It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kurt Cobain case being reoponed????

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Well this is odd, but I guess something new has come to light with the new film having just been processed. Geez....20 years later? That is pretty sad in my opinion. How do you have evidence in a case from one of the biggest news stories of the time and not look at it for 20 years?

Seattle police have reopened the investigation into the death of Kurt Cobain, KIRO 7 TV reports.

Four rolls of 35 mm film taken at the scene of the singer’s death were developed just last month. Law enforcement officials tell KIRO 7 that the images are better than the Polaroids used in the first investigation, almost 20 years ago.

Source
edit on 3/20/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Right on...

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Oh I hope so. I am of the opinion that his wife probably got away with some nefarious things that day.
I'd like for the truth to come out ... which ever direction it goes in.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Only just processed the pictures? 20years later. Top job cops of the time.
Courtney love has just been in the news as well. Thought she had found the plane.
Strange goings on.

Edit- ah I see now. She rumours getting her old band Hole back together and releasing a album. Nothing like a bit of media coverage.
edit on 20-3-2014 by ZeussusZ because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2014 by ZeussusZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
4 rolls of film ? That's a lot of evidence that should have been looked at.

I also think that C.L. had something to do with it.
I'm actually thinking that she might just be taking a flight soon out of country.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

EvilBat
I'm actually thinking that she might just be taking a flight soon out of country.

From what I understand ... there is no statute of limitations on murder.
Certain folks may be getting nervous.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

EvilBat
4 rolls of film ? That's a lot of evidence that should have been looked at.

I also think that C.L. had something to do with it.

Right? The network should put the interview on their site with the detective in charge to reopening the investigation, should get our answers there

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Bwahahaha Courtney is finally gonna get what she deserves. I know she is innocent until proven guilty but as I was around when this happened 20 years ago her guilt was pretty obvious. Granted Kurt was an emo weirdo himself so it is possible it was suicide, just not likely.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Interesting her ticket sales for new tour just started yesterday and first place on tour is in the UK

Coincidence maybe .... duhn duhn duhn maybe not

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Funny there was mention of her finding the lost flight the other day and now all of a sudden his suicide comes up...

Conspiracy in the making...

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I remember at the time rumors of an affair Kurt was alleged to be having with the base player in Hole and the finger of suspicion being pointed at Courtney after his death ...smoke without fire ?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Don't know if something changed from the time you made the thread but it says from your link

Despite an erroneous news report, we have not 'reopened' the investigation into the suicide of Kurt Cobain," the Seattle Police Department tweeted from a verified account.

It's just a 20 year "review" of the case in light of the 20 year anniversary coming up. Too bad

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Correct. From the Seattle Post Intelligencer:

In anticipation of the coming 20th anniversary of Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain's death, the Seattle Police Department is reviewing the case and has developed a previously unexamined roll of film.

However, the photos do not show anything new that might change the ruling of Cobain's death as a suicide, Seattle Det. Renee Witt said.

Media reports initially indicated Thursday that police are reopening the case, but the police department has since quelled those rumors.

"Not even close," Witt said.

However, a cold case detective is reviewing the details in order to field renewed media interest as the anniversary approaches.

Source (with pictures)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

No. Not as of this evening. They said there really is nothing new or any change to warrant re-opening the case. That was just on...

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Of course the whole thing is fishy, but if it really was suicide, they need to let the guy rest.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Already a thread...which one do we use?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Didn't Courtney Love's father said that she was responsible for Kurt Cobain's death in a documentary a few years ago. Why didn't the Seattle Police call him in for questioning on his allegations then? I believe that Love and her father have an estranged father/daughter relationship over the years. No lead should be ignored though when a death is questionable.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Four rolls of 35 mm film taken at the scene of the singer’s death were developed just last month.

20 years ago the police were sitting around with 4 rolls of 35mm of a possible crime scene yet no judge, detective or investigator asked to have them developed? That must mean there was a legality or technicality involved with those film rolls. I am not familiar with the case it just seems odd to me. Very odd as you pointed out.

Well this is odd,

edit on 3/21/2014 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

From the article.....

“I was requested to look at the case because I’m a cold case detective because it is 20 years later and it’s a high media case,” said Detective Mike Ciesynski"

Oh? High media case? Uhm..no. Only to Nirvana fan boys who think he didn't kill himself.

Also,looks like someone on that staff is a Nirvana fan. Very poorly written article.

Looks like they've been reading the BS out on the Internet.

Who cares either way? Nirvana sucks and Cobain was a loser who offed himself.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tigertatzen

Neither. He killed himself.

Mods need to close em both.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join