It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The book of Enoch was the source of the biblical angelic names Michael and Gabriel.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The Devil is working relentlessly to corrupt God's Word, as he has been doing since the Garden of Eden, when he caused Eve to doubt God's Word.

The Book of Enoch Teaches Heresy. The Bible never mentions an angel named Phanuel, let alone an angel who is set over the repentance of those who inherit eternal life. What blasphemy! That statement in itself contradicts everything the Word of God teaches. We read in 1st Timothy 2:5 that Jesus Christ is the ONLY Mediator between God and men, not some angel named Phanuel... "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

Repentance is strictly between a man and Jesus Christ alone. Only Jesus died for our sins, and shed His blood to pay for them.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

lostinspace

Trollsmustdie
reply to post by lostinspace

How tall would you say Adam was?

The book of Enoch is not Gods word other wise God would have not left it out of his Gospel.

IMO, the book of Enoch is fraud, planted by none other than Babylonian masters and deceivers.

edit on 29-3-2014 by Trollsmustdie because: Word

I don't know how tall Adam was? Are you saying he was a giant?

As for Enoch being left out of the cannon on purpose, you have a point. There's just one catch. Jude quoted from the book of Enoch and God allowed the book of Jude to exist in the cannon.

Do think Jude should have been left out?

Jude’s quote is not the only quote in the Bible from a non-biblical source. The Apostle Paul quotes Epimenides in Titus 1:12 but that does not mean we should give any additional authority to Epimenides’ writings. The same is true with Jude, verses 14-15. Jude quoting from the book of Enoch does not indicate the entire Book of Enoch is inspired, or even true. All it means is that particular verse is true. It is interesting to note that no scholars believe the Book of Enoch to have truly been written by the Enoch in the Bible. Enoch was seven generations from Adam, prior to the Flood (Genesis 5:1-24). Evidently, though, this was genuinely something that Enoch prophesied – or the Bible would not attribute it to him, “Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men…” (Jude 14). This saying of Enoch was evidently handed down by tradition, and eventually recorded in the Book of Enoch.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

IF the Book of Enoch were valid, composing well over 100 chapters, there should be numerous New Testament references to it; but there aren't. Although some people claim that the Bible quotes the Book of Enoch over 100 times, this is simply not true. Just as the Qur'an, the Book of Enoch borrows from the Word of God. In sharp contrast to the Book of Enoch, the New Testament often quotes the Book of Genesis.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Trollsmustdie

You make a good point about there possibly being a corrupting influence out of Babylon. I still find it strange that God all of a sudden allows angel names to be uttered in the book of Daniel. From the time of Moses angelic messengers refused to give their names or never offered them. I can understand why he originally did that. He didn't want humans worshipping the messengers. I can see the Catholic faith fell into that trap with the veneration of saints and accepting more angelic names into the fold. One would be Raphael from the book of Tobit.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Trollsmustdie
The sons of God are also known as the men that obeyed God.
The daughters of men were simply not godly women but daughters of the men
that had turn away from God.

That is twisted.

The aka "gods" in Genesis (the reptilians) were not
G-d but those that wanted to be as
God. The New Testament clarifies this.
The "brazen snake" of moses, and ritual sacrifices of the tribal lords
are the mention of those aka gods.
The one God of the NT is not the same gods as written in the torah.
Tribal leaders who became the 1rst kings/monarchs intended to over
rule the God of creation and become like him.
And that is the main reason they tricked Eve to breed with the reptilian
to produce a ruling race of canaanites/cone-heads.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

First thing that comes to my mind is lean not on your / my own understanding.

5 years after king Solomon passed, things got pretty ugly. Solomon had wives whom worshiped pagan gods. God would have been upset.

Who knows who placed what books Where. My guess is the victors. They took the lot, burn the temp and who knows what else they did. Apparently in the wall carvings God was given a wife.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

ToneDeaf

Trollsmustdie
The sons of God are also known as the men that obeyed God.
The daughters of men were simply not godly women but daughters of the men
that had turn away from God.

That is twisted.

The aka "gods" in Genesis (the reptilians) were not
G-d but those that wanted to be as
God. The New Testament clarifies this.
The "brazen snake" of moses, and ritual sacrifices of the tribal lords
are the mention of those aka gods.
The one God of the NT is not the same gods as written in the torah.
Tribal leaders who became the 1rst kings/monarchs intended to over
rule the God of creation and become like him.
And that is the main reason they tricked Eve to breed with the reptilian
to produce a ruling race of canaanites/cone-heads.

OK... Backing out slowly

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Trollsmustdie

I'm beginning to wonder if the introduction of the angelic names is a corruption to the bible. Just with the mention of the angel Gabriel we have Islam validating the Quran through him. The Islamic faith naturally has a closer tie to the Babylonian religion in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Ham son of Noah, lineage of Babylonia people, Egypt till 885 BC, Assyria till 607 BC, Babylon till 536 BC, Persia till 332 BC, Greece 4 generals divide the kingdom till 63BC, Rome???? IMO still to this day.

No doubt corruption of the Word of God is attempted by many.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Yeshua would have died approx 30-36 ce. Like I said before 100 ce. Many thought to have been written before 70 ce. As there is no real way to confirm this, its kind of silly to argue numbers. The point was more they wrote them during the time of His ministry, as His disciples carried on much further down the road. They would have definitely known more than me. Maybe your gnosis is greater. I have to rely on what is available.

I don't know about how one would talk to Yeshua without prayer. And what the heck is channel woo woo? You lost me buddy. Be careful what you open yourself up to. Some things out there don't have your best interest at heart.

Stoning a man for not being a rabbi never happened. Stoning a man for never marrying never happened. As far as not being a traditional jew, I definitely agree with you there. He was the Son Of G-d. What they wanted to kill Him for, was He said some very interesting things about the high priests(pharisees) that shook the power system. Same thing would get you killed today, except substitute high priest with oil man or banker. Powerful folks don't like to let go of that power, even if it betters humanity in general.

Someone most certainly did invent gnosticism. In fact most of this modern gnosticism tends to be a hodgepodge of many different things, but all seem to draw heavily from Zoroastrianism. I have studied this as well. It is confusing. You can't take bits and pieces of everything into a huge collage, decorate it with egyptian symbolism, then say "Viola" while humming buddhist chants and painting cabbala geometry and whirling like a dervish. It's no wonder why people seem to be becoming confused. I want to clarify this is not meant to disrespect. I just don't see how that leads to anything but confusion. Ever seem to notice that the world we live in is so full with distractions? Yeshua said it would be that way. Want to find truth but gotta go to work. Wanna feel fulfilled but my bills are coming up. Want to love my neighbor but he keeps parking his car in my lawn. Anything but find the truth. This seems to be more of that. I found it. It is freeing.

And finally, Peter. There is a place in the Bible where it tells the story of a sinner who begins to wash Yeshua's feet with her tears and drying them with her hair. The men who were with Yeshua began to question His legitimacy as He was allowing a sinner to touch Him in this manner. Then He spoke in parable, which I'm sure you know. He then said, in summation: He who is forgiven much loves much in return. Peter is an amazing example of this. I hope I meet him one day. Clearly Yeshua's sacrifice saved me, and deserves all the praise. But what Peter did in his life glorified Him greatly, and is deserving of respect.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

vethumanbeing
Maigret
vethumanbeing

MaigretJust to clarify, what is 'the gospel given to us'? Is it the traditional Christian 'good news' of Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour?

VHBIt is all a lie and one overylay thoughtform OF MANY (nothing new as in 1000s of years in the trial form) that continues to perpetrate itself upon those humans that do not have the resourses or intelligence to distinguish fact from fiction.

MaigretYou're not answering my question... and your response doesn't make any sense to me.

Jesus never intended himself to be the Lord and Savior of Mankind. He never said so admitted to it and would be A 'Pauled' to see what has happened to his ministry (as in you think THIS was his message, nothing of the sort). The answer to your question is "NO" as Jesus did not write it, publish or distribute it in the form of "Christian Good News"; he wasnt a Christian himself so would be hypocritical in that intent (hindsight, foresight).
edit on 27-3-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

I only wanted your answer to that question to know how to answer you, because I don't believe in the Christian gospel of the good news of Jesus Christ either, but you'd mentioned the 'gospel given to us', so I had to clarify.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
(This post was intended for Noah's film thread, and this is the first and biggest thread that comes up in the search)

How many Tubal-cains of today there are, rich people who understand well we are approaching the situation similar to the Noah's Flood. Exactly as Tubal-cain understood that if Noah was correct, he Tubal-cain wants to be Inside the ark.

I wonder why don't those modern Tubal-cains make room for their own salvation, buy their own ticket in the whatever rescue is provided by God. They should have realized by now, that it is Noah and the people like Noah of today, the poor, God-fearful people who know God's ways, whom is granted the key to the salvation. It would be wise for Tubal-cains to behave better towards those poor yet immensely important persons in the world, unlike the character in the movie. Perhaps those are some 140-150,000 or 300,000 at maximum who really understand what si going on. Check the viewers under major youtube videos with download of specific information regarding those matters. It doesn't mean the video is all correct. it means the thinking people are somewhere between 100 - 300 K at maximum. The world's salvation depends on those people. Usually, they are outcast from the "powerful of the day" as somewhat less successful. Let it be known, that they will decide the fate of Tubal-cains tomorrow, when the millionaires ask for a seat in the rescue vessels /whatever it is. Because the powers from above who permit all to happen, (be they anywhere close to the characters shown in the movie or not) know the real price of every human being, and who are those modern day Noahs.

edit on 17-2-2015 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Okay so Im intrested in reading this book Guy i Dont read much does any one suggest what book I should read???. It sounds interesting to me

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Calilove

Are you referring to the Book of Enoch?

Here's a link to a translation by Richard Laurence from 1883.

www.sacred-texts.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join