It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fred Phelps Sr., leader of Westboro Baptist Church, dies at 84

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Tylerdurden1
reply to post by tallcool1

I wish I could, but I have hate for that man, and I will let it out! Think of all the lives he has ruined. He doesnt desirve any sort of pleasantry, if that takes me down to his level so be it. Eye for an Eye. I hope people take a fat dump on his grave too. Thats just me. I usually take the high road, but not this time.

I do understand - that's why I included my last sentence in my post saying I understand the sentiment. And I hope I'm not coming across as thinking I'm better than anyone or anything like that, because I don't feel that way... I just think there is enough hate and anger in the world already. You are wasting precious moments of your life on hate - moments that are now gone!

Maybe instead of wasting your valuable time on feelings of hatred for this guy, instead we should all show some love for those he tried to persecute... perhaps a donation in his name to some LGBT organization! Wouldn't that be awesome if we all did that! The hate-speech spewed by him could be turned into a lot of charitable donations in his name to the very organizations he hated!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The heavy metal band Slayer has joined the party .......

Slayer To Protest Westboro Baptist Church Leader Fred Phelps’ Funeral
Liink

Carrying signs saying “God Hates Self-Righteous Fanatics” and “At Least Satan Has Good Taste In Music”, members of the heavy metal rock band Slayer today camped outside the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas waiting to protest the funeral of WBC leader Fred Phelps

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

I was hoping his death wouldn't turn into a 3 ring circus...but I was wrong.

I guess there are those who look for any opportunity for their 15 mins of fame...even at the bottom of the barrel....

Des

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

In all fairness, if you read the linked article I posted, Phelps and the WBC protested at the funeral of the bands former guitarist. It seems only fair that they return the courtesy.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

I guess so...if you're into the whole eye for an eye thing...

Des

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Instead of an eye for an eye, I like to think of it as the Universe balancing itself out.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It's too bad that droves of the LGBT people & others couldn't just go to
the funeral & not protest. They should be there welcoming everyone in
a peaceful manner showing more class & respect for all life.I think if
you're trying to get their goat that would more so than a protest.
Just my 2 cents.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I find it interesting that Phelps was a life-long democrat who tried to run for office several times.

Just a little tidbit for everyone.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
According to his daughter Margie, there will be no funeral. Guessing that already know how it will turn out. Completely deserved I think....not being able to have a funeral for fear of protesters. I think this is the most fitting thing of all. Being put in the ground with nobody to care. Either way, hope they bury him somewhere very private because his grave is sure to be vandalized on a daily basis for a while.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

And Ted Bundy was a republican, this got nothing to do with the most dominant traits of the individual so its irrelevant in this thread, i dont think he being a democrat made him do what he did in life, leave politics out of this as its not related.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Indigent
reply to post by beezzer

And Ted Bundy was a republican, this got nothing to do with the most dominant traits of the individual so its irrelevant in this thread, i dont think he being a democrat made him do what he did in life, leave politics out of this as its not related.

I think he is pointing out how odd it is for a democrat to be so against all the things he is against.....he seems like he would more likely be a republican.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Again politics have nothing to do with this individual actions

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Indigent
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Again politics have nothing to do with this individual actions

Sure they do...he was protesting in a way that involved politics and media to get more coverage for his campaign. He only chose to publicly protest things that were political movements and hot topics. They happened to involve religion as well. He just chose not to separate church and state....

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Indigent
reply to post by beezzer

It goes towards his ideology.

If he'd been GOP, you can bet the house it would have been an issue!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'm really struggling to understand this hatred that so many people had for Mr. Phelps.

It makes no sense.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

R.I.P Fred Phelps, may God grant your soul the humility and compassion that you failed to display in life!

edit on 21-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
He took Lordes name in vain.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

AnimatedMatter
I'm really struggling to understand this hatred that so many people had for Mr. Phelps.

It makes no sense.

Really? Guessing this is sarcasm. Guy was a dietary of the lowest kind.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Destinyone
reply to post by Indigent

I'm not proud to say it. But, there is part of me, that can't help but imagine. All the people who's funerals he protested, standing at the pearly gates, with protest signs.

Protesting his entering his final resting place. It would be fitting.

Des

edit on 20-3-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

I love it!

If only...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

thedeadtruth
He took Lordes name in vain.

Best post all day!

Thank you!

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join