren to pay for a search for a plane that individuals willfully boarded knowing the risk and Airlines willfully takes in profits of such a endeavor so let the Airlines and Country with most invested in the Flight pay for it. If we do not take a stand our leaders will just pay for everything without having any money to do so and further indebting out nation but at the same time we refuse to help our Vets, our Hungary and our sick. I am just sick of it. Not saying it is not a search that should happen just no on the backs of Americans. Let the Airline corporations pay a tax for future rescue operations.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The answer to all these problems. REMEMBER, REMEMBER, REMEMBER when it comes time to vote, vote in people who will address these problems. Don't just vote for the regular politicians. Change the hierarchy. But overall REMEMBER what these people in power now are doing.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

I agree with you. but your government is trying on the health care front. You should be mad at the fact that obama waisted more money on the obamacare website then they spent on this plane.

Your racist remarks dont help you at all.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

smurfy
It's better that the military do something positive rather than do nothing. All the machinery is there anyway, and if I was an American maybe sitting on a rock in the middle of the ocean, it would be nice to think someone is gonna call by.

What you have going on is a seriously complicated operation between a number of nations working together, instead of gutting one another. This was a passenger plane that went missing, there were Americans, Malays, Chinese and others on board, not a big bad bogyman.

Very selfish to complain, under the circumstances.

I completely disagree. Military sitting quietly training and not spending one extra dime that we don't have is better. You realize the cost of our military is likely the largest threat to the continuation of the United States? That means the amount we spend on our military IS the greatest threat to US national security there is. We collapse financially we are done. That would mean the US military itself defeated USA by causing economic collapse which really falls at the feet of congress who controls the money flow to the DOD, making our congress a threat to the National Security of the United States if economic collapse due to military spending is indeed in our future.

We can offer the Airlines and other countries the assistance of our advanced technology but THEY should pay for it not add it to our national debt.

edit on 21-3-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Xeven

I completely disagree. Military sitting quietly training and not spending one extra dime that we don't have is better. You realize the cost of our military is likely the largest threat to the continuation of the United States? That means the amount we spend on our military IS the greatest threat to US national security there is. We collapse financially we are done. That would mean the US military itself defeated USA by causing economic collapse which really falls at the feet of congress who controls the money flow to the DOD, making our congress a threat to the National Security of the United States if economic collapse due to military spending is indeed in our future.

We can offer the Airlines and other countries the assistance of our advanced technology but THEY should pay for it not add it to our national debt.

Well, since your thread headline singled out Chinese..as if, why don't you go on a Chinese forum and tell them the same thing since Ghina's deployment is massive, 10 ships, aircraft and god knows how many satellites, so go on, tell them how much its costing them...and see what they say.

This search BTW is training, at the very least.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Xeven
reply to post by buster2010

True but we know we have Navy ships, subs and very expensive to operate Aircraft in the search. Not only that but I imagine our CIA, FBI and other agencies are spending millions as well. We will eventually know the cost to us.

You DO realize that disaster relief is part of the military's mandate right? Did you disagree and demand our ships back when we sent aid to Haiti too?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
why didn't they just go pro
and hire some vets

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Wow selfish and heartless. No wonder the worlds going to help in a handbasket. Sounds like you got the government you deserve.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
where is glorious Russia in all this? They sent any ships? Provided any satellite data? Oh wait that is right Putin is to busy annexing land to the motherland to help his ally, the Chinese, find their missing people.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

US can afford to spend millions maybe 100's of millions searching for dead Chinese on a missing plane, but not our Vets or starving families or health care?

They can do that because that is a different Budget than helth care for Vets.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join