It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange voice commands on frequency near UVB-76

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Maybe its SAC bombers on their way......?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I just heard the guy say "Skyking Skyking, do not answer." According to everything I've read, that means it is a legitimate, highly classified, urgent EAM- not a test or practice. So I was scouring the news to see if anything was breaking and so far, nothing. But it will be interesting to see what the mainstream media reports in the hours to come.

"USAF Manual: ''Joint Chiefs of Staff Emergency Action Messages contain key instructions or information from high level authority and have predetermined formats. Such messages are transmitted by various communications systems and normally carry FLASH precedence. They are vital messages of an extremely time-sensitive nature, and rapid processing is mandatory to obtain the fast reaction required by their content. Usage and handling procedures are of the highest classification and have been issued by the Joint Chiefs of Staff only to those who have a need to know.'' -per www.udxf.nl...'

Boy are they busy... nonstop messages for the last hour nearly.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Now it's a woman broadcasting. Interesting.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Its called numbers stations, it been going on since the second world war.

A numbers station is a type of shortwave radio station characterized by unusual broadcasts, often created by artificially generated voices reciting streams of numbers, words, letters, tunes or Morse code. They are transmitted in a wide variety of languages and the voices are usually female, although sometimes men's or children's voices are used.

In the 1960s, Time magazine reported[citation needed] that the numbers stations first appeared shortly after World War II and were imitating a format that had been used to send weather data during that war. It is widely assumed that these broadcasts transmit covert messages to spies. This has not been officially acknowledged by any government that may operate a numbers station, and, with a few exceptions,[1] no QSL responses have been received from numbers stations by shortwave listeners who sent reception reports to said stations, which is the expected behavior of a non-clandestine station.[2]

The best known of the numbers stations was the "Lincolnshire Poacher", which is thought to have been run by the British Secret Intelligence Service.

edit on 20-3-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
EAM's are business as usual so I would not get too excited. Here's a good explanation of what they are and why they are broadcast.

www.monitoringtimes.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.monitoringtimes.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Bluetwo
Numbers Stations have been a source mystery for many years. There is a lot of data on line about them. The best I have found is the Enigma 2000 site

www.apul64.dsl.pipex.com...[/url]

edit on 20-3-2014 by Bluetwo because: link issue

Yes I have had the opportunity to hear three Number Stations broadcasts on short wave over the last say 10 years. One in Spanish even. Of the other two one was and English male and the other was female with some sort of accent.
edit on 20-3-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Nyiah
Mainsail (not Maple) to Skyking transmissions, i.e military. They're fairly regular on several frequencies, as in set times that don't seem to change. Read here

They still use that? I used to hear SkyKing announcements back when I was a kid. AFAIK, that was in use in the early 60s as well.

Usually it went something like "Skyking, skyking. Do not answer. Do not answer. This is Big Rock. This is Big Rock. Backflip. Repeat, backflip. Authentication X-ray"

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Soloprotocol

schweizer
Continued from the other thread I was posting in- here is the recording I was just able to capture at 10:38am Pacific time / 5:39m UTC on 4727 LSB.

Click HERE to listen.

Klingon..^^^

Sounds like you've got the BFO offset. It's SSB that's not put back together quite right. You got that sound too with analog voice encryption but that's too easy to break these days.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

stirling
Maybe its SAC bombers on their way......?

More likely to keep bombers from BEING on their way.

Most EAMs are just status messages.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

schweizer
I just heard the guy say "Skyking Skyking, do not answer."

That's a legit skyking EAM then. It's the USAF. They've sounded like that since the 60s.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
One of the first receivers I built as a kid I screwed up the calculation for the front end tank and instead of WNEG at 630kHz I got a numbers station at what was probably around 6MHz. That was really interesting, as no one back then that I knew had any inkling of what they were.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
4724 is quiet today...

no news is good news?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
4724 is part of the GHFS system (Global HF System). It is a worldwide network of 13 stations that provide air/ground communications between ships and aircraft. It is used for phone patches, HF Radio Teletype (RTTY), command and control during missions, emergencies, general broadcasts, direction finding and ATC support.
Authorized users request service from Global HF System stations by using the general net air-ground call sign "MAINSAIL". Any Global station hearing the call "MAINSAIL" will respond and provide a service. Depending on the service required, the station may request the user to change frequency for improved service.
some other frequencies use are 6712, 6739, 8992, 9025, all USB.
Been listening to these transmissions for years, they are definitely not numbers stations. You will hear many US bases using them, like Andrews, Guam, Ascension Islands, Hickam, Offat.
Numbers stations are much different transmissions. Numbers stations always transmit the same message, over and over. Very rarely do they change, if they do it is normally just one or two letters difference. GHFS transmissions are different every time, unless it is an important message that needs to be transmitted but propagation problems mean it has to be repeated.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join