Timing of the Rapture: Pre-Trib or Post-Trib(Thanks to Graphuto)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

jmdewey60
reply to post by WarminIndy

. . . show us the original document with and in the sentence.
Matthew 3:1 and 2

1 Now in those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the wilderness of Judea, saying, 2 “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”
(New American Standard Bible)

1 In those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the wilderness of Judea 2 and saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.”

In the first example, the translator decided the "and" was unnecessary because the two verses in the English, with punctuation, are clearly one sentence.
edit on 21-3-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Didn't I ask for an original document to prove your case by?

And I quoted from the King James, should we go further back?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

. . . should we go further back?
If you didn't want something to back up my argument that translators often leave out the "and"s in the Greek.
Your pretending that "and"s mean separate topics in the Greek doesn't hold up.
A lot of the major translations, including the 2011 NIV, the English Standard Version, the New American Standard Bible, the International Standard Version, and the Darby Bible Translation render it as a single sentence.

"Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

jmdewey60

. . . should we go further back?
If you didn't want something to back up my argument that translators often leave out the "and"s in the Greek.
Your pretending that "and"s mean separate topics in the Greek doesn't hold up.
A lot of the major translations, including the 2011 NIV, the English Standard Version, the New American Standard Bible, the International Standard Version, and the Darby Bible Translation render it as a single sentence.

"Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"

Yeah, and?

Three separate questions, then followed by three separate answers. You can't stretch much more.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

You can't stretch much more.
I think that you are stretching to try to disconnect any of it from the temple's destruction, which is the premise for the conversation.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I believe it is sometime during the great tribulation rather than after. The great tribulation doesn't end until Jesus ends it.

<< 1   >>

join