It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Health insurance isn’t expensive – just cancel cable and phones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Cancel your cable and your cell phones?

That is certain to be unpopular with the young people.

The President responded that “if you looked at their cable bill, their telephone, their cell phone bill… it may turn out that, it’s just they haven’t prioritized health care.” He added that if a family member gets sick, the father “will wish he had paid that $300 a month.”

If wish this wasn't such a pipe dream. I just can't see people actually doing it.

“If the President actually believes that a family earning less than $40,000 per year can afford nearly $4,000 in health insurance premiums, then he truly does not understand middle-income families. Americans do not need the President to tell them how to budget their households. People are already cutting back on things like cable television and cell phones, just to compensate for an awful economy.This President promised he would deliver on affordable health care. Instead, premiums are up, out-of-pocket expenses are up, and overall cost of living is up. The President simply doesn’t get it. And his condescending attitude adds insult to injury.”

How do you feel about President Obama telling you how to live your life?

Is this the President's job to guide you on how to pay your Obamacare premium?

Let’s take a look at that $300 a month, too. Assuming that we’re talking about a family of four, that would force the family to spend $3,600 a year. While that might be money well spent in the case of catastrophe, it’s a bad investment on several levels otherwise. If both kids break a bone, it might run them $500 each to get treated, or perhaps even a thousand each if they go to an emergency room. If they get the flu, perhaps another $200 each for a doctor visit. Throw in wellness checks for everyone at $250 each, and we’re talking about $3400 in medical care, $200 less than their premiums. But wait! In most plans of that cost, the family will have to spend thousands of dollars in deductibles first for everything but the wellness checks — so the only benefit will be covering the $1000 those cost. In this example, the family that normally would have spent $3400 out of pocket in that year will now spend $5,800.

Can you afford 10% of your income for Healthcare?

I do think some Americans abuse our Healthcare System.

It was broken long before Obama got there.

I am wondering how this message will be received by young people.

I just know taking my kids cellphone away is how I punish her.

Our Healthcare system is a mess. Can Obamacare ever work?

Thoughts?

Hotair.com

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Our Healthcare system is a mess. Can Obamacare ever work?

Yes, it's a mess.

No. It can't work. I am pretty sure that the architects of the ACA knew that beforehand and there is a plan behind that somewhere.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
And meanwhile, Obama's family and mother in law are in China right now and have already spent a million dollars on entertainment, food, clothes, whatever. This is not counting other costs like security and travel.

It isn't for us to do as he does, just do what he says. An idiot president..

(for Bush whiners, Bush was stupid too, but that's 6 years ago, move on with your life)

s&f
edit on 20-3-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I don't have cable, but when I did the bill was around $120. My cell phone bill is $150 for the family. My healthcare.gov quote was over $900 a month for the silver plan. $900 - $270 = $630 a month still left unaccounted for. That must be the fuzzy math I always hear the government using.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I thought this administration already paid for peoples cell phones. Why would they need to cancel it in order for the government to pay for their healthcare?

/end sarcasm

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I enroll people into ObamaCare every day. Looking forward to the March 31st deadline. People either cry for joy, or cry in frustration during enrollment. Wait until the year2015 80% - 300% premium increase announcements are made this Fall. This next wave will affect everyone on Group plans at work...not just the people who purchase their own individual policies.

BTW..isn't this the 3rd time this subject has been posted to ATS in the past couple weeks or so?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

carewemust
I enroll people into ObamaCare every day. Looking forward to the March 31st deadline. People either cry for joy, or cry in frustration during enrollment. Wait until the year2015 80% - 300% premium increase announcements are made this Fall. This next wave will affect everyone on Group plans at work...not just the people who purchase their own individual policies.

BTW..isn't this the 3rd time this subject has been posted to ATS in the past couple weeks or so?

Since you seem to be in the know a question -

Are the numbers being relapsed about who wants Obamacare taking into account people who were denied coverage under it? does it take into account people who sign up and are approved but don't pay?

If 5 million "have signed up" how many of those 5 million received coverage?
If you don't know that's cool to.. Just figured I would ask anyway.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Xcathdra

I thought this administration already paid for peoples cell phones. Why would they need to cancel it in order for the government to pay for their healthcare?

/end sarcasm

Continue sarcasm...

I thought the same thing.

I guess the people that received those phones know how to scam the system.

I know who will end up paying for their Healthcare anyway.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

carewemust

I have seen it myself how people abuse the system, even when they call you to enroll them. So you are one of the facilitators who take personal information? How do we know what you are like in your life and you won't sell our information?

That's also a big issue that people have raised. I see your location is Illinois, a lot of people already distrust Chicago and Chicago politics. So a lot of people are not enrolling, simply because they already distrust those who are taking the information. I am not saying you would do that, I don't know you. But you are pushing an unpopular product from an unpopular government, can you see why people aren't so keen when they already get free things from the government?

You do realize that once you start taking their personal information, the person next to you has also taken the same social security number for a completely different person. That's how system players work and those who are illegal have managed to get away with it.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Xcathdra

carewemust

Since you seem to be in the know a question -

Are the numbers being relapsed about who wants Obamacare taking into account people who were denied coverage under it? does it take into account people who sign up and are approved but don't pay?

If 5 million "have signed up" how many of those 5 million received coverage?
If you don't know that's cool to.. Just figured I would ask anyway.

Workers for the Social Security department testified before congress about how illegal immigrants abuse the system by people taking a child in, getting benefits set up for that child, then another adult brings the same child in, gets benefits for that child and in some instances 10 different adults are getting benefits for one child. Then they pass a social security number around.

Congress simply didn't listen and this was before Obama was president. Sure, they will get free insurance, free phones,free anything except citizenship. They want our benefits but do it illegally.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

They want all the freebies and know how to get them.

Most do not want to become American's. They are proud to be Mexican.

Not a thing wrong with that. Some claim the land is theirs.

Some have convinced themselves they are owed these benifits.

It's a real tough situation.

top topics

join