It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lord Pakal

page: 1

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Did you know...

The person buried under that is purportedly around 7 feet tall? Which by modern standards isn't unheard of but when one considers that the average height of those he ruled over were anywhere from 5' 4" to 5' 6" that and the fact that he too had an elongated skull makes for a rather interesting fellow.

Welcome

I'd like to share with you a more in depth view of this man and his burial. By now many of you reading this are already familiar with the now infamous image posted above which according to many Ancient Alien enthusiasts a stylized space capsule launching him into space. But lets take a look at this man.

K'inich Janaab' Pakal

K'inich Janaab' Pakal (March 603 – August 683) was ruler of the Maya polity of Palenque in the Late Classic period of pre-Columbian Mesoamerican chronology. During a long reign of some 68 years Pakal was responsible for the construction or extension of some of Palenque's most notable surviving inscriptions and monumental architecture.

Interesting to know that the line of rulers seem to reach back in time to the much older Olmec. let's take a brief look at the line.

Snake Spine 967- ? BC (legendary? - Olmec?)
Ch'a Ruler I? 252- ? BC
K'uk' B'alam I 431-435 AD
"Casper"435-487 AD
B'utz Aj Sak Chiik 487-501 AD
Ahkal Mo' Naab' I 501-524 AD
K'an Joy Chitam I 529-565 AD
Ahkal Mo' Naab' II 565-570 AD
Kan B'alam I 572-583 AD
Yohl Ik'nal 583-604 AD (female)
Aj Ne' Yohl Mat 605-612 AD
Janaab' Pakal 612 AD
Sak K'uk' 612-615 AD (female)
K'inich Janaab Pakal 615-683 AD ("Pakal the Great")
K'inich Kan B'alam II 684-702 AD
K'inich K'an Joy Chitam II 702-722? AD
K'inich Ahkal Mo' Naab' III 722-741? AD
Upakal K'inich Janab Pakal? ? -764? AD
K'inich Kan Bahlam? ? 651 ? AD
K'inich K'uk' Bahlam? 764- ? AD
6 Kimi Janab Pakal? 799- ? AD (uncertain)

Here is a what many believe to be as a fairly accurate representation of how he looked in real life. Pakal on the left. Notice anything interesting about the nose ridge on both? It is speculated they used jade implants to accentuate that particular look. One should ask themselves, why?

Palenque Archaeological Ruins

When many still talk about yet to be discovered ancient site around the globe I get excited because I know that there are still in my opinion a great many more yet to be discovered. When we look back at how this site first appeared to those who first excavated and explored this site we should realize how easily such an amazing location was swallowed up by the jungle. Compare the two following images...

Now, back to the tomb...

The infamous 20 ton/tonne carved slab is massive. One which dominates the very tomb it was discovered in. It is so large in fact that it had to have been put in place before the rest of the Pyramid was built. The location shows us a fair amount of their engineering expertise.

Images source

To get the cover down this very narrow and steep stairs then to make a sharp left in such a confined spot at the bottom would have been impossible in my opinion. Who knows, maybe they did but it's very heavy and to manipulate such a heavy large object in such a location would have been a nightmare. Not to mention the possibility of damage by dropping or it scrapping against the inner walls. When one looks at the following images and video it should become very apparent that it was placed well before the pyramid was constructed.

I highly recommend watching the following video, It's not the greatest video quality but it should give a sense of just how steep and narrow the path is down to the tomb.

This following image is a museum reconstruction
not to be confused with images of the actual site.
Still cool looking though.

The following image was taken of someone who is believed to have been closely related to Pakal, Known as The Red Queen

The Tomb of the Red Queen is a burial chamber containing the remains of an unknown noblewoman located inside Temple XIII in the ruins of the ancient Maya city of Palenque, now the Palenque National Park, in the Chiapas state in southern Mexico. It has been dated to between 600 and 700 AD. The tomb was discovered in 1994 by the Mexican archeologist Arnoldo Gonzalez Cruz. It takes its popular name from the fact that the remains of the noblewoman and the objects in the sarcophagus were covered with bright red cinnabar powder when the tomb was discovered

Now, I haven't been able as of yet find any images of Pakal's skull. But it's a fair bet it was similarly shaped, since many of the royalty had elongated skulls and these two were closely related, not to mention that all surviving figures and carving show him as having one as well.

Lord Pakal

So, here we have a great leader buried in an amazing structure, his people were the Maya, they may have had their roots in a much older Olmec culture which they had possibly borrowed their now famous number, counting and calender system from. Did they also barrow their myths and legends? The verdict for many are still out on many of those. There are other sites yet to be discovered. I for one am convinced of it.

I hope you enjoyed this small presentation.
As always, Stay tuned

edit on 20-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Very Good Read !
S&F

Yet teh skull thing is not an indication of ET.
They did this to there children for what ever reason (wanted to look like there god)
This may have been done only to royal blood line kids...

Still I find this a something fun to think over

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
His maximum living stature has been calculated as 163cm (5 feet 4 inches). Right in the middle of the average male height for that time, between 160-165cm. Not so tall, after all.

He showed some degree of pathology in his bones, and lesions in his teeth. Given his reported age at death (80) not surprising.

Pakal's maximum living stature, taken in situ, was calculated at 163 centimeters. A combined estimate from his left tibia and right humerus is 161 centimeters. This stature falls within the established range of 160-165 centimeters for males among pre-Hispanic Maya (Marquez and del Angel 1997; Tielser 2001b) and slightly above the average for Pelenque's male population, 159.3 centimeters (standard deviation 2.9), measured from the humerus (Gomez 1999).

From: Studying Janaab' Pakal and Reconstructing Maya Dynastic History (Tiesler and Cucina) (PDF)

The "7 feet tall" claim is pure pseudo-science hokum (some claims go as high as 9' tall).

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Great Post!

Finally some extended info.
The only thing i knew about this is from Ancient Aliens series ;p

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Slayer strikes again! Well done, as always!

My mind likes considering the possibility that 7' people, and elongated skulls have some meaning.

In this day of DNA testing, we have nothing on these 'other' beings?
I wonder if two separate races existed, and the smart ones left the rest of us to our destructive natures.

S&F

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Perhaps Pakal's descendants are living still and housed at the Vatican and attending meetings?
Karen Ludas said "2nd species with elongated head at the Vatican using homo saphiens like cattle."...in a recent thread.

We certainly can not debunk such a claim...this has to further investigated.
edit on 20-3-2014 by Granite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

DogMeat
Very Good Read !
S&F

Yet teh skull thing is not an indication of ET.
They did this to there children for what ever reason (wanted to look like there god)
This may have been done only to royal blood line kids...

Still I find this a something fun to think over

Yeah, and that's exactly what makes some(me and the op included) think that these civilizations(Egyptians and various Peruvian culture, probably more) worshipped aliens as their gods. Look at mythology from all over the world. I'll be using greek mythology. Seems to me like the greek gods are awfully human in temperament and looks(mostly) right? Man models his gods after himself, whether its what he is, or what he wants to be. that's not the case with these civs. If they modeled themselves after their gods, they had to have seen them at some point, right? Now tell me, which is more likely: they actually met with our creators, or they met some aliens?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Very Interesting, do people nowadays still have that sorta Elongated craniums?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

SLAYER69
Did you know...

The person buried under that is purportedly around 7 feet tall? Which by modern standards isn't unheard of but when one considers that the average height of those he ruled over were anywhere from 5' 4" to 5' 6" that and the fact that he too had an elongated skull makes for a rather interesting fellow.

Pakal's skeleton, upon analysis, reveals he was approximate 5'4" tall in life.

book page 37

EDIT: Sorry, I see Blackmarketeer beat me to it, though his post was subsequently ignored.

How common it is for folks here to selectively ignore known facts in order to maintain a false worldview.

Harte
edit on 3/21/2014 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

reply to post by Harte

purportedly
pur·port·ed·ly
adverb \-lē\ ostensibly, allegedly

Now that we've put his alleged height to rest. I wanted to thank all who replied

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

One thing that has not been mentioned is that Pakal, made the require pilgrimage to the Guatemalan highlands, to the source of Mayan creation mythology. It's a river that issues forth from a cliff and then goes underground for several miles of caves. Pakals tomb recreates this underground river in it's construction.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

HI Slayer69! New article just came out about the pyramid.

Archaeologist Arnoldo Gonzalez says researchers believe the tomb and pyramid were purposely built atop a spring between 683 and 702 AD. The tunnels led water from under the funeral chamber out into the broad esplanade in front of the temple, thus giving Pakal's spirit a path to the underworld.
But Gonzalez said Monday that carvings on a pair of stone ear plugs found in the grave say a god "will guide the dead toward the underworld, by submerging (them) into the water so they will be received there."

Pakal, in other words, didn't fly off into space; he went down the drain. "There is nothing to do with spaceships," Gonzalez said.

Phys.org, July 25, 2016 - Mexico finds water tunnels under Pakal tomb in Palenque.

Archeologists have no imagination! The ear plugs are used to block out the noise from the engine as it took back off to the Xibalba Be. Or, the Underworld was down... hum? Still no imagination! Wonder what George Tolokiasussus (hair guy from Ancient Aliens) has to say?

I am not convinced by this argument myself and hold off on deciding one way or another until more is understood about this strange ruler and the pyramid complex.

new topics

top topics

join