It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your TV, computer, cell phone and all other electronics were taken away forever, how would you re

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

I would move back to where my parents live so that I can take care of and check on them regularly. After that it would be easy without those other distractions. I would read a book, find a hobby, plant a garden, enjoy nature, learn to play an instrument, and enjoy face time in conversation with good people.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Honestly I would go a bit crazy. Then after a while, Im sure I would make it outside again (out of bordem, like when we were kids) go hiking enjoy nature that sort of thing. I would probably lose weight as well.

I think maybe that is the sort of change we need?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
We would do great! Our life revolves around the garden, the animals, friends, and music. The only technology my 9 year old has is wii, and he rarely plays it. I think it would be sweet sweet freedom! I am only on the internet because I feel obligated by so many things, I LOVE this site, and a few games, but I would thrive without it! We don't have a cell phone, just a landline etc. no cable, no dvds etc.

I was a late comer though. I never was even on the net until 2004.

Just adding..... I actually am thinking of cutting off the net when we move and just using free wifi here and there once in a while.

I had no internet for 8 months on an island last year, I didnt mind at all!

edit on 21-3-2014 by hidingthistime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
There is one factor that would make me go a bit wacky, as it would everyone......money, everything is computerized now if it all shuts down in an instant, we would all be in deep sh...... Not becasue I am materialistic, but we would need it to purchase food (if there is any left after the looters have passed in stores).

I find it funny reading all these replies. I dont mean that as an insult because I am on the same page as all of you. We (incl me) all say roughly the same thing...enjoy nature, bla bla......read more, bla bla ........ spend more time with family, bla bla.....Do what we used to as kids (for the one that remembers life "without the internet"). Why dont we just kick ourselves in the bum and do it?!? Because we're addicted to tech!

I am 34 yo and I remember that, as a kid, My mother would have to drag me into the house rain or shine.....I was always outside...ALWAYS! Now not even half as much as I should be.

A part of me really would like for something like this to happen because this generation is getting extremely lazy and if would be in everyone's interest (in the long run, after withdrawl phases passed).

Dont get me wrong though, I also feel it's convenient to be able to find information so fast and at the tip of our fingers. But in school, I got my butt to the library and did my school research in books and worked for many hours transcribing the info. Now you just google, copy, paste then print...the sad part is that this way people dont retain as much info....

I would likely go into withdrawl as well as everyone because I use these techs as much as the next guy, but I would get over it fast enough (I think
)

I would really really miss Hockey night though!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sn0rch

"Taken away forever" does not mean the same as a short term power outage. BIG difference.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I practically live without those amenities anyways, and I'm fairly used to and happy to be away from technology any day of the week. Love me some Camping.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

VoidFire
I practically live without those amenities anyways, and I'm fairly used to and happy to be away from technology any day of the week. Love me some Camping.

Does camping for the rest of your life appeal to you?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Without all this technology we need warm relationships to fill the void. And we need to become used to silence which is what our ancestors spent much of their lives in. When I meditate, the silence is pure and very enjoyable.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Yes.. Yes I would, especially out at my Nan's cabin, no electricity, a wood stove, the garden, fishing. mmmm yes. Not to mention starry clear nights good for star gazing.
edit on V20142922March29Sat, 22 Mar 2014 00:29:37 -0500America/Chicago by VoidFire because: Grammar

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidFire

Sounds good to me!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

droid56
reply to post by VoidFire

Sounds good to me!

Yes, I would move to Newfoundland just for that reason, and lots of friendly neighbours too that are willing to help one another where my Nan lives. Lots to hunt, harvest and scavenge food-wise as well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join