It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer program reveals invisible motion in videos - Amazing!!!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Not sure what it's going to enhance
but I can give it a shot when I get some time.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Sorry to those who waited a while for this
and sorry to those who pmed me or made a post that I didn't respond too earlier

---this took a while to do---

OK I have just did a sample for testing with a shot of my wrist

I did a real quick set up, using a Nikon Coolpix s6300
setting it on table setting wrist down and shooting
the tiny movement at the beginning is me pushing the record button,
if my d3000 did video there would have been no movement because I would have used a remote

The program it self and uploading/processing (1/2 hr each vid) took the longest of the time

Waited till the last one was finished uploading to post the
results of just the default settings ( the sample settings in the .bat/.sh )

Original Video

baby2 setting

Camera setting

Subway setting

Shadow setting

Face setting

Face2 setting (Butter)

Face2 setting (Ideal)

the face2 setting kicks out two videos

some reason it will not take the guitar setting
I'm going to have to fiddle with the settings more for that one
it failed ( as in wouldn't even make a video ) to reproduce what the sample video was to make

The reason for this madness is to show what different settings are like on the same
video.

But my conclusion is so far neat program but you would want to know the
exact settings of what you are looking for. Maybe in the future they will add a GUI
that will have the settings , sliders and all the wysiwyg average user friendly
then again since the source code is up maybe someone will add it for them.

***** my wrist suffered no injury from this filming *****

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Lovely.

I hate it.

Another tool that will be misused to spy on us and Oh what it could reveal - Lie Detector anyone?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

There is a graphic user interface at the Quanta website. You can upload a video (45 meg. limit) and use the sliders to enhance as you wish, within the parameters.

videoscope.qrclab.com...

It's very sensitive. If I was looking at the Twin Towers I wouldn't enhance the motion at all or the color very much, maybe only 10 percent of what's available. Particularly the motion unless I was specifically looking for subtle vibrations.
edit on 20-3-2014 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CaPpedDoG

Will do when I get some time

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

I'm actually looking at that right now form your other post ( playing catch-up )
If I knew about this link before doing it the long way I probably would have done it
but at the same time at least others can see the difference in the settings on one video.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

At Quanta they mention the sample video "Talking" as a bad example because there is so much motion in it, but if you enhance the color very little it makes shifts of light and shadow jump out. If you give it too much enhancement, it's like a light show, not really useful for forensic investigation.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Ahh thanks for the tip.
Even though I shuold not right now (time to do other things)
I'm uploading a vid there doing a test then saving that if its ok then re upping it to youtube

then again I might just do that tomorrow lol

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RubberDuckGB

Wow. I have mixed feelings on this. The possibilities to do good with this are amazing, but I could see some possibilities of doing bad as well. What could this do, for example, if tied in to surveillance cameras? Even biological functions wouldn't be private any longer.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

I tried it with the first 20 seconds of this clip, and different settings, and didn't see anything. No "gotcha" moment there, but that doesn't mean a different view of the collapse, amplified in the software by an expert, wouldn't yield results

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Commenting to read later

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
OMG! we are done for!!!
and one on film who LYES!
is going to have the best lye detector on them.
this can see the slightest change in the bode.
Not good. um but Obama on TV is done for.

I have the use it for good and not just evil.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

Look how many links people are posting to youtube videos for example the mermaid video it suffers from all the usual stuff you see from a low res low bit rate youtube video it has macroblocking everywhere, so we have false colour info to start with.

The trouble here is that when someone jumps to a conclusion (the OP) about what can be done with this the rest join in at least you know that you can't just take a video of poor quality and expect it to show something.

There are sources on the net for higher quality video.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

wmd_2008
reply to post by EvilBat

Look how many links people are posting to youtube videos for example the mermaid video it suffers from all the usual stuff you see from a low res low bit rate youtube video it has macroblocking everywhere, so we have false colour info to start with.

The trouble here is that when someone jumps to a conclusion (the OP) about what can be done with this the rest join in at least you know that you can't just take a video of poor quality and expect it to show something.

There are sources on the net for higher quality video.

Oh my god... Again... That was pointed out on the first page.

Here:

DeadSeraph
reply to post by Aleister

So it might have an undesirable effect on footage that is old and grainy (and wouldn't work at all with non-digital imagery)

and here:

DeadSeraph

If the camera was stationary and the footage was filmed at a reasonable resolution, I think it could be useful in that regard. But it won't do anything for grainy, shaky footage.
edit on 20-3-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

Please stop trying to minimize this thread or the code developed by MIT. You don't have the slightest clue. Just because you find a few of the suggestions as to what it could be used for to be ridiculous, doesn't mean it doesn't have other applications. How about instead of being counterproductive, you offer some suggestions as to what possible uses YOU think it could have?

edit on 21-3-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

This is great and at the same time lead to many new problems. Just imagine filming your partner/friend... with an iPhone while asking some silly questions with a a few hidden comments made like 'ahhh and if I get the bastard that stole my money I will...'

Than at home just analyse your movie and look if his pulse goes up after that and you know if he was affected by your comment. No need to use lie detectors or pulse monitors anymore

So when you have your next audit for a new job and they ask I they can film the interview you should be careful as this might be a lie detector

edit on 1395388330352xMarchE by UnixFE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I see this program banned and used by the government :3 Maybe I should really go to this Lie-Detector training. We just have to accept one day no one will be able to lie. And there will be nothing to hide

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I'm just waiting for them to find politicians on camera without vital signs.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
This is cool.

I'd apply it to war for intelligence purposes. You know all those videos of the dead children and women. Be nice to know for sure - and be able to clearly show - hey no, this is a propaganda set up.

I've seen several- those folks did NOT look dead.

Be fun to put on wheelchair guy too at the Boston Bombing. Might prove to some people that leg wound WAS real,or maybe that it wasn't.

LOTS of applications. Lying and stuff too- esp. this sort of thing can reach an actigraphy sort of proficiency and measure skin variations like perspiration too.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

It would also be neat to use with footage of plants. I know that sounds really lame and uninteresting, but if you could isolate plants from any sort of breeze and set up an HD camera and then apply this code to the footage (no timelapse) I wonder if we would see subtle movements invisible to the naked eye?

At any rate it's an amazing discovery to be able to pull this off with code alone and not have to use advanced high speed cameras. I hope more people think of neat ways to use it!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Water evaporation on the plant would create weak wind currents so you would see movement.

Similar to mushrooms

Mushrooms Produce Wind Currents to Disperse Spores

That is my guess anyways

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join