Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

SOL 574 Mars Anomalies NASA Pic Reveals Statue

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This is the weirdest paralaxe i ever put my eyes on. If paralaxe at all, of course.

Interesting to say that not only the "puppet" in that landscape is odd, but the other details surrounding the strange "object" are weird and appear, lets say, displaced.

Here you can see the video of the person who points the issue out.

Here the entire picture

Here the spot in question:

Sources?
Raw Image
Nasa
Youtube user

Maybe it will be interesting to another eyes too. Peace.

edit on 20-3-2014 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Without watching the vid, but having been active on the Mars anomalies thread, that's obviously a rock. Do a zoom in and you will see the pixel's are very large, so it's already distorted. I will watch the vid just for the entertainment value, but when you do this kind of stuff for awhile things like this seem easy to categorize. There are much better things being discovered every once in awhile at the thread.

EDIT: I could only watch five minutes of the vid and had to get away. The most interesting bit to me is the "T" square thing, lots of these type of shapes have been found in the past few months. Much of what the guy is pointing at are JPEG photo artifacts. I once thought I found a perfect skeleton on Mars, and it was JPEG distortion. Things like this give other threads and discoveries a bad reputation-by-proximity.

The "skeleton" I was ga-ga over when I was young and inexperienced (in early January). This is the kind of thing JPEG distortions can do:

edit on 20-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by RUSSO

Without watching the vid, but having been active on the Mars anomalies thread, that's obviously a rock. (no reason given)

Well.. i disagree about the word "obvious"...

To my eyes:

edit on 20-3-2014 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Point taken, and not as obvious as the other. A well worn type of rock is a good way to describe it, worn by water and windblown sand (this entire area was once under three miles of water, at the bottom of Gale Sea). It can make some really great shapes sometimes.

The fun of "working" on these threads is that you get to ride along on the Rover on a daily basis. I wish we had a good geologist on site to ride along with us, as well as other professionals (mental and otherwise). But isn't it fun to speculate! Then, when you get things which fit (quite a few things which look very much like marine biological fossils have turned up, for example) into the class that I call "a one-percent chance of being a past life form", that's the thrill of the hunt! But alas, we will never find out, because the darn Rover passes them by, and it isn't outfitted to test for past life. Not it's mission. A star and flag for great enthusiasm, and for having fun while doing it!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
It looks like mars has a lot of basalt

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Glad to see you again here on ATS, my friend!

Very interesting anomalies.

S&f.

Have a look at my previous threads on mars anomalies

And say "hallo" to "Zorgon the Knight" by me

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Not just a Statue,

but also multiple T-frames! 2 mins in

Wouldnt be surprised if crowdshare finds an A-frame or vehicle next

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Interesting, the YT author's brush with a 'black suv':

RUTHSEEKER2 hours ago

Something very strange happened this morning I was driving on a local highway rt46 in my town and a black suv cut in front of me then after a bit just slammed on his brakes I had to skid into the next lane and almost wrecked at a high speed I have never had anything like that happen to me I just want it out there it was a black range rover tinted I was so nervous I could not get a plate but I remember there was like 2 numbers and a letter but I could be wrong ,if it has anything to do with my channel well try again and im coming to get you .and today I tried 4 times too upload this video and 3 times it just disappeared never had that happen just a strange day I had to get this off my chest.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I see quite a few blotchy spots that look like image obfuscation right on what looks like objects that are now hidden by whatever tool it is they are using. There are a few and the blotch continues on through a few places where it shouldn't have.

That "makeitlooklikearock" tool that NASA uses is pretty cool.

Mars (looks) like it is a wasteland of deteriorating relics from a past civilization, just by looking over as many images in one sitting as possible.
The golden disk thing embedded in a oblong rock recently released was convincing, unless that image was just a planted fake..

If you look at all the small stuff in this OP images, it does look like things that shouldn't be there in nature for some reason.. Whenever I look at these images, I get a little creepy feeling about them for some reason.

Looks like I am one of the minority that sees a lot more than rocks in some of these, and I'm trying not to and don't have a desire to see anything, it is just there to see. But since I can't really do much about it except reveal unwittingly to everyone else I should be admitted to some facility for evaluation, I'll just shut up about it... Ohhh.
edit on 21-3-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
it looks more like vegetation to me
The hole in the large boulder is interesting..

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
A: i don't think i could, in good faith, give any credence to the "statue" claim
given that in the context of the larger image, it appears to be, what, a foot tall? absolute maximum?
a very small statue at any rate.
also the way it exhibits no undeniably statuesque features, just a lot of eroded and potentially random form...

i will give you this, though: the erosion is very interesting.
Especially when you take into account the nature of every other rock in that area.
There's something.... unique[?] about it it.
But then, we see that in nearly every martian rockscape.
Personally i'm still holding out on the unbelievably ancient ruins of civilisation theory
but that is far more hope than anything solid right now.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

SecretKnowledge

Have to say I am repulsed by your avatar. But I agree it does not look like a rock. Lots of kewl stuff up there.

Let's just pray they release everything..

The Bot

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

dlbott

SecretKnowledge

Have to say I am repulsed by your avatar. But I agree it does not look like a rock. Lots of kewl stuff up there.

The Bot

First-up, what's wrong with his avatar? Seems pretty cool to me.

On the issue of the OP, the small figure in the picture is interesting. We do need an alternative angle though.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Who says it's a statue??? It's quite clearly a tiny martian peeking over the rocks at us.

The blurred splotches is just the heavy jpeg compression JPL seem to insist on applying.
It would be nice to see the uncompressed (or only slightly compressed) images.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

who let you out of the dogs home ?

a waving rock .. kinda reminds me off the one the boffs found on the sciency forum

good to see you on the hunt frood

funBox

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hey don't forget my sphinx!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I like your image...I do not know if I want to see for the sake of seeing it given the smoothness of every other rock in its area..
But sure look like my buddy here -

Thank you for taking the time to post!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

dlbott

SecretKnowledge

The Bot

Repulsed by my avatar?
When you eventually get down off your high horse, try find yourself a sense of humour

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoSpace

What was the point of even commenting?
Now if you're met with an equally rude reply you'll be the sensitive victim.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join