It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acceptance Of Ailens In Society Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
"The Ailens did it" . Well that was the opinion of the beautician who did my nails today when we were discussing the missing airliner. I have heard this theory being openly discussed at work too. I think it has become more acceptable now for people to openly discuss ET without fear of being ridiculed or labelled as slow or not quite all there.

Are we as a human race now at last accepting the reality of the ET presence? Is it because of the fact that over a 1,000 planets have now been discovered? Or have we matured enough to accept we are nothing special at all?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

I don't' know about you but I'm very special...

Are they seriously saying it or off hand? I get that a lot but it's always "the aliens did it
" only half serious if that much.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Four arms good, twenty arms bad.

Aliens as a topic has been around ever since H.G. Wells and Orson Welles (those darn Welle's) teamed up to make the world afraid of them. But after so many years of hearing about them, if one of them was slated to appear on a TV talk show it would probably get a high viewership but lots of people would still not watch. Fear of aliens is so 20th century, and I think the movie E.T. started to give aliens a good name again. Bring it on, tentacle guy, and you might get some endorsements.

Speaking of, if folks haven't seen the movie "Paul" as yet, highly recommended. An alien for the ages.
edit on 20-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

PsychoEmperor

I don't' know about you but I'm very special...

Are they seriously saying it or off hand? I get that a lot but it's always "the aliens did it
" only half serious if that much.

Yes she was half serious but then I took her to task and it turns out she was a serious believer and opened up when she realised that I was serious about things too.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
When haven't we blamed the mysterious on the mysterious?

From gods, to fairies, to aliens...

This stuff is ancient, from petroglyphs etched in stone to Ezekiel's wheel. Do I think everyone accepts the idea of an ET presence among us... not really. For most it's just a passing conversation. The unexplainable explained away by the unexplainable.

If aliens took that plane, bring them back and show the world. See here we are! Would anyone believe it? Not everyone. There would still be those crying hoax or planned event and simply refuse to believe. The longer I live, the more I realize, people are just going to believe what they want to believe.

So long as people can go about their lives - and it not be in our face all the time - people have no problem accepting the "possibility". But should they truly walk amongst us without disguise, in everyones face, mixing in with the day to day life of everyone - then I'm thinking the acceptance would be strained. We still fight social injustice amongst ourselves - humans. Aliens from another dimension or world among us wouldn't fair well, I'd think.

But it might bring the human race together to focus all our hate, bigotry, and iniquity on the "others".

CdT

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Wirral Bagpuss
Are we as a human race now at last accepting the reality of the ET presence? Is it because of the fact that over a 1,000 planets have now been discovered? Or have we matured enough to accept we are nothing special at all?

I think the popular acceptance of the existence of ETs goes back decades.

People 100 years ago often spoke of Moon men and Martians. Popular culture of the 1930s included the ideas of aliens, such as Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers. In the 1960s, we had Star Trek exploring a galaxy full of planets (what we call exoplanets today).

Even mainstream science has for many many years now accepted the idea that other planets with life may in fact exist past our solar system.

This acceptance of the idea that aliens probably exist on other worlds (even the existence of exoplanets themselves) is not at all a "brand new" thing among science and layman.

edit on 3/20/2014 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
And all it took was a stupid History Channel show...

m.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm not sure if society fully accepts the idea of aliens, but I do think that many people are accepting of things they just can't explain.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
They have to eventually. Theyre here, have always been here, and others are coming and going to and from here.

Evidence over thousands of years is overwhelming.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Paul is my FAVORITE alien movie!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I think the attitude is tipping in favor of simple acceptance. Most people won't be able to wrap their heads around specifics too much though so they will just kinda ignore the whole subject as much as possible.

top topics

join