It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer program reveals invisible motion in videos - Amazing!!!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by Cuervo

The difference is that this is software that we'll have access to, even if "they" try to control it.

This is faaaar more dangerous to "them" than us.

Like they won't figure out a way around that. I'm guessing its only in the public realm because its already been thwarted.

Watching your baby monitor at home, okay. Watching politicians "squirm"… not.

Nah. Be a bit more optimistic. If there's money behind it, it'll happen. There's still a lot of money in showbiz and media. I can imagine CNN having a segment of "Let's go check his speech on the 'StressCam' to see how honest president So-N-So was!" followed by a bunch of flashy animations and a commentator.

I'm not saying it will be without corruption but I definitely don't see it being restricted from the public market. Heck, Google Glass will probably have this soon.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

pilotx
If combined with digital high-resolution ultra-slow motion recordings of relatively still scenes, maybe that could enhance its resolution.

This is a good idea.
Try using footage from the
SLO MO GUYS on you tube. They use high speed high resolution cameras.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This is one simple yet very useful piece of software.
Is it available for the public yet?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

DeadSeraph
reply to post by hadriana

It would also be neat to use with footage of plants. I know that sounds really lame and uninteresting, but if you could isolate plants from any sort of breeze and set up an HD camera and then apply this code to the footage (no timelapse) I wonder if we would see subtle movements invisible to the naked eye?

At any rate it's an amazing discovery to be able to pull this off with code alone and not have to use advanced high speed cameras. I hope more people think of neat ways to use it!

I don't think it uninteresting at all - it might be very useful in the field of plant signaling.
I find that completely fascinating.
I'm waiting for the day when it is widely KNOWN that plants do have a nervous system, just that it is a distributed net, instead of a CNS.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

thaelin
Wonder how the politicians will accept being filmed now? Within minutes
we could know what the lies were. KOOL.......

All you have to do is check whether their mouths are open or not.
edit on 21-3-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I can imagine CNN having a segment of "Let's go check his speech on the 'StressCam' to see how honest president So-N-So was!" followed by a bunch of flashy animations and a commentator.

I say they'll YouTube hoax it like everyone else. There are already speech, body english and voice stress analysis. I don't need any of that to tell me what time it is, either.

I read between the lines. Newscasters and politicians read teleprompters.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

Wow... what a diffrence.
Great job on using the code this way.
This needs to be standard fare for these kind of videos.
Hopefully someone else is creative as you to try it this way.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hello All.

My names Danny aka RubberDuckGB.

I am the originator of this thread. I havent contributed much, well maybe a litte. But I always come on here to read other ats posts. You guys are a nice bunch. I will make this short...

I came across this program which was kinda hidden away, by mistake. Jumping from one link to another link. Bored, funny, silly etc vids. And then this jewel of a video. And while I rewatched trying to get my head around what I was seening on the video about this FREE program open to the public by the universty, i thought...

I need to rejoin and get this out there to you guys before it falls to the wayside or worse gets put under covers.

So thank you all. I really really appreciate you guys and gals ideas and thoughts... the last thing I want is for this public source program to fade into the back ground...

Danny (London)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Thanks for making me feel lame

I read we should use this on plants and I got excited and then I read your next sentence....
But I love the creativity people have in this thread about how to utilize this code.

If you get a chance check out cyprex's video he did of the solar flares. It was pretty significant and cool. Its mid way down on page 6.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Also if any one wants to add me as a friend feel free... esp women lol !!!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Here are a couple more links about the "Eulerian Video Magnification" code - including a link where anyone can upload their own video, have it processed and see the results.

MIT's Eulerian Video Magnification

Upload, Process, & View Your Own Videos @ this 'Quanta Cambridge/MIT' Website.

(Sorry if this has been posted at some point.)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
DHS is going to be all over this!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

NoFearsEqualsFreeMan
reply to post by RubberDuckGB

So you could use this to check for pulse??
So videos of aliens, bigfoot and that sort of thing would show some signs bloodpressure/breathing to verify it is living thing??
Now we just need suchs videos
but things could get interesting with this program

Yes, there are actually a smartphone app for android that does this. It uses the camera flash in conjunction with the CCD sensor to illuminate a finger, and the change in light intensity indicates a pulse.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I wonder how this compensates for artificial lighting. For example, magnetic ballasted fluorescent lamps flicker at 120 times/second (@60Hz). I've observed this with my digital camera...as it samples preview shots through the viewer. Under certain conditions, you can see similar fluctuations or "pulsing". It wasn't mentioned but I'm sure this must have come up during their research.
edit on 21-3-2014 by empireoflizards because: Grammar

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

The government will just take this technology when they mass murder us and pile our bodies on top of one another in a pit....to see who needs a second bullet in the head...or for some similar reason.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Awesome cool programming and doubly wonderful for publishing it for free... kudos to the coders.

The applications are numerous and staggering. Engineering will certainly be able to use this for sturdier structures, medicine for diagnosis, intelligence/law enforcement for "lie detecting" (for better or worse), paranormal research for the search for hypothetical (nearly) invisible beings, etc., etc.

Thanks for bringing it to the collective attention.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
That is REALLY cool tech! The fact they sourced it out for free shows the Integrity of their intentions as well..Can't help to wonder what it could do for 3D movies?! S&F!

edit on 3/21/2014 by DjembeJedi because: sp

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

Awesome stuff! Looks fantastic!

Was wondering when the Clinton clips would show up?

Original:

Euler Motion, Default settings:

Euler Motion, Frequency band: 1.3

It's obvious you would obtain better results with raw video. Video compression tends to 'flatten' such data, so it's easier to compress.
Nobody notices it anyway.. well until now

hmm.. how would a fractal zoom look...

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
hey,

would be great if ATS would make an own forum for invisible motion videos.

The topics are endless....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join