It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO on the Gold Coast of Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Just saw this interesting article about a recent UFO sighting on the Gold Coast of Australia.

Article comes with video and pix. Thought I would share it on here as its not too often I see news on UFO's in Australia.

Hit the link for the video, news story below, thoughts are welcome

www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au... -spookily-like-a-ufo-hovering-over-the-gold-coast/story-fnj94iqm-1226860258810

Chevron Island resident captures incredible footage that looks spookily like a UFO hovering over the Gold Coast: Chevron Island local Jack Purcell shot video of what looks very much like an alien spaceship flying through the sky near his home last Thursday night. He was in the front yard with his mother and friends when they noticed the object. “We were all just sitting out the front and my mum pointed to the sky and said ‘look at that colourful plane flying over’,” Mr Purcell said. “Then it came to a sudden stop and was just hovering there. So I ran inside and grabbed my video camera.” The footage showed the unidentified object flashing green, red, blue and yellow colours while hovering above central Gold Coast. Residents are seen walking out on to the street to get a glimpse of the object while a police vehicle later stops to observe. Mr Purcell said the police officers had to “call it in” with a police helicopter later flying near the area. “The police chopper would fly near it but then it would turn its lights off and disappear,” he said. “It was really strange. I was quite sceptical of these things but it just blew my mind.” YouTube comments suggest the flying object was a remote control drone helicopter, but Mr Purcell disputes the theory. “I’ve seen drone choppers and they’re not that big whereas this thing was huge,” Mr Purcell said. “It was really high in the sky too, I don’t think this one was somebody mucking around. “I have no idea what it was but in my guess I think it’s a UFO despite how crazy that might sound.” A spokeswoman for Gold Coast Police said no police helicopters were in the area when the object was first spotted. She said police were notified about the object but believe it was a radio controlled device. “Police believe it is a radio controlled device that was flying in the area and not a UFO,” the spokeswoman said. “If it was anything larger it would have been picked up by the air control radars.”

edit on 20-3-2014 by Light soul because: Some links didn't work, had to change

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Light soul

Still can't get link to work, hopefully this one will...

[url=http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/lifestyle/chevron-island-resident-captures-incredible-footage-that-looks-spookily-like-a-ufo-hovering-over-th e-gold-coast/story-fnj94iqm-1226860258810]

edit on 20-3-2014 by Light soul because: Link

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Try it now: Fixed Link

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

It looks from the lights like an LED lit kite something like these.

edit on 20-3-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Im here behind GC region . I had a helicopter fly over the house twice around 11 pm or later on Weds night . It was really strange because they just dont fly back here at night time . No lights on too , just buzzing the village .
The GCB link wont open for me .
We are reported to have strange lights that come in and out of the boarder rangers observed by the residents who live up those valleys .
Normally I would say it was those really annoying police drones they like to hover past your buildings , thus the police saying its a drone .
But if you say it was really large and that many colours , then maybe you do have a UFO

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Here's the video,
It looks like a toy drone with light artwork. I can't say much more, there are so many of these things now.

edit on 20-3-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Australia is a hot spot for ufo's. And Queensland has had many many sightings over the past few decades. It has also had some interesting possible ufo encounters, whereas the Science Channels "Unexplained Files" had a story about a disappearance of 3 men from a catamaran just off north Queensland Coast, that may have had a ufo contact, and that possibly were abducted as no trace of them has eve been found. There was a cup of coffee left sitting on the main deck, and a search of the catamaran said there had been no foul play suspected. There were also a couple of ufo sightings in the exact area of water where the catamaran was going. They also had a terrific show about a pilot who had an encounter not far from Melbourne I think it was in the 1970's who came in contact, repeatedly with a ufo in air. The pilot disappeared and was never heard from again suggesting possible abduction. There was a chilling few minutes of tape played of the sound in his cockpit of a very strange metallic clanging noise. I have never heard anything like this. It made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end.
edit on 20pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Kite or drone would require either a really long tether (how would one get it way out and up there?) and what is the range and size of these hobbyist "drones"? Don't know if it's extraterrestrial, but I don't think it's a kite or a hobby craft. It was above and beyond the cloud formation which is probably a few thousand feet at the least.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

It's evident that this UFO is between the camera and the cloud formation. However, it is a more interesting video than a mere point of light in the dark. But word to the wise.. when filming something in the sky at night, DON'T (DO NOT) stand under a streetlight.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Nuf said

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

I agree.
Whatever it is.....its really high.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

PhoenixOD

Nuf said
I'd be embarrassed if I posted those videos to somehow debunk the op video. It's clear those little kites are not capable of appearing like the one in the op video. The range isn't there, the power of the illumination isn't anywhere near strong enough and neither is the size. As a matter of fact they help the matter by proving the object in the video cannot be those silly kites.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
At 24 secs it looks like it goes behind a cloud for a bit, not sure that you could send a kite that high, and the guy who took it did say it was flying then stopped, interesting video and I don't think personally we could claim it to be a kite or a remote control flying machine just yet

Edit read the guys story to, cops sent their helicopter to the area and when it got close the lights turned off. He disputes claims that it is a drone saying it was to large and to high in the sky for that
edit on 20-3-2014 by auswally because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join