It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timing of the Rapture: Pre-Trib or Post-Trib(Thanks to Graphuto)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

jmdewey60
reply to post by WarminIndy

. . . show us the original document with and in the sentence.
Matthew 3:1 and 2

1 Now in those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the wilderness of Judea, saying, 2 “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”
(New American Standard Bible)

1 In those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the wilderness of Judea 2 and saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.”

In the first example, the translator decided the "and" was unnecessary because the two verses in the English, with punctuation, are clearly one sentence.
edit on 21-3-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Didn't I ask for an original document to prove your case by?

And I quoted from the King James, should we go further back?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

. . . should we go further back?
If you didn't want something to back up my argument that translators often leave out the "and"s in the Greek.
Your pretending that "and"s mean separate topics in the Greek doesn't hold up.
A lot of the major translations, including the 2011 NIV, the English Standard Version, the New American Standard Bible, the International Standard Version, and the Darby Bible Translation render it as a single sentence.

"Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

jmdewey60

. . . should we go further back?
If you didn't want something to back up my argument that translators often leave out the "and"s in the Greek.
Your pretending that "and"s mean separate topics in the Greek doesn't hold up.
A lot of the major translations, including the 2011 NIV, the English Standard Version, the New American Standard Bible, the International Standard Version, and the Darby Bible Translation render it as a single sentence.

"Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"

Yeah, and?

Three separate questions, then followed by three separate answers. You can't stretch much more.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

You can't stretch much more.
I think that you are stretching to try to disconnect any of it from the temple's destruction, which is the premise for the conversation.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I believe it is sometime during the great tribulation rather than after. The great tribulation doesn't end until Jesus ends it.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

the word tribulation is mentioned 22 times,

“But when you see the abomination of desolation standing where it should not be (let the reader understand), then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains.
But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days!
But pray that it may not happen in the winter.
For those days will be a time of tribulation such as has not occurred since the beginning of the creation which God created until now, and never will.

“Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet

The word life in 22 again literally means flesh indicating it means physical death not a spiritual death, and he saves us from physical death just as he did Enoch.

I would like to hear . . .

May 22, 2011 ...expected, predicted, prophesied.....?
Close. Has more credibility than you can realize, now.

John speaks in Revelation of the woman sitting upon the scarlet beast, holding " a golden cup"
filled with the wrath of God, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit...'whom he looks upon with great admiration'.

She is pregnant, the scarlet beast wants to devour the man child as soon as he is delivered, however, "taken" up to his throne is in pretense to her fleeing into the wilderness to a place prepared of God...

(where) she is nurtured ONE THOUSAND, TWO HUNDRED and THREE SCORE DAYS

This woman named "Mystery"... who is misinterpreted by the misguided as being the 'whore' of Great Babylon; much like Mary Magdalene, not being a disciple of Jesus but assumed to be the prostitute !!!

Two not of the same then, and two not of the same now.

The flesh of my flesh, bones of my bones; from out of the side of Adam, the rib of man named woman. First 2

Jesus Christ prays in the garden to "let this cup pass from me" before his flesh was beaten and nailed to the cross.
Not a bone was broken, however, the wound lies between his ribs where a lancet did "pierce his side"
post-mortem Christ Jesus.

Jesus, known also as the second Adam, and a cup passed from him to her. Second 2

Woman and the serpent, the enmity between them; the "dealing treacherously with the wife of my youth".

* * * The ever-increasing, corruption, scandal, deceptions of deceitfulness, the violence and angst of our youth...
should we say the cold and hardening hearts of the pre-tribulation, the end time, times and half of time has been since the pre-tribulation, rapture party of 'spring '11'. . .

Jesus rose from the dead after 3 days, Lazarus 4 days ...the two olive trees and the two candlesticks;
the witnesses (who prophesy the same number of days as does the nurturing of the woman),
to be left in the street dead 'til resurrected 3 1/2 days later.

One the Father knows the exact moment,
but I assure you (like the Harold Camping prediction) one, two, three and a half years ago IS significant.

Care to do the math and continue more discussion of the one, two, threes ? and half(s) ?
. . . and seven, eleven;

or how about six ?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I believe God loves us so much that He sent Jesus to carry the burden of all the sin of those who will claim his mercy.
I believe that no amount of tribulation or persecution can separate me from Christ.
I also believe that its possible that there will be some king of rapturish thingy taking place to restore my relationship with God.
When, how and all the details are not such a big issue for me, just the outcome, just to be called good and faithful, maybe just faithful will be enough.
I am in favour of leaving the details to the One who loves me and concentrating on the commandments, love God, love each other, concentrating on sorting out my issues rather than those I dont have an answer to

Maybe we all should as Christians

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join