It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only On KIRO 7: Seattle Police Re-investigate Kurt Cobain Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Last month, police developed four rolls of film that had been sitting for years in a Seattle police evidence vault.

I think we have all had questions about this and as a western Washingtonian I have always had an interest in this case. It just doesn't add up to me. I'm trying not to get too excited about this but you never know this could actually lead to something.

Seattle police police have received a request at least once a week to reopen the case, mostly through Twitter. It didn't say in the article how long this has been going on but we know there was no twitter 20 years ago.
edit on 3/20/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/20/2014 by 3n19m470 because: Effin auto correct. It's COBAIN not cobalt...

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Somebody may bring new information forth.

Word of advice would be "run, Courtney, run".

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

3n19m470

Last month, police developed four rolls of film that had been sitting for years in a Seattle police evidence vault.

I think we have all had questions about this and as a western Washingtonian I have always had an interest in this case. It just doesn't add up to me. I'm trying not to get too excited about this but you never know this could actually lead to something.

Seattle police police have received a request at least once a week to reopen the case, mostly through Twitter. It didn't say in the article how long this has been going on but we know there was no twitter 20 years ago.

edit on 3/20/2014 by 3n19m470 because: Effin auto correct. It's COBAIN not cobalt...

What is there a question about? What is it about his death that doesn't add up? I'm not being sarcastic, I really want to know because I never knew there was anything suspicious about his death.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Darn links, I have to learn not to click on them. When I did I got a notice "KIRO 7 wants to track your physical location" . Why would a news station need to know my exact location? Jerks.

I was going to the link to try to find out what film the OP is talking about. Four rolls of film from where, about what, what's on them, etc. I didn't hang around KIRO's nosy website long enough to find out.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

They didn't show or say what was on the film, well the network says they have a new never seen before photo... Didn't come out and say it was from the new roll tho...
They also said they won't release them until the new investigation is completed or at least the investigation on the new photos
And if you want to see the photo the news station has, tune it at 11!!

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Sorry bout that bud. Didn't happen to me but I will copy paste some more infos...

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Apparently the photos originally used in the investigation were Polaroids and these are some kind of millimeter camera photos that show better detail of the scene. I think after the body was removed. They will be talking about it tonight at 11pm PST. You should do some looking around, there was not really a crazy glaring inconsistency but just a few interesting details like the shotgun which has a big kick landed neatly on his chest. I was reminded of that by reading comments on the KIRO 7 site. It's been a while since I've really looked into this. But I think most people like me, just don't want it to be true. It just doesn't seem right that he would do that, doesn't add up. The only way it's explained is "well some people just have problems" and sure that could apply to anybody but I just never bought it.

Sure his music was about angst and some depressing stuff sometimes but those people aren't the ones who kill themselves. They have an outlet for their emotions. It's usually the uptight people who are always putting on airs of normalcy.

Eta- I apologize, i was trying to get this done in a hurry and forgot to clarify that i was not the one reading the comments section and now i just found out that the person who Was reading it to me was reading from the KIRO 7 Facebook page. I was unable to find any comments in the actual article. Again i apologize.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Weird. I just went there and it did happen to me this time... maybe it just flashed up and went away too quickly for me to notice the first time due to me pressing the screen on my phone to scroll down? Anyway, I happily clicked on DECLINE and continued reading but I can surely understand your inclination to not want to continue after that. I guess the supposed purpose for that would be to give you news that would be relevant to your location but I would still never click YES to that!

copy paste works strangely for me in ATS reply fields so I'll have to post again to give you the paragraphs from the article.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Sorry mods because of the way they spaced the article text I could not tell what was a paragraph but obviously 1-2 sentences is not really a paragraph so I estimated 2-3 paragraphs with the interesting info and brought it here and I hope you don't mind.

From the article:

"Last month, police developed four rolls of film that had been sitting for years in a Seattle police evidence vault. The 35 mm film was processed by the King County Sheriff’s Office photo lab under high security.

Though the pictures have a slight green tint because of deterioration, police say they more clearly show the scene than the earlier Polaroid photos taken by investigators. 

Tonight only on KIRO 7 Eyewitness News Eleven at 11, we speak with the detective who re-investigated the case and ask him about the new details in the investigation.

The final investigation report has not been completed, and the images of Cobain dead at the scene will not be released, police say.

KIRO 7 has obtained an image from the scene that has not previously been made public. Tonight at 11, we will show that image on KIRO 7 Eyewitness News Eleven at 11 and explain why police wanted to examine it as part of the investigation.

The morning of April 8, 1994, Veca Electric employee Gary Smith went to Cobain’s home at 171 Lake Washington Boulevard East to do electrical work.

“I noticed something on the floor and I thought it was a manikin,” Smith told KIRO 7 at the time. “So I looked a little closer and geez, that’s a person. I looked a little closer and I could see blood and an ear and a weapon laying on his chest.”

The medical examiner determined Cobain had killed himself three days earlier – only days after he had left a rehab facility.

Before he was shot, police said Cobain had a lethal dose of heroin. The syringes Cobain used and the heroin kit was kept in the Seattle police evidence unit and was part of the re-investigation along with the previously undeveloped film.

On KIRO 7 Eyewitness News Eleven at 11, we ask the lead detective about the evidence and why it was kept for years, even though the initial investigation determined it was a suicide.

Smith, the electrician, found a suspected suicide note atop planting soil in the greenhouse.

“I only read the bottom lines,” Smith told KIRO 7 in 1994. The “bottom two lines said, ‘I love you, I love you’ to someone.”

On March 18, 1994 – less than a month before Cobain was found dead – Seattle police were called to the Lake Washington home after Kurt “locked himself in a room,” and said he was going to kill himself, according to a police report. Police were also told he “had a gun in the room.”

But Cobain told police he was not suicidal and didn’t want to kill himself. However, police said after the 1994 investigation that his death was clearly a suicide."
edit on 3/20/2014 by 3n19m470 because: OK i guess it was more like 4 paragraphs. Oops. It didn'tseem like that much wwhen I was copying it but i guess all the small parts accumulated like a snowball rolling down a hill. Hopefully we can be reasonable about this since the paranoia level on this thread got kicked up a few notches and some may not wish to visit the news link.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
q13fox.com...

Well now I just found this on Q13 FOX and they are saying that, while police have been examining new evidence, they are not reopening the case and no new info was found.

I don't know what to make of this. Maybe someone does not want this investigated further? Or maybe KIRO 7 jumped the gun wanting to be the first to report the story.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

NightGypsy
-- snip --
What is there a question about? What is it about his death that doesn't add up? I'm not being sarcastic, I really want to know because I never knew there was anything suspicious about his death.

Link

There are some disturbing inconsistencies and questions when it comes to this official story. Let’s start with the shotgun. It wasn’t examined by Seattle Police until a full month later, and when it was, there were only unidentifiable smudged fingerprints, as if it had been wiped down. It’s possible that the smudged prints were caused by the force of the discharge, which would naturally move the gun through Cobain’s hand. But if he had bought the gun weeks before, why weren’t there other prints on it? (In the original police report, it said that marks on Cobain’s hands were consistent with firing a gun; two years later, the police admitted that this detail was actually a mistake, added by a rookie cop at the scene).

And what about the drugs? Kurt had 225 mg of heroin in his blood, three times the lethal dose. There were intravenous punctures in both arms. According to medical experts, that much heroin would leave a person completely incapacitated or cause them to lapse into a coma. That is, if it didn’t kill them instantly. It’s not uncommon for those who OD on heroin to be found with the needle still in their arms. That’s how quickly one lethal dose can kill you. Kurt was somehow able to roll down his sleeves, put his needle and spoon away, arrange the towels, then lie down on the ground and pull the trigger of a shotgun.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It was announced on the news tonight they wont be reopening the case as ther is no new evidence warrantying it reopening...according to them.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Geez ... has it really been twenty years? I've never really gotten past the death of Cobain. The guy had everything going his way.

And, no ... I'm not one of the peeps asking to re-open the case.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

The biggest Red Flag was the amount of Heroin in his system...
Too much for even the most experienced Heroin user to then be within the capacity to shoot themselves!!!

That amount would have made it a struggle to see straight, even more so to have the energy to sit upright...
So to pump, steadily hold and shoot such a heavy Weapon seems a high improbability!!!

Probably plenty more as well but this is what has stuck with me over the years!!!

Peace NG!

new topics

top topics

join