It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fred Phelps Sr., leader of Westboro Baptist Church, dies at 84

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well according to Phelps gays are going to hell..i think most certianly he was gay, usually someone who so goes out of his way to voice his hatred is often a case of self loathing..you do the math..lol

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Be the change - to protest his funeral would be the height of hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
To echo many other sentiments shared in this thread so far, I normally don't revel in another's demise even if they were a particularly nasty individual, but I will admit to cracking a smile and feeling a little celebratory at this man's death.

The world suddenly feels a little less hateful, even if only for a day or two.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

freakjive
reply to post by whyamIhere

Be the change - to protest his funeral would be the height of hypocrisy.

I am not protesting anything.

The man is human debris.

I was just kidding around. I get no joy from anybody's death.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I hope no one protests as well.

Lead by example people. Elevate.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It sad really, all the hate he gave just for publicity i would think just bring him a lonely death hate by everyone perhaps even his own people.

Right now i'm just remembering Mandela and all the good wishes his death bring. its hard to believe the two men walked the earth at the same time.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

nighthawk1954
reply to post by Indigent

Maybe all us Fire fighters ,cops, EMS and bikers should go down and protest his funeral.
Like how 2000 of us fended them off for the funerals at Sandyhook!

edit on 20-3-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

If that where to be done, you would be no better than the ones you are protesting. Hate is hate regardless of its foundation.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
May it be an enlightening experience for him.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

The difference is we are expression.g an opinion on a website, we not expressing our hate to his family and friends at his funeral. He was an evil man, and I wonder if he will be shocked at where he ends up.
I think he was working for the dark side all along.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
A bloke once said, oh about 2,000 years ago, let he who is without sin cast the first stone. The truth is NONE OF US are without sin. I certaintly have and when it is time to shuffle my mortal coil, I will have to attone for that in front of the Creator. A bit like facing the Headteacher's Office I guess!!!! Phelps will face his own Judgement in a Higher Court. Which we all have to face at some point. I have been in court on Jury Service. And I was very nearly in contempt of court. I was only a youngster but a fellow pupil made me get a fit of giggles when she compared the Judge to one of the Muppets which I found highly amusing!
One day I will be facing my Judgement Day as will we all.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Wonder who will protest his funeral? After all, he showed so much mercy while he lived

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I think the best we can do is give condolences to his loved ones. It's hard losing a father, or any relative or friend. A sad story.

He probably helped the gay movement much much more than he hurt it. His form of extremism shed light on the absurdity of any form of discrimination. In that sense he will be missed, but his deeds already did the job (the opposite of what he wanted, unless he was at heart a pro-gay activist who knew what he was doing, wouldn't that be a kick).

Everyone who opposed his position should send a prayer for his soul, because praying was his form of communication with the Divine. Love your enemies leaves no exception.

That last reminds me of the night a couple of years ago when that man who was so blatantly innocent was put to death, and hundreds of people were outside the prison protesting the death penalty. That same exact night the man in Texas who had dragged the black man behind his car and killed him was executed, and the only protester there was civil rights activist Dick Gregory. Gregory's statement of protest against the death penalty that evening still rings with authority and love.
edit on 20-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

I honestly think, in the grand scheme of the afterlife. We are our own judge jury and executioner, without the filter of ego to gloss over and paint our imperfections as we do in real life.

I think he's in for a rude awakening, when he looks into the mirror of his actions, and how he chose to live this life. A bitter painful awakening.

Des

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hopefully a bunch of gay people show up and make out throughout the whole funeral. Just a straight up gay pride parade all around the cemetery.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
A life fueled by hate is a life wasted.

'Nuff said.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WordsAreAvenues

~backs away from the trollbait slowly~

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

He was one of the few people in this world I hope gets the daily Hitler treatment from the movie Little Nicky. It would be his own take on the Pineapple Express.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
All I gotta say is let it go, he's gone and thats that.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This it totally appropriate, considering the amount of hate he spread and incalculable misery he put mourners through.

I know some people are going to go all pearl clutchy over any comments deemed negative over this foul arse, but so be it. One less source of pain for families out of that nasty group (excommunicated or not) is a total win for humanity.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

schuyler
I deplore this guy's message and tactics as much as anyone. However. those of you dancing on this guy's grave have just succeeded in lowering yourselves to his level. What's the difference, really, between his hate and vitriol and yours? No, you're not "justified" because you think you are superior to him. You really ought to be ashamed.

The thing is, you're next. Death plays no favorites.

Is it hard to breath up there...you know..as your always on the moral high ground.....

Try NOT being so damn condescending.

He was a terrible man, he made many unhappy when their lives were destroyed by the death of a loved one by protesting at their funerals. His death has made people happy. So what.
edit on PM4Thu20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join