It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I, Human

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

God made the human body. This body is so wonderful that no human made prosthetics can ever better the natural body.

So humans can make soulless robots. Androids will remain a dream.

The robots will never be capable of critical components of human body -> intuition and self-awareness.

Human mind is capable of wonderful imagination. It runs far ahead of reality. It is so because God made it so. We have these discussions because this imagination has taken root in popular culture, reinforced constantly by the elite that sees this as a tool of mind control.

People are constantly afraid of two things - of getting left behind, and a mortal fear; from technological progress. This fear feeds the elite and ensures their power base.

This is the reason 'Veda' has put 'Ishawar pranidhani' or unshakeable belief in God as the topmost virtue in humans.

Remove your fear of technology. Believe that God always rights the wrongs. It is not Androids that will deliver but the virtues.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

There is no denying it any longer
we are just entering a great time of innovative technological advancement

"we are just entering"

Sorry to say, but Wrong! Humanity has always been, from the beginning, interlocked in an ongoing struggle with technology. It is a brutal and abusive relationship. Lot's of blood gets spilled when technology comes into the picture.

But I will agree with you when you say "a great time of innovative technological advancement" because I believe that the tools that are available to us right now are the most awesome tools ever devised. The internet. Did we build it? Or did technology coerce humanity over the centuries into building an internet?

If the singularity was inevitable, would people try to stop it from happening?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Scarcity = things we lack...like...food, shelter, longevity, locomotion across long distances... All the things we cannot produce on the spot, but technology can bring. Because we do not have these things we fear for them, fight over them... Science and technology can assuage these fears... Immortality for example would remove the scarcity of longevity... Those nanobot blood cell sized robots would remove the scarcity of a need for non-invasive medical procedures...
edit on 22-3-2014 by Khurzon because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2014 by Khurzon because: wanted to reword more positivly.

edit on 22-3-2014 by Khurzon because: spelling

edit on 22-3-2014 by Khurzon because: added content

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

I have to agree with everything you said, except the robot part. Your taking a limited technological view of what could be possible.

The greatest machines ever built are the biological ones God created through evolution. The DNA being the cpu of that divine eternal machine. But we are the children of God and so like our progenitor are destined to build things...robots included, and although we may be constructing things at a 2nd grade cosmic tech level now...there is nothing to say that we will not improve upon that to a high level that may approach the complexity of the Cosmic Machine of Life...

Your Father may be older and wiser than you, but you will one day grow to be the same age as he was, even though he is still older and wiser, you will walk in his footsteps...

I follow three principles which are the root of many human virtues... Truth, Love and Courage... They are the driving force, IMHO of continued Human Progression into the infinite future...

We will get there God willing, and I'm still looking up...
edit on 22-3-2014 by Khurzon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Khurzon

a high level that may approach the complexity of the Cosmic Machine of Life...

We will get there God willing, and I'm still looking up...

I think I understand when you say "may approach" it means something like when a copy-machine makes copies of the original that those copies "may approach" the complexity of the CML... but it cannot ever be the original nor an exact duplicate.

In the case of a copy-machine, it's the information on the page that was important in the first place; the dimensions of the copy are unimportant, nor are the quality of fibers in the paper important.

I like the thought that the universe is a big copy-machine. A mechanic's dream! Humans are the mechanics and explorers within the machine, in my humble opinion!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Khurzon

I disagree with your belief of scarcity on earth .
We have enough food on this planet for all.We have enough shelter for all. We have locomotion across the face of the earth. The body is finite and was designed perfectly for its purpose by an intelligence beyond our understanding.
As there is no scarcity in any of the things you mention. It must be a fear of loss/death which science and technology cannot quell. Only wisdom and waking up to life can make you unafraid of death or stop fearing material losses and end greedy selfishness .
We have enough for all provided we share but we don't.
This greed, fear & selfishness has taken over much of humanity at this time including technology and science.
Present science or technology has not and cannot assuage fears, in fact it looks like it increases it.
Nanobot robots cannot provide a physical body (whose dissolution is certain by its very design ) with immortality.
There are so many lies from science media at the current time about the promised provision of immortality of the mortal body, people without an understanding or strong science background believe the inflated claims. At the current time no applied science supports the claims, it makes people imagine their body's immortality will be provided by science in the future.
So if you can accept this gift of being alive with gratitude , without fear & fear of loss in the future only then can you honor this existence. Its called being present.

edit on 22-3-2014 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2014 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

BDBinc
I disagree with your belief of scarcity on earth

who are you directing your reply to?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

SLAYER69

BDBinc
I disagree with your belief of scarcity on earth

who are you directing your reply to?

Khurzon -sorry that wasn't clear .

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
These coming decades are going to make or break technological innovation. There are millions of people all around the world and unimaginable resources being put into a variety of technology. I'm worried that other factors, catastrophes, wars, overpopulation, economic collapse, etc, will halt our path towards singularity before we see what the human race is truly capable of achieving. Hopefully not, of course.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
These coming decades are going to make or break technological innovation. There are millions of people all around the world and unimaginable resources being put into a variety of technology. I'm worried that other factors, catastrophes, wars, overpopulation, economic collapse, etc, will halt our path towards singularity before we see what the human race is truly capable of achieving. Hopefully not, of course.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeNautProject

My sentiments as well... Perhaps one day we will be able to feed all the starving people in the world...house them, cloth them...give them shoes...plumbing.

You know..the things that are "scarce" in many third world countries... We can hope...
edit on 22-3-2014 by Khurzon because: spelling

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Khurzon

There is no scarcity problem as the food production and resources needed are here on earth. The problem is greed.
We produce and have enough food in the world, some people have too much (and have food anxiety and eating disorders) while they have abundance.
Food resources are grown in "third world countries" are exported to people in "first world countries" people that have too much food, who then throw tons of it out leaving the countries they exploit without what they take from them . Do you have an idea of the amount of food wastage in the first world countries from food taken from third world countries, its adding insult to injury.
That idea of "ONE DAY" is today, today we could feed and house all the starving people in the world, the fact is we have no scarcity of resources its the distribution of food.
Thinking science and technology will somehow save third world countries from this current exploitation, not now, but only in the future makes no sense to me. Why /how would science in the future stop derivative trading and exploitation?
To fix a problem first you must understand it -there is no food scarcity- there is greed and exploitation that must stop.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Thanks for the latest tech update.
Love this topic.

My thoughts?
We as species are going to alter the process of natural selection
to a degree it will affect our survival as species.

Let me explain. There are two possible outcomes.
1. Happy end - the technology will stay with us forever and
natural selection will not be essential for the survival of humans.
2. Tragic end - this tech does a humane thing - it allows humans not fit
for natural selection without tech alterations to thrive and propagate.
This will mean the gene pool of human species will become less healthy.

The tech will have to compensate for the worsening gene pool.

in a tech dominated far away future there will be
a global cataclysmic disruption which will stop/minimize our ability to rely
on the human augmentation technology. The event could be anything resulting
in incapability to produce even the simplest technology, like glasses or ordinary
contact lenses.

Since there will be little to no healthy genes left to reproduce
the evolution will probably to the job she knows too well - the extinction of species.

------------

I hope it makes sense.

edit on 22-3-2014 by FIFIGI because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2014 by FIFIGI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Another stellar thread slayer, Sarif Industries would be proud.

But I have to ask; if you have a problem with an augmentation, do you see a doctor or a technician?

The way I see it these augmentations could eliminate the need for AI, one day in the future our brains could be united with computers, and we could essentially have our grey matter processing tasks in the background, like an operating system. You could be watching a movie and at the same time you could process expenditures, forecast profit margins, or whatever it it is your profession requires.

But it is dangerous territory from a moral or spiritual point of view. It's been proven that the internet has a detrimental effect on memories, who knows what a joint venture between man and machine could produce, we could become cold and clinical just like a computer.

I recommend reading Michio Kaku's 'physics of the future' it goes into great detail about the topics you've discussed in your thread, it was certainly an eye opener for me.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

Here is one writers thoughts on the subject. Michael Anissimov He seems to break it down pretty good.

I think brain augmentation is an interesting subject.
Does it mean a future of super-minded people who like some "Data" (android/cyborg) will have all the social and economic advantages over the natural human who might have a "scarcity" in memory and cognitive thinking when compared to them?

Will it matter in the ultimate end of this path where, much like a God or Demi-God you will know almost all or even ALL things, and have no "scarcity" of knowledge and mental ability whatsoever? Scary or sublimely relieving thought depending on the end disposition of said being...

It's too bad that in the here and now we only have a few modest advancements, and more of the "business as usual" crowd to stop the masses from knowing too much.
Unless you are rich and in the clique, all the "we can change things now" rhetoric isn't going to change a thing.. just a lot of hot air...

Ya, I think we need saving...don't see it happening by our hand...and that's here and now...
edit on 23-3-2014 by Khurzon because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2014 by Khurzon because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2014 by Khurzon because: added link

edit on 23-3-2014 by Khurzon because: spelling

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Bionics, Transhumanism, and the end of Evolution

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Bionics, Transhumanism, and the end of Evolution

There are people in this world who actively want this and they act toward achieving that goal. Are they just trying to escape this world? Is the world so bad they need to find a technological solution to escape it?

Immortality through technology seems very tempting. I'm sure a lot of people will want to do that. I'm not sure how that will work out when everybody is plugged into the Matrix. Who will monitor the machines then? Will machines monitor machines?

Then we are f**ked.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

I honestly don't know if it's nearly that bad but we are diffidently headed that way so it seems

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

-----Thread Update----

Scientists create ‘designer’ chromosome

PARIS : Scientists have created the first man-made chromosome for a complex-celled organism - a feat hailed Friday as a big step towards acquiring the controversial ability to redesign plants or animals.

A synthetic chromosome was inserted into a brewer’s yeast cell, which functioned as normal - the key test of success, the international team reported in the journal Science. “Our research moves the needle in synthetic biology from theory to reality,” said Jef Boeke, director of the New York University’s Institute for Systems Genetics, who was a member of the research team. Yeast is a closely-studied representative of the group of eukaryotes, organisms with complex cells that contain a nucleus and other structures enclosed within membranes. All plants and animals, including humans, have eukaryotic cells.

Chromosomes have previously been synthesised for bacteria, which are simpler, prokaryotic organisms. Yeast is used to make beer, biofuel and medicines, and researchers believe it can be made to work more efficiently with genetic modifications.
Boeke and his team unravelled the coding of one of yeast’s 16 chromosomes, then used software to make changes to it - removing repetitive and less-used regions.

They then built a synthetic version of this altered chromosome from scratch, stringing together individual nucleotides - the chemical building blocks of the genes that make up chromosomes, which in turn comprise the genome.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join