It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fred Phelps Sr., leader of Westboro Baptist Church, dies at 84

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It's never a good thing when someone dies, but I'm finding it hard to not think 'Good Riddance'. He was so full of hate, misguided anger and had a really confused agenda. His legacy will be one of hate and intolerance.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
You know what would be pretty ironic

If all of us are all wrong, and the WBC were right,

and in `heaven` theres just like one other person, ``welcome freddy we have been excpecting you, wheres shirley`

i know its unlikely but that would definatly be sods law if that happened
edit on 20-3-2014 by eliuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
"Haaaaalleluyah. halleluyah, hallleyyyyluyaaaaa!" Just singing to myself. Good riddance to an evil man.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Yes it is a win..take the win but i guess the idea is not to gloat over it too much.
Cheers

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

schuyler
I deplore this guy's message and tactics as much as anyone. However. those of you dancing on this guy's grave have just succeeded in lowering yourselves to his level. What's the difference, really, between his hate and vitriol and yours? No, you're not "justified" because you think you are superior to him. You really ought to be ashamed.

The thing is, you're next. Death plays no favorites.

Sorry, I'm personally tired of being politically correct or otherwise. I would not stoop to his level and picket his funeral, but the world is better without him, he hurt many already hurting people. I feel no shame in saying I am glad he's dead, and damn he had too long of a life on top of it!

Said my peace, now done.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
We all have lessons to learn on the planet. His lesson probably was that no matter how evil or sad you are by mocking others there comes a time you will have to face your own actions. So for every1 posting negative stuff about this guy. You will be judged to one day.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I'm not going to hide how I feel, PC or not...

I'M GLAD THAT MORON IS DEAD!!! HOPE YOU ROT IN HELL MOFO!!! YOU DESERVE IT!!!

edit on 20-3-2014 by ATSAlex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eliuk

I would gladly rot in hell if that is what god supports

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I dont think anyone should picket his funeral but I wouldn't be opposed to defacing his tombstone with equality stickers and rainbows

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I am at a loss for words here. For all of the hate that this man would spew, and teach, yet we do have to give him thanks for the lessons that he would teach to all. While he had the opportunity to show compassion and what religion could be, instead he revealed what so many have seen, the pure hatred and intolerance of one group towards another, and was vocal about it. And as sad of a man as he was, I can not help but believe that his words, his group did more good for ensuring gay rights in the USA, than any other.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
If people found his actions despicable they shouldn't repeat them. I don't think anyone would waste their energy to picket his funeral anyway. That man used his life to inflict pain on others and spread hate, I imagine he's in quite a bit of shock at the moment. Showing the rest of the WBC 'how it feels' will serve no purpose either, they don't understand humanity or human emotions... it wouldn't affect them in the least, they have no capacity for love or compassion so they aren't grieving.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
What if Mr Phelps was a victom of religion though? A religion that man wrote? What if Man long ago decided what sin is and what it isn't and wrote it down and delivered it to the people? He spent his entire life I suppose as a miserable self righteous Christian thinking he was right, while all along condemning the rest of the world to eternal hell fire and damnation. What if he wasted his entire life reading the Bible and believing it then taking it to extremes and acting upon it doing his part as a Christian which he thought was right for a God that couldn't in reality give a damn about his convictions? Its just a thought.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Destinyone
All the people who's funerals he protested, standing at the pearly gates, with protest signs.

They would be waiting a vry long time, as he is not going there!

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
He has left a poisonous legacy, but he has just proved to us all he is as mortal as the rest of us.

He was given a life and a chance to do whatever with it, as we all are. He chose to use it to spread hate and fear but now he is gone.

No matter what I think of the matter personally, the man will only ever be remembered for all the negative things he did and that is his legacy. Infamous and despised.

I think I'd rather be me any day

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Lol some of you are definitely wishful thinkers. If this funeral is public in anyway shape or form there will be people there making a scene and picketing. Rightly so, arguably.

Personally? I would not picket his funeral as it just brings more hate to the world and put's this man on the same level as you....

However, say one of my relatives was one of those soldiers' whose funeral was picketed by these people? Well in that case, to be honestly I would probably feel very different and may just go picket this guy's funeral after all. You reap what you sow after all.
edit on 20-3-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

schuyler
I deplore this guy's message and tactics as much as anyone. However. those of you dancing on this guy's grave have just succeeded in lowering yourselves to his level. What's the difference, really, between his hate and vitriol and yours? No, you're not "justified" because you think you are superior to him. You really ought to be ashamed.

The thing is, you're next. Death plays no favorites.

The difference is his hate and ignorance were an affront to humanity. Normally we make allowences for the mistakes that people make, but we do have to draw the line somewhere.

Westboro Baptist Church = disgraced for all time.

edit on 20-3-2014 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
i mean, it'd be great if this sad piece of crap died an empty, lonely death, and nobody remembered him, and nobody talked about it....but since the media outlets have already reported on his passing, and given it more attention than it deserves, i say give it the beans....bring on the protesters....

now i know some of you are of the opinion that it lowers us to their level....i disagree...there is a concept that's lost on some folks..it's the concept of poetic justice....

it'd be interesting to see how those ignorant scumbags deal with people picketing his funeral....though, they're so idiotic, i wouldn't be surprised to see them picketing the damned thing themselves....

maybe if they get a taste of some of the discomfort, and hatred they dish out on a near daily basis, maybe, JUST MAYBE, they might give a little thought to changing their ways.....

one can hope, right?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Good Riddance............. he was a Vile, hateful little creature who didn't deserve the 80 years worth of oxygen required to sustain him.....

If i believed in hell i would expect him to be down there roasting on a spit right now

That may seem a little harsh but i have no time for people who use religious rhetoric to validate their own hateful agendas...

I believe that if god does exist he almost certainly does not "Hate Fags", i would suggest he loves all his creations regardless of sexual orientation, ethnic origins or religious views but then again what do i know, i'm just an average guy with his head in the clouds

all that being said, i genuinely feel bad for his children... even hateful little creatures deserve to have the unconditional love of family, i hope they go on to find joy in their lives...

PHNX

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

schadenfreude
As a christian that doesn't like to see the Bible twisted and perverted by "people" claiming to be same, and yet knowing I'm supposed to take the high road on matters like this, allow me to say this:

"Be not deceived, for God is not mocked, for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." (Gal. 6:7)

Glad I'm not in his shoes.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw this. He definitely got now everything God felt he deserved. That is good enough for anyone I would think.
edit on 20-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
If people protest his funeral, all it's going to do is justify in the minds of the WBC their actions. I hope he's quickly forgotten. And the world forgets the rest of the WBC.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join