It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US can afford to spend millions searching for dead Chinease on a plane but not our Veterans?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
US can afford to spend millions maybe 100's of millions searching for dead Chinese on a missing plane, but not our Vets or starving families or health care? I am so sick of the leaders of the country no matter what party is in there. We continue to pump money overseas with nothing in return while turning our backs on our own people. This is traitorous behavior on the part of our government against the people of the United States. I want our government to cease searching for this plane for simple reason we do not have money to do it. I do not allow you to use my tax income for such purpose. Let the Chinese fund it.

Search could cost 100's of millions.

The search for Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 is likely to cost far more than the most expensive of previous aviation investigations that include an estimated $39 million needed to sort out the Swiss Air flight that crashed in Canada in 1998, one expert said.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Because the US doesnt care about us Veterans. We've served our country and gotten out of the military, we are useless to the gov now.
edit on 21-3-2014 by captb13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

captb13
Because the US doesnt care about us Veterans. We've served our country and gotten out of the military, we are useless to the gov now.

Actually we vets are still used by the government. They label us potential domestic terrorist and DHS uses that to get budget increases.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Xeven
US can afford to spend millions maybe 100's of millions searching for dead Chinese on a missing plane, but not our Vets or starving families or health care? I am so sick of the leaders of the country no matter what party is in there. We continue to pump money overseas with nothing in return while turning our backs on our own people. This is traitorous behavior on the part of our government against the people of the United States. I want our government to cease searching for this plane for simple reason we do not have money to do it. I do not allow you to use my tax income for such purpose. Let the Chinese fund it.

Search could cost 100's of millions.

The search for Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 is likely to cost far more than the most expensive of previous aviation investigations that include an estimated $39 million needed to sort out the Swiss Air flight that crashed in Canada in 1998, one expert said.

The article really doesn't say that America is paying the bill for this search. He just talks about how much the cost could be.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

True but we know we have Navy ships, subs and very expensive to operate Aircraft in the search. Not only that but I imagine our CIA, FBI and other agencies are spending millions as well. We will eventually know the cost to us.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

That would be why I couldnt get a concealed carry permit here in Texas then...

I knew it had to be something like that since I dont have a criminal or psych record.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Same here in The Netherlands. They don't want to fund their own people but it's ok to send millions to afghanistan and sh*t.
I stopped caring because it won't change untill the people change, but everyone is to busy watchin their favorite soap on tv. FFS society is FUBAR

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

edit on 21-3-2014 by Splodge because: wrong, so, so wrong.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Agreed

It doesn't state the US will foot the 100s of millions bill for the search alone or at all. There are quite a few countries involved, some more so than the US.

edit on 21-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Annunak1

American society is as long as reality tv rules the airwaves.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

why the hell is the US spending that kind of money looking for a plane that isn't theirs?

seems odd.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yeah well those probes you see them dropping out the back of those US C-130's, P3's etc...ain't cheap.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Xeven
True but we know we have Navy ships, subs and very expensive to operate Aircraft in the search.

All of which would either be in training in the area or on active watch again within the region anyways. Might as well put them to work trying to help the surviving families find closure.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

US can afford to spend millions maybe 100's of millions searching for dead Chinese on a missing plane, but not our Vets or starving families or health care?

The media is spending more, isn't it? Thats to distract us from what all our soldiers are doing around the world.

Good job, assholes.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Thurisaz
reply to post by Xeven

why the hell is the US spending that kind of money looking for a plane that isn't theirs?

seems odd.

they'll just term it a 'humanitarian effort' and that'll make any dissenting 'views' seem, well ... unfeeling, uncaring, inhumane.

UnAmerican, even

edit on 3/21/2014 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

When military goes operational the training money stays with the Force in question and new funds are appropriated to support the "Operation". Its just the way the system works which means the Force in question is double dipping when they go into a real world operation from a training stance.

At some point the DOD will petition congress to pay for this operation outside pre determined training funds that are already allocated. Which ultimately means your great grand children will pay to find the dead people on this missing plane.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well . . . If'n you had stored in your stomach a whack of gold destined for offshore purposes, the gub-mint would take a great deal of interest in finding you.

But, since your stomach is probably empty . . . both figuratively and literally . . . you ain't worth spit to them.

Remember Kennedy's ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country line of horse squattings . . . that's the way it always has been and the way it always will be.

Kennedy just whispered nice things in your ear while he was behind you havin' at it.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
ATS

US military killing people
BAD

US military helping families find closure after tragedy
BAD

US military spending money on search instead of on US military vets who killed and at times helped families find closure in these types of situations
BAD

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I am not saying there should not be a search effort I am saying the bill should not be paid by American tax payers. Instead the Airlines should foot the bill. Lets spend the money buying some vet who lost his leg a new car that is fitted to make him able to drive it instead or feed some children who did not eat for the last 2 days here in USA.

We cannot afford to fund all good causes just because they are good causes.

edit on 21-3-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I guess I would rather have the Navy and Air Force doing this than simply running around drilling holes in the water (and air). As has been said, the resources would be in the area anyway. If your family was on board an TWA flight that went missing next to China and the Chinese just shrugged and said "not our people" you would be seriously b##hurt over it I think.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join