It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fred Phelps Sr., leader of Westboro Baptist Church, dies at 84

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
the Kansas state LGBT group does not want any protest of Fred Phelps, as they say it would give his life meaning. And after all the creator of a hate group, should go unspoken and forgotten. But I say, lets not forget this person, rather we should take the time to remember him, and then maybe create something good, that will benefit all, like say the creation or the endowment of the Fred Phelps Sr, compassion and humanitarian society, for the promotion of world peace and compassion, for the betterment of all mankind and for the further funding of LGBT rights around the world. What better way than to send a message and to finally give this mans life so much meaning? And maybe fund a few HIV/AIDS hospices in his name, along with other organizations, and religious centers for non Christian beliefs.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
With a name like Phelps I'm surprised the antisemite didn't deep throat a gun, having that Jewish surname and all.

Good riddance.

I wonder if Putin will attend the funeral?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

schuyler
I deplore this guy's message and tactics as much as anyone. However. those of you dancing on this guy's grave have just succeeded in lowering yourselves to his level. What's the difference, really, between his hate and vitriol and yours? No, you're not "justified" because you think you are superior to him. You really ought to be ashamed.

The thing is, you're next. Death plays no favorites.

The difference is, he started it. He started all that ridiculousness. So he deserves it back. It wouldnt be low for anyone to retaliate this way. It would be justice.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Hmm, these people are attention whores..they like it good or bad..i bet the worst thing that could happen in the eyes of WBC is nobody showed up or cared, his message and lifes work so meaningless it didnt merit any responce.
They are trolls and provoke to get a responce as trolls do, they should be ignored as such
Food for thought

edit on 20-3-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

sdcigarpig
the Kansas state LGBT group does not want any protest of Fred Phelps as they say it would give his life meaning. And after all the creator of a hate group, should go unspoken and forgotten. But lets not forget this person, rather we should take the time to remember him, and then maybe create something good, that will benefit all, like say the creation or the endowment of the Fred Phelps Sr, compassion and humanitarian society, for the promotion of world peace and compassion, for the betterment of all mankind and for the further funding of LGBT rights around the world. What better way than to send a message and to finally give this mans life so much meaning? And maybe fund a few HIV/AIDS hospices in his name, along with other organizations, and religious centers for non Christian beliefs.

The man was scum and does not deserve to have his name attached to anything positive, however I do believe we should have the following.

WBC

Worldwide Betterment Capaign.

That would be something

We can at least make that acronym positive.

F phelps

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stargatetravels

I would agree, however, the only reason why I would attach his name to such an organization, is that it would serve 2 purposes, the first is to remind people of the sheer hatred that this group has, and the other is that it would irritate his family and WBC to no end to see his name, their family name attached to something that stands for something that they are against.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The man was a living Greek tragedy. Probably lived the words, fate, destiny and unfathomable fortune and never understood that the words mean feck nothing.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
RIH Fred.

You will not be missed.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

whyamIhere
reply to post by Destinyone

It might go something like this...

Phelps: St.Peter can I come in?

St. Peter: Hold on Mr. Phelps I will go ask God.

He will be ok if the angel that nuked Sodom and Gomorrah is on gate duty.
edit on 20-3-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

sdcigarpig
the Kansas state LGBT group does not want any protest of Fred Phelps, as they say it would give his life meaning. And after all the creator of a hate group, should go unspoken and forgotten. But I say, lets not forget this person, rather we should take the time to remember him, and then maybe create something good, that will benefit all, like say the creation or the endowment of the Fred Phelps Sr, compassion and humanitarian society, for the promotion of world peace and compassion, for the betterment of all mankind and for the further funding of LGBT rights around the world. What better way than to send a message and to finally give this mans life so much meaning? And maybe fund a few HIV/AIDS hospices in his name, along with other organizations, and religious centers for non Christian beliefs.

They shouldn't complain to much. Guys like Phelps give them the sort of free reverse sympathetic publicity you couldn't buy at any price.

They also shouldn't complain as some of us remember when the LGs marched around Tomas Road Baptist church with frogs crucified on small crosses and a host of other colorful communications. I guess they got smart and changed their ways.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Hoestly reading some of these comments, and Im thinking to myself "some people are just being too nice".

Im glad he is dead. I hope he suffers, and is shown the error of his ways. I hope he gets to make it up, by being reincarnated as a flamboyant gay person. Or he gets to be a stone stepped on every day, and is conscience about it.

I have no sympathy for him, because he had none for others. I am human, and to fight the feeling of joy over this, is against my nature. So good riddance to bad rubbish.

edit on 21-3-2014 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

sdcigarpig
the Kansas state LGBT group does not want any protest of Fred Phelps, as they say it would give his life meaning.

Good for them!! They are showing more class and dignity then those Westboro hate mongers.
If anyone goes and protests, it'll give fuel for their hate rants. I hope the funeral is ignored.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
GOOD RIDDANCE!!! I'm upset he didn't # the bed sooner!! This guy was a disgrace to the genuine baptist, he was baptist in name only... Smearing God like he did, I would NOT want to be where he is now.. He is, from his OWN actions, rotting in hell.

He pushed the limits of free speech to a whole other level... I am GLAD the supreme court upheld OUR right to FREE speech..

Idiots like him, makes you think about, should we even have free speech?? I thought about it, contemplated, well this guy NEEDS to be shut up. Laws should not have silenced his group.

I am glad bikers and anti-protesters would drown them out, how you fight it, only way you can fight it, with your own words, be louder then them..
edit on 21-3-2014 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

schuyler
I deplore this guy's message and tactics as much as anyone. However. those of you dancing on this guy's grave have just succeeded in lowering yourselves to his level. What's the difference, really, between his hate and vitriol and yours? No, you're not "justified" because you think you are superior to him. You really ought to be ashamed.

The thing is, you're next. Death plays no favorites.

Schuyler - although I am obviously going to be in the minority here - I absolutely agree with you. It's the same reason that I am against the death penalty. Just as the death penalty is hypocritical revenge murder, so would be celebrating our hatred at this guys death. How is being overjoyed at this idiots death any different than his disgusting hatred? Hate is hate and just because we can all agree that this man was "evil", it doesn't make us any better when we rejoice his death in the same way that he rejoiced in military or gay deaths.

I mean, I do understand the sentiment - we just need to be better than those who are so vile.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Ph03n1x
Good Riddance............. he was a Vile, hateful little creature who didn't deserve the 80 years worth of oxygen required to sustain him.....

If i believed in hell i would expect him to be down there roasting on a spit right now
That may seem a little harsh but i have no time for people who use religious rhetoric to validate their own hateful agendas...

I am a Christian myself...although most church goers would disagree with my beliefs. I do not believe in hell. Hell was something that the church invented to scare people into church so their money could be collected and they could be controlled. Eternal torment in flaming hell is not something an all loving God would create for the imperfect people He created. Still, I'm sure Phelps is feeling like a dick right now...

I believe that if god does exist he almost certainly does not "Hate Fags", i would suggest he loves all his creations regardless of sexual orientation, ethnic origins or religious views but then again what do i know, i'm just an average guy with his head in the clouds

This statement shows me that you understand the nature of God far more than most Christians do! God loves everyone regardless. No one "burns in hell for all eternity". I couldn't do that to my worst enemy, and I'm certainly no better than God is - so how much more forgiving will He be.

all that being said, i genuinely feel bad for his children... even hateful little creatures deserve to have the unconditional love of family, i hope they go on to find joy in their lives...

PHNX

If only more "Christians" would feel this way. The human written Bible does not, I believe, reflect the true loving nature of God because it has been edited so as to exert control over people and their money and also to downplay the role of women. "They" can't have you knowing that Mary Magdalene was Jesus #1 Apostle! Hell, the church just recently admitted that she wasn't the adulteress that they falsely portrayed her to be...but I'm drifting off topic now.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

I wish I could, but I have hate for that man, and I will let it out! Think of all the lives he has ruined. He doesnt desirve any sort of pleasantry, if that takes me down to his level so be it. Eye for an Eye. I hope people take a fat dump on his grave too. Thats just me. I usually take the high road, but not this time.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I wish I could, but I have hate for that man, and I will let it out! Think of all the lives he has ruined. He doesnt desirve any sort of pleasantry, if that takes me down to his level so be it. Eye for an Eye. I hope people take a fat dump on his grave too. Thats just me. I usually take the high road, but not this time.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The day has come, that I have been waiting for. And now that it is here. I think I will just take the high road as so many others have taken. But all the same, I thought I would add my presence here. As I was one of the many defenders VS his message and actions. The World is a slightly better place now that he is gone.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
well waddooya know:
a rapture of one
RIP Mr Phelps

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join