It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military majik (wisdom teeth)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Funny, I actually have 3 pair of wisdom teeth. I'm pretty sure its commonly rare. I think its possible the military could use the teeth for some type of DNA experiment, and while theyre at it, they could just add something there. Its the military you never know.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

deadeyedick
First of all every new member is forced to have wisdom teeth removed and for good reason that involve deployment and rate of problems. Where are all the teeth?

This actually isn't true. They don't force everyone to remove them. What DOES happen, or at least when I was in, is that you will get dental x-rays in boot and they will fix what needs fixing. If you have cavities or rotten teeth, they start fixing that. If you've got "normal" wisdom teeth, they will leave them and re-evaluate later. If they're impacted, out they come.

Mine they left in for a while, but about year 3 my bottom wisdom teeth started giving me fits - they were pointing forward instead of upwards - and I got all four out.

One thing that probably contributes to the legend is that about the time you go to basic your wisdom teeth are starting to come in. So there's a coincidence in time there.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

No soldier can be deployed oversees and have wisdom teeth. It proved to be a real problem in previous wars. It was viewed as an excuse to get off the battle field. Mine were taken without any pain relief or numbbing. I found myself with a vise in my mouth and a nurse faking an injection of valume. I could not speak and was doing push ups 15 min after the surgery. We were given the option to get them removed or section 8

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

PaperMetel
I had my secondary molars removed and kept my wisdom teeth.
my third set of molars were in better shape I used to love chewing on ice unpopped popcorn seeds and frozen butterfingers ended up cracking 2 of them so when my dentist suggested I keep them I liked the idea. I mean seriously how many people do you know that still have them?

This is a good point. No matter the various reasons for removal the truth is that very few have them and as a whole we will never know if there is an unknown purpose in keeping them. It seems that more than one force is at work removing them from us. Now i wonder if the tooth feiry is in on this too.lol

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

deadeyedick
reply to post by Bedlam

No soldier can be deployed oversees and have wisdom teeth. It proved to be a real problem in previous wars. It was viewed as an excuse to get off the battle field. Mine were taken without any pain relief or numbbing.

They numbed the hell out of mine. Got the day off, and some oxy too. Which was good, you wouldn't have wanted me driving. Then again, they had to crack some of my bottom jaw loose back there to uncover the teeth and then stitch me up. I was spitting tiny bone chips for six months.

Also, if they wanted to take them in basic, if you pitched a big juicy fit you'd likely be released as unfit for duty, that's how they typically dump you out of boot, not a section 8.

edit to add: probably building Toothopolis...

edit on 20-3-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Depends upon which branch of the military.

In the US Navy, they tend to pull the wisdom teeth because unless you end up on a carrier, there is no dentist aboard the smaller ships.

This is also why the US Navy has their sailors keep on top of their dental health through dental appointments prior to a ship deploying to sea. Lack of a dentist on board most ships, and you end up with an abscess tooth is a major problem. They would have to medivac you off the ship to shore somewhere to get your tooth fixed.

Normally if you are young enough and your wisdom teeth are not crowning, they leave them alone. If they are impacted, out they come because of the seriousness that can cause.

As to what happens to the teeth? No one is keeping them if that's what you mean, as they are a biohazard technically.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

deadeyedick
No soldier can be deployed oversees and have wisdom teeth.

garbage, what is your source for that?

tuftsjournal.tufts.edu...

Liang and her colleague saw 20 to 25 patients a day, every day: U.S. soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines, civilian contractors and the camp’s maintenance workers made up the bulk of their patients. Because so many of their patients were between 18 and 25 years old—the age when wisdom teeth often start acting up—Liang and her colleague extracted many third molars

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

This actually isn't true. They don't force everyone to remove them.

When were you in the military? My husband was in the army and my ex husband was in the air force and both of them were forced to have their wisdom teeth pulled. The timeframe of each incident was years apart, and they were hounded about it until they had the extractions...literally threatened with UCMJ action if they did not comply. Both of them were told that every soldier was required to have their wisdom teeth removed and both of them told me that this was done as a preventative measure in case of deployment...a large percentage of people had infections in their wisdom teeth and rather than try to weed them all out, they simply made everyone get their wisdom teeth pulled. The first one was in 1991 and the last one was in 2010, so it's not like it was even remotely the same timeframe.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

I took out the trash on these facilities on Ft Carson. Med waste is a pathogen,nobody screws with it.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Not in the 80s and 90s I went to Korea with them intact in 86.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I managed to serve 4 years with a deployment, and I got out with my wisdom teeth intact. I served from 92-96, and I never heard of anything like this.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

cavtrooper7
reply to post by 999zxcv

I took out the trash on these facilities on Ft Carson. Med waste is a pathogen,nobody screws with it.

unless it was guarded 24/7 who knows what goes on when the sun goes down

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

All that material they could ever want they probably get from disappeared kids and cows at Dulce.They don't need to identify our DNA they just want to kill us.
Night is when we cleaned MPs were everywhere.
edit on 21-3-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I managed to serve 4 years with a deployment, and I got out with my wisdom teeth intact. I served from 92-96, and I never heard of anything like this.

Same. 89-94. I brush my teeth with baking soda and I never seen a dentist since I left the service. Why? Because every single dentist I ever saw expressed the tendency to tell me the same thing over and over "You should really get those taken out because they will bother you in the future." "Your'e not having problems now but they could start ingrowing and require major surgery."

All of those things those dentists said to me were wrong.

Here I am 44 with wisdom teeth that never bothered me once.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

deadeyedick
It seems like the teeth should be piling up somewhere. For anyone that knows or has seen bad things forced to happen through rituals and dna then you may be able to follow my thoughts. First of all every new member is forced to have wisdom teeth removed and for good reason that involve deployment and rate of problems. Where are all the teeth? A question for someone in the dark arts is what type of curses or power could be wielded over an individual using the wisdom teeth. It just seems strange to me that we call them wisdom teeth but remove them every chance we get. Is this part of the dumbing down of us?

Every military dentist I saw 89-94 gave me the following dental advice : "I would like to take out your wisdom teeth. Do you agree with me?"

I said no every time. But it seems like a lot of people said yes. Where are the teeth then? Do the military dentists have a competition to see how many wisdom teeth they can pull? Is it some kind of trick, or joke, or test?
edit on 3/21/2014 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

SayonaraJupiter

Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Same. 89-94. I brush my teeth with baking soda and I never seen a dentist since I left the service. Why? Because every single dentist I ever saw expressed the tendency to tell me the same thing over and over "You should really get those taken out because they will bother you in the future." "Your'e not having problems now but they could start ingrowing and require major surgery."

All of those things those dentists said to me were wrong.

Here I am 44 with wisdom teeth that never bothered me once.

Ironically, mine had to be removed two years later. The roots had started wrapping around my jawbone, causing really bad pain. However, I agree with you, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. And I sure as hell wasn't about to let army dentists touch my teeth beyond what was absolutely necessity.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

tigertatzen
reply to post by Bedlam

This actually isn't true. They don't force everyone to remove them.

When were you in the military? My husband was in the army and my ex husband was in the air force and both of them were forced to have their wisdom teeth pulled. The timeframe of each incident was years apart, and they were hounded about it until they had the extractions...literally threatened with UCMJ action if they did not comply. Both of them were told that every soldier was required to have their wisdom teeth removed and both of them told me that this was done as a preventative measure in case of deployment...a large percentage of people had infections in their wisdom teeth and rather than try to weed them all out, they simply made everyone get their wisdom teeth pulled. The first one was in 1991 and the last one was in 2010, so it's not like it was even remotely the same timeframe.

It's kind of eerie to hear other people with the same story. I was never threatened with discipline but there was definitely a "sales pitch" from the dentist about my wisdom teeth and he wanted to take them out, for my own good.

It might be part of their military dental training program to have them extract so many sets of wisdom teeth before they can rank up. I wonder if there are any former or present military dentists who can speak to this issue? Probably not.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

The sales pitch I remember quite well. They did really try to get people to do it, but unless the teeth were a hazard, no one was made to do it.

I sure as hell didn't let them take mine.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

tigertatzen

When were you in the military? My husband was in the army and my ex husband was in the air force and both of them were forced to have their wisdom teeth pulled.

The eighties.

IIRC I got my teefus removed in '83 just before Reforger/Able Archer, at Wiley Kaserne, Neu Ulm.

Maybe it has to do with where you got Basic, I went through Benning. Given the number of people in basic, you'd have had to have had every dental elf from the Island of Misfit Toys to pull all the wisdom teeth you'd have to have done. I can't actually recall ANYONE who got them knocked out in boot or AIT, but I wasn't really paying attention to it either.

I recall just having some sore gums in the back, couldn't figure out why, so I went to the base dentist. They got an x-ray and said "It's your wisdom teeth trying to erupt. The top ones are ok. The bottom ones are pointing forward instead of up, and they'll crowd your teeth shortly. You might as well get them all out before the exercise, it's going to require surgery to get the bottom ones, so we'll get with your CO and schedule it". For Army dentists, they were actually pretty good. I can't say it didn't hurt but it wasn't as awful as I expected.
edit on 21-3-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
i have 3 wisdom teeth and plan on growing one more. They are wisdom because the more wisdom you have, the more wisdom tooth's you will have.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join