It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vietnam sentences banker to death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Isn't this a turn of events? A criminal of the worst sort gets the death penalty, a corrupt banker. Now if we could only apply this to those responsible for things like foreclosure fraud, LIBOR and commodities manipulation here by the US banks things might improve for Main Street.

Vietnam sentences banker to death, debtors get life in grand scam

A court in the Central Highlands on Thursday gave the death sentence to a Vietnam Development Bank (VDB) executive and several life sentences to others involved in a hundred-million-dollar scam.

The defendants had taken advantage of credit privileges given to exporters to fake documents and borrow more than VND2 trillion (US$94.88 million) from VBD’s Central Highlands branch for Dak Nong and the neighboring Dak Lak Province, as well as Nam A bank at its Hanoi branch, and the Ho Chi Minh City-based Orient Commercial Bank.

Vu Viet Hung, 57-year-old former director of the VDB branch, was punished on three charges - a death sentence for taking bribes in the form of a BMW car worth 3.2 billion in late 2009, a life sentence for fraud, and 20 years in jail for violating lending regulations. His borrowers, Cao Bach Mai and Tran Thi Xuan, former directors of two local companies, both received life sentences on fraud and bribery charges.

Good riddance to bad bankers. Normally I am not in favor of the death penalty but this case is an exception to that rule. My question to ATS, is corrupt banking a capital offense in your opinion?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Go Vietnam!

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
US bankSers laugh their A## off over this, no doubt!

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
same guy?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eliuk

same guy?

Not sure.

The video guy seems like an engineer as opposed to a development banker. Also seems younger.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Severe penalties for white collar crime and banking fraud are the right thing to do (death might be a tad extreme), but you will never see it happen in the west. These guys would be spending a few months to a couple years in a white collar minimum security prison on some prime beachfront property if they were Americans. Just look at the dumont heir that just got a slap on the wrist after he admitted to raping his 3 year old daughter as well as his son. Different crimes but the result is the same: obscene wealth = no consequences.

These scumbags don't play by the same rules the rest of us do because they are in bed with government (and ARE the government). That won't change until they are rounded up by force. They sure as hell aren't going to legislate themselves into prison.

Question for you OP:

Assuming you would like to see similar actions taken against fraudulent banksters in the west, how would you suggest going about it? Voting? Petitions? Picketing?

For myself, I know only one thing will work to stop these thieves, and we don't collectively have the nuts to do it because they keep giving us the crumbs off their table. If the crumbs quit falling they already have the systems in place to deal with the unwashed masses anyways. It's now or never, and I don't see us making a move in time. Especially when everyone is content posting duck lipped selfies on instagram and taking pictures of their friggen lattes while talking about the latest tweets from some vapid celebrity.

If I go rob a bank tomorrow I get 20 years (if I'm lucky). Some chump from JP morgan chase robs the taxpayers of trillions and he gets a raise, a bonus, and a vacation.

edit on 20-3-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Assuming you would like to see similar actions taken against fraudulent banksters in the west, how would you suggest going about it? Voting? Petitions? Picketing?

For myself, I know only one thing will work to stop these thieves, and we don't collectively have the nuts to do it because they keep giving us the crumbs off their table. If the crumbs quit falling they already have the systems in place to deal with the unwashed masses anyways. It's now or never, and I don't see us making a move in time.

Personally while I'd like to see high level banking crimes as a capital offense with penalties of the harshest type I believe you are right about it not happening. We already have crimes for fraud and such and it doesn't touch the vampire bankers at the top.

I do think there will come a time when the SHTF and we have a global reset that people will rise up in desperation and take matters into their own hands. We won't get all the criminals but hopefully enough to drive them underground for a while. Evolutionary wack-a-mole so to speak.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
death to banker ...good riddance....although a quick death is too lenient i would think a more inventive death like in the japanese concentration camps...death by bamboo

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
hah, figures us civilians died a more horrific death in japanese concentration camps than ruthless banksters

bizhub.vn...

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Bassago
Good riddance to bad bankers. Normally I am not in favor of the death penalty but this case is an exception to that rule. My question to ATS, is corrupt banking a capital offense in your opinion?

Depends on scale.

Racketeering like what's happening between Washington, Wall Street and the Central Bankers is absolutely death-penalty grade crime. They deserve a fair trial, followed by a rapid execution.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This is the way it should be when you ruin people's lives. The foreclosure frauds in the US should have had a few heads in the noose but what happened? Freedom and more of the people's money. Such a corrupt Country.

Take a lesson from Vietnam I say.

Peace

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Here in America we reward them.
They take massive bets and we bail them out.
They break the law and we throw paltry fines at them instead of prison time. Fines so small that the reward is greater even if they get caught.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I'm against death sentences simply because too many innocent people have been murdered!
However, people in priviliged or powerful positions should certainly be held to account for their crimes, more so than the ordinary guy. Police for example!!! With them it seems to be the complete opposite of what it should be. Instead of being held to account they get a paid holiday!!

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Just so. Cops murder men, women, children or pets and get a months paid vacation. Bankers ruin thousands of lives, get a bonus, a raise and a stern *wink, wink* talking to.

But as our top cop Eric Holder admits US bankers are too big to jail.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
All I can say is 'Bout effing time!! Now allow me a moment in which to play out a fantasy where the rest of the world takes a leaf out of Vietnams book...All right, done, now back to the sad reality.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

is corrupt banking a capital offense...

Probably should be. 3 petty theft convictions = life in prison, so by the numbers, capital punishment for bank fraud seems barely fair.

F&S

edit on 20/3/14 by soficrow because: wds

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Death penalty - no.
Death sentence - yes.

Hard, hard labor ... with a voluntary transition to gladiator school upon request.. Refuse to work ... and your hand is coming off for the act of theft. Then, into the gladiator ring you go. I guarantee that's the fairest shake they deserve. Smart money says a soft banker is clever enough to work himself into good enough shape to have a fighting chance in the arena. He'll, if the mob cries for his freedom after ... let 'em walk.

LOL

The systems in place provide no assurance of 'justice' for the upper crust ... just for you and your kids if you get out of line.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Ah, you're a gentle soul to offer them such a chance.

Smart money says a soft banker is clever enough to work himself into good enough shape to have a fighting chance in the arena.

As for me I don't want them to have a chance. Those sneaky SOB's will find a way to weasel out of gladiator school and the arena. Probably using the money they stole from widows and orphans.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by Snarl

As for me I don't want them to have a chance. Those sneaky SOB's will find a way to weasel out of gladiator school and the arena. Probably using the money they stole from widows and orphans.

LOL. Where's the faith, brother? Remember me after you gain control. I've got that aspect of your administration in my hip pocket and you won't have to worry about a thing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join