It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fred Phelps makes the world a better place.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
By leaving it.
linky

Hope lots of people turn up to show these idiots the same respect they showed other grieving families.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

SprocketUK
By leaving it.
linky

Hope lots of people turn up to show these idiots the same respect they showed other grieving families.

So those people who show up and act like him all become no better than him and those who followed him

I dont think by your words you are any better than him
edit on 20-3-2014 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

It would be just rewards for his family though to have a bunch of people attend his funeral to cause mayhem. It is what his church did and a bit of live by the sword, die by the sword kinda thing.

Let his family see how it really feels to have a funeral interrupted. Maybe it will be the end of their madness?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

tinner07

It would be just rewards for his family though to have a bunch of people attend his funeral to cause mayhem. It is what his church did and a bit of live by the sword, die by the sword kinda thing.

Let his family see how it really feels to have a funeral interrupted. Maybe it will be the end of their madness?

You're just as vengeful as they are. You're no different.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WordsAreAvenues

well I am different. I don't protest and disrupt funerals of soldiers or gay men that have died of Aids.

I think that it would be justified because his family and church finds it acceptable behavior.

Personally I thought what they did at funerals was apprehensible but they found it acceptable. Therefore it should be acceptable behavior at his funeral shouldnt it?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

tinner07
reply to post by WordsAreAvenues

well I am different. I don't protest and disrupt funerals of soldiers or gay men that have died of Aids.

I think that it would be justified because his family and church finds it acceptable behavior.

Personally I thought what they did at funerals was apprehensible but they found it acceptable. Therefore it should be acceptable behavior at his funeral shouldnt it?

You really can't see the poor logic you're using?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
ok at least you admit it is logic, albeit poor logic but logic none the less.

Maybe it would be best to ignore him and let his family lay him to rest peacefully.

I am not emotionally involved so I am not going to disrupt his funeral. But... If his church had distrupted a funeral I was emotionally attached to, I would do my best to disrupt his.

You say I am using flawed logic by saying they find it acceptable to disrupt a funeral so they should welcome anybody wanting to disrupt theirs.

How is that flawed logic? They found it acceptable behavior to disrupt a funeral. therefore disrupting his funeral is also acceptable.

Ok upon some thought, their actions were not acceptable to the majority of us I agree. But... they were protected by the supreme court.

If they had interrupted a funeral I was involved in, I guarantee I would be there with a mega phone laughing how he will burn in hell with homosexual soldiers

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Technically, he hasn't actually left earth, YET...

Many verses in the bible that tell us that Hell is inside the earth.

In Matthew 12:40, Jesus says:

"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly: so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the HEART OF THE EARTH. "

Ephesians 4:9, says of Jesus:

"Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the LOWER PARTS OF THE EARTH."

Dr Roger Mills book "While out of my body i saw God, hell and the living dead" also clearly describes hells location being in the center of earth.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

SprocketUK

Lowering oneself to the dead demon's rock bottom level would just put two people on the rock bottom of hell.

Further, the more people who joined in copying the dead demon's antics would just reinforce the demon family of its influence, value and worth.

The best insult would be if NOBODY showed up.
edit on 20/3/2014 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Never speak ill of the dead, no matter who they are or what they did in life. He's dead and no amount of hate speech is gonna help any body out in any way. He was a man with convictions and a diluded way of looking at religion and God. Let the dead rest.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

What if by disrupting his funeral made the rest of the congregation realize that disrupting the funerals of others was wrong and stopped doing it?
Would the end justify the means?

I am saying this church and family finds it perfectly acceptable to disrupt funerals and should expect no less at any funeral of theirs. If they expect otherwise they are hypocrites and subject to the same laws that protected them.

Personally I find it perfectly acceptable to deny this family a peaceful laying of their father. It is what he stood for and would accept no less.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
what's not to understand about perfect logic?
Guy spent his life hurting others, if there is a hell, then he's in it.
/

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

That's a fair point of view.
I don't pretend to be a Christian though, so I'm not subject to all that turn the other cheek stuff.
He and his clan were objectionable people, if someone feels better for turning up and holding a demo at his funeral, then its fair enough as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

The whole discussion here is apparently mute if what I just read is true:

Asked if he was surrounded by family or friends at his death, Margie Phelps would only say that "all of his needs were met when he died." There will be no funeral, she said.

www.kbtx.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Anyway, what I meant to do was write this.

Sorry Mods, I missed the other thread when posting this, cand you delete or merge please?

Didn't mean to clutter the place with duplicate threads, ever so sorry about it.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

There will be no funeral.

Wise choice.

It's frightening when such obviously deranged people attain a position of influence, and a large following.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

SprocketUK

Know what would really show them?

Allow them to have a quiet, respectful funeral for their family member.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Look at the brightside, look what he taught us, how stupid and irrational it is to just hate for the sake of hating.

All that energy devoted to that, I think it brought people together in opposition of their douchery.

Why look at this

new topics

top topics

join