It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Anchor suggest Malaysian Flight Swallowed by Black Hole

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSource

Yeah, this.

He was answering viewer questions via twitter and at the end tried to cover the bases on the more far out theories being tossed about.

They aren't HIS theories and he seemed downright sheepish even suggesting it to the panel of "experts ".

Mind you..two weeks straight of "breaking news" on a story with no new developments has broken the news. LoL!

But it's funny to me that ATS - of all people/places -would be mocking someone asking about a highly speculative theory.

Pot meet kettle.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

SixX18
Lets just say it crashed, so all these theories are crazy! Whether its laying at bottom of ocean or in a hanger somewhere, people need to stop making up crazy theories in which never anything like such has happened, or will happen. Think logically here.

Logically a jet airliner with 240 people on board wouldn't disappear without a trace. When they don't find anything, these crazy theories have to be considered.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

No, they don't. The ocean is a really big place. It really is that simple.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
A: I love how she just so matter-of-factly states it:
No way guis, a small black hole would devour the entire universe
the entire thing!
Can't argue with that. Science, you got nothin'.

Also; the movie Lost?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

I love how that woman just completely cuts/shoots him down but nicely and with reality

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Don Lemon is a Lemon.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Unexplainable things tend to breed two things: religions and conspiracy theories

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
It's the current state of MSM science journalism. As in, totally void of any content.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
If Black Holes do exist (they might just be "grey" holes), we would already see its effects if it ate the plane. It would grow and grow to the infinity, very fast also. People would wonder why sea levels are falling as Black Hole drinks all the water. Nearby people would wonder why time runs so slow relative to outside world-

And those mini black holes LHC creates decay so fast, that we are not able to see them. In theory at least, as Hawking radiation, only radiation emitted by black hole, escapes from it. Those black holes have so tiny mass that it doesn't take long.

But we don't know anything about Black Holes actually, no one has ever seen one. There are theories that there is Black Hole in center of every galaxy, but they are just theories.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Can we bring the black hole back and feed it Piers Morgan & Nancy Grace. Oh & Don Lemon, & the entire Fox broadcasting crew & affiliates.
edit on 21-3-2014 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLotLizard

There are thousands of black holes that pass through the earth every day. They are microscopic and are often called primordial black holes. They are believed to be created when the Big Bang happened and are nowhere near the size of an astrophysical black hole.

Nice theory.

You could check it with a compass if you like. If these things were around like you say then the needle should swing wildly.

Let me know.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by game over man

No.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

A small black hole would suck in our entire universe.

"Small Black Holes?" I didn't know there was such a thing. The implication I guess, that it would eat the plane and stop there instead of devouring the earth… the moon… the Sun.

I guess they are running out of ideas (thank you very much).

Why not believe this??

After all most of the audience of programs like this believed that two airplanes brought down three buildings perfectly into their own footprint at close to free fall speed...

so sure why not Black holes??

In fact why don't just say that actually the plane is still our there and it is us that have disappeared... i'm sure I could come up with a relativity proof too!!

Korg.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Why not believe this??

After all most of the audience of programs like this believed that two airplanes brought down three buildings perfectly into their own footprint at close to free fall speed...

Now you've done it. What if Black holes in the basements is what brought the towers down? YouTube is going to crash from all the Black Holes in its servers.

Are you happy now? You just started a whole new genre. Right up there with Arctic UFO Nazi Bases.

I hope you're proud of yourself.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

game over man
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't tiny blackholes appear during CERN LHC tests? I think wormhole anyway is what the anchor meant.

I agree.

When I watched this segment on CNN, I thought, "Doesn't he mean "wormhole"?

Event thouh I don't necessarily like CNN nor Lemon, I did appreciate him being the only MSM anchor to approach the subject in a manner to be actually be thought about, instead of a comical one.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

intrptr

Why not believe this??

Now you've done it. What if Black holes in the basements is what brought the towers down? YouTube is going to crash from all the Black Holes in its servers.

Are you happy now? You just started a whole new genre. Right up there with Arctic UFO Nazi Bases.

I hope you're proud of yourself.

LoL...

That would explain why they came down so neatly.... and perhaps the planes were not flown into the trade centers... they were sucked in by the huge gravitational well caused bu the black holes...

I mean seriously... I know this event of a missing plane is a mystery but do we really have to abandon our scientific knowledge to satisfy our thirst for an answer??

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

scubagravy
This is why news anchors should never bend over

Why? Because we'll see their mouths?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It is amazing to see so many comments on the news and around the web claiming it was aliens, a black hole or a sudden explosion. The same site (CNN) also had a story that the plane made a sharp turn in the wrong direction to the original flight path AFTER the captain signed off to controllers. Meaning the turn was deliberate and pre-programmed before the plane took off - removing any doubt that something catastrophic and sudden happened (such as a black hole).

New evidence in flight 370 search

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

That would explain why they came down so neatly…. and perhaps the planes were not flown into the trade centers… they were sucked in by the huge gravitational well caused bu the black holes…

You may have something there. What if there are black holes that only eat planes? That might help explain Flight 19, Amelia Earhart…

I mean seriously… I know this event of a missing plane is a mystery but do we really have to abandon our scientific knowledge to satisfy our thirst for an answer??

Hard to behave "seriously" about this one. Given the "news'" copiers that produce such drivel and the people that eat it up… Wait! Is there perhaps a huge consciousness black hole out there made of ignorant minds that gobbles up all this BS and just keeps gobbling???!

Thanks for the comedy relief. Nice exchange…

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by TheLotLizard

There are thousands of black holes that pass through the earth every day. They are microscopic and are often called primordial black holes. They are believed to be created when the Big Bang happened and are nowhere near the size of an astrophysical black hole.

Nice theory.

You could check it with a compass if you like. If these things were around like you say then the needle should swing wildly.

Let me know.

Why do you even suggest that you can detect a black hole with a compass? I would expect the vast majority of them having a magnetic field being at most the strength of a refrigerator magnet.

These are extremely tiny having the mass to produce an event horizon maybe a little larger than an atom. If it were to hit you at about the speed of a comet it would only have the time to create minimal damage acting as a capillary only being able to pull in a couple atoms at a time. You wouldn't knotice or feel it. But most are even smaller than that down to Planck mass where it will stop absorbing matter and is then considered a weakly interacting massive particle. Which can only interact with each other. They are undetectable invisible and don't even produce an electromagnetic field.

Now if there were a sizeable black hole to hit the earth, the only way to detect it is through acoustic or seismic instruments.

edit on 21-3-2014 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join